Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Introducing new pups

• 26-01-2012 6:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭

I have an 18 month old Rotweiller and 2 yr old Jack Russell. My cousing has gone into the hospital and asked us to take care of her 2 old english sheepdog pups for a few days. They're about 5 months old and very energetic. My Rotweiller can be quite protective of the house and I'm not sure as to how she will react to these to lively pups.

Anyone any ideas as to how I should introduce these pups with the minimum of upset?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭marley123

HI There,

Definately introduce the pups & your dogs on neutral turf..
    Invest in a babygate which you can block off one room with which will enable your dogs to sniff the pups & visa versa without them being able to get to each other...

If you want to move on from that keep your existing dogs on the leash & indroduce the pups gradually over a number of hours..

Advertisement