Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blacknight hosting settings help

Options
  • 26-01-2012 6:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm new to this & setting up my first site, so bear with me..:o

I have a Linux shared maximus account, and have registered an .ie domain. When I'm setting up my web hosting, there is a drop down box which gives me several options:

Parking, Single page website, Frame forwarding, Standard forwarding or website (Apache).

Theplan is to link this to a Wix site until the Joomla one is complete, so which of these options do i choose? Is there a comprehensive doc on the support site that I'm missing re. setting this up?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Choose one of the forwarding options IF the wixx site is accessible via a "sane" address eg. user.wixx.com or wixx.com/user

I've no idea how they handle things on their end, but I suspect they've it documented.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

And to add to that .. ..

With the forwarding setup you effectively are not using the hosting ..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

Done & dusted, thanks for the help.

Advertisement