Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

xbox apps

Options
  • 26-01-2012 7:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭

hi, just got an xbox 360 + kinect, what apps are avalible in ireland, cheers, any other tips and game suggestions? looking forward to tiger woods 2013

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Youtube, Dailymotion, Facebook and Twitter are on it as free apps. You can get the Sky app if you have a Sky subscription and a Netflix app if you have a Netflix subscription. Netflix give you a free month trial but make sure to turn off the auto-renewal on their website if you aren't planning on keeping it.

Not that impressed with the selection on Netflix to be honest as the TV shows are not up to date at all. You can get the American version if you feck around with your DNS, which has a better selection naturally, but I can't be arsed with doing that when I can get my movies etc from other sources.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

You can also get 4oD (Channel 4 on Demand), which is pretty great and MSN (an entertainment news app primarily but also has a pretty decent library of classic UK tv shows for free). To get these apps you need to be logged into a UK XBL account. The easiest way to do this is to create a UK hotmail account, then create a new XBL account using that address. You can then download these apps after which they will be accessible through your regular Irish profile. It only really takes 10mins and is well worth it for 4oD alone.

Also, theres MUZU which is basically a library of free music videos.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭ThunderApple

I didn't even know my xbox had a twitter app. I only use it for gaming. :) now I'm going to tweet stupid things like 'oops, Ezio killed innocent civilians', while playing Assassins Creed...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Over 40 new apps announced ..... most of them we'll not get but Skydrive is out now doesn't show up in the list of apps but if you press Y when on the apps tab to search it's there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Twitter app is gone, as is the Facebook one (because you can use IE for Twitter and Facebook now),

Vevo is another Music Video app
    YouTube

There were a bunch listed but they're a mixed bag - SkyDrive, Deezer, CrunchyRoll, IndieFlicks and a few others. Most of the best ones are already listed.

IE is pretty good, but becomes really good if you have a smart phone and run the SmartGlass app - much better for text input, scrolling and pinch to zoom.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭smcelhinney

With a bit of magic and jiggery-pokery you can sign up for the US version of Netflix.

I didnt say that though.

But Google is your friend.

Edit: Sorry, someone said this already. But I dont get to use the term "jiggery pokery" much, so Im leaving it there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

Anyone use the new karaoke app?
    Would love to see something like 1 vs 100 come back to xbox.
    Other apps available through UK account, happy wars, ign, napster, blip, now tv etc.
    Anyone use any of them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Patsy fyre wrote: »
    Anyone use the new karaoke app?
    Would love to see something like 1 vs 100 come back to xbox.
    Other apps available through UK account, happy wars, ign, napster, blip, now tv etc.
    Anyone use any of them?

Tried it on my "other" account as the achievements require you to have both kinect and smartglass, but you get 5 free songs then have to buy time ranging from 240 points for 2 hours to 800 points for 24 hours.

Only real reason I had a go at it was to see smartglass in action proper at long last, worked very nicely indeed. As for the game you coould put the pic up to the speaker and do just was well as you would actually singing it :pac:

Advertisement