Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Europeans 2012 Results

• 26-01-2012 7:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Today the white and blue belts all fought hard and represented Ireland well. A lot of people taking a few wins and falling short just before the medals. Notably Richard Gorey and Joey breslin who went 3 matches deep only to lose close matches to eventual division winners/medalists.

My student Sam McNally took home Irelands only medal today. Sam won the whitebelt roosterweight division after 3 hard matches. He beat his first opponent by bow and arrow choke, his second by guillotine and won his third by points. Sam is only 17 years old and has only been training BJJ for 11 months. To top everything off he was awarded his blue belt on the podium by our head instructor Saulo Ribeiro!

Purple belts and female blue belts are on tomorrow, with Brown belts to follow on Saturday. I will do my best to post results tomorrow when i get a chance.

Darragh

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭MaeveD

Here's the schedule for anyone who's interested, we have two guys up tomorrow... fingers crossed :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

There's more than two I think! Tom King, Ciaran Maher, Paul Fox all up tomorrow at least.

I was beaten by a cross choke in first fight.
    Karl Redmond injured after 10 seconds, I'm transporting him around the apartment on a table with wheels.
    Andy White beaten by 2 points from a takedown, that Guy went on to take Silver.
    Dean was beaten on points
    Richie Crossdale was beaten by an absolute beast.
    Kamil won his first fight and missed out on the semi final on points.

Congrats to Sam, the Guy tore it up today. Really impressive!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭MaeveD

I just meant two from Balance... sounds like there's a good crowd out there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭jitz

Fair play to all who competed. Huge congrats to Sam and Darragh great achievement! I seen that the guy who beat Richie Crossdale went on to win the weight category as well as the absolute so he must be awesome, just bad luck to draw him so early.

All the best to the rest of the competitors:)

Darragh got a Bronze in his division.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭Tim_Murphy

RJJIreland wrote: »
    My student Sam McNally took home Irelands only medal today. Sam won the whitebelt roosterweight division after 3 hard matches. He beat his first opponent by bow and arrow choke, his second by guillotine and won his third by points. Sam is only 17 years old and has only been training BJJ for 11 months. To top everything off he was awarded his blue belt on the podium by our head instructor Saulo Ribeiro!

Pretty sweet say to get a new belt! Congrats to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Liam_B

Nice work Darragh!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78 ✭✭dardis

SDTimeout wrote: »
    Wow. A lot of people might not know how big a deal this is. To medal at that level in the brown belt adult division is a major accomplishment. Huge congrats.

Yeah serious result for Darragh!! . He won his first absolute match then was frustrated by Luke Costollo who went on to get Gold. Chris Bowe took silver and then was beaten by a huge Lloyd Irvin Guy.

Joey Breslin was the only Guy who won on the blues National team. Even though it seemed the ref was trying his hardest to let his Portuguese opponent win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Richy06

Any results for the purples that were competing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭TEAM RYANO

Great results guys ,well done to everyone that went and competed .
    irish bjj is looking good .:D

• Registered Users Posts: 21 RJJIreland

Richy06 wrote: »
    Any results for the purples that were competing?

tom king, john eustace and ryan smith all lost tough first round matches. Paul fox won his first two impressively but lost his third!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 826 ✭✭✭SBG Ireland

great results and for darragh and chris to medal at the Europeans is huge! :)

dardis wrote: »
    Wow. A lot of people might not know how big a deal this is. To medal at that level in the brown belt adult division is a major accomplishment. Huge congrats.

That's serious going alright, congrats to Darragh and Chris.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Charlie3dan

Fair play to all competitors and well done on the results!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

RJJIreland wrote: »
    tom king, john eustace and ryan smith all lost tough first round matches. Paul fox won his first two impressively but lost his third!

Peter Lavery also lost but fair play to him going over to represent Ireland, well done to all competitors.

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

Colin Byrne got a bronze medal.

Advertisement