Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Iphone 4s Problems with Meteor

• 26-01-2012 7:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭

I got a Free iphone 4s from Meteor under the 24 month contract. So Long Story Short. i got 2 new handsets off Apple, so after handset 3 i update to the new version of IOS 5.0.1 and still have the same issue rang Meteor about it. no joy rang comReg it took Meteor 3 weeks to get back to me.

so Meteor are telling me its not an Issue with the Network as were i am has full 3G coverage and not an Issue with the phone. So what is it then ??

They are trying to tell me that the Iphone 4s is build to save power.. Really ! :eek:

That every other phone on the Market scanned the Coverage for a Signal every couple of Seconds where the iphone Scans the Coverage every couple of Minutes so thats is where the problem is the company set the scan for service to long to save on battery..

So he told me ah sure just turn on and off airplane mode before making calls. that way you know your always in coverage. and beacuse their is no issue with the phone and the Network they can not give me a Different Make phone nor allow me to Exit out of my Contract, I am now filing a claim in the Small Claims court

they are braking the law by not giving me a Replaced handset or a refund.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,330 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

If it's not an issue with the phone or network have your tried changing sims?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Cork24

thats what Meteor is Claiming its not the phone or Network, it is the way the phone is made...

in all my life i have never heard Some amount of Bull coming from ones mouth and yes i have tried number of Sims in that phone from Meteor all with the same Issue..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭TBi

Cork24 wrote: »
    thats what Meteor is Claiming its not the phone or Network, it is the way the phone is made...

in all my life i have never heard Some amount of Bull coming from ones mouth and yes i have tried number of Sims in that phone from Meteor all with the same Issue..

You have not shown that this is an iPhone issue, just a meteor issue.

Again... if you believe meteor is lying why are you again posting that the iPhone is the problem?

The issue, until proven other wise, is with meteor. Why did you not post a thread "Meteor network issues in my area".

It's false to blame the iPhone unless you've tried a different phone. Reiterating that meteor said it does not change that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

whos with o2 and do u have the same problem

• Advertisement

Ok i looked at the fourm and seen that Meteor are using a 32k sim where the iphone needs a 128 bit Sim

Where does this leave me Stand ? in cancelling my Contract ?

Advertisement