Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

hen laying problems

• 26-01-2012 8:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

hi i have hens laying on the hen coop floor and i have a hen laying box attached to the back of the hen coop and they wont lay eggs there any ideas???:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭theparish

Try a cardboard nest box with straw or wood shavings on the floor near the vacinity of the nest box they should be using.Leave a couple of marked eggs in this box for a week or so.This should get them used to laying in that particular area.Then move it into the "real" nest box,my own nest boxes are only 18 inches of the floor so they can see them.The main thing with nest boxes is enough of them,that they are big enough,have them partitioned from one another and bedding.But there will always be one or two stuborn so and so's who will have you searching high and low for eggs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Rockery Woman

Most of my hens are kind enough to lay in their nest boxes, but one of mine lays eggs outside in the grass in exactly the same place every day or so, in the spring and summer months.

Mine are quiet enough this time of the year though, very sporadic egg-laying in the winter and regular, usually daily in the summer months when there are longer daylight hours.

Do you have a light in the hen-house? Do you feed them layers mash/pellets all year round? Just curious as I have been keeping hens for years but always looking for new tips and ideas.

Advertisement