Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clearblue Fertility Monitor

Options
  • 26-01-2012 8:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    Just thought I'd start a new thread for those using the clearblue fertility monitor.

I'm a newbie to it and am only on my first month. CD10 now and still reading low's, I think its going to be a long month :o

Is anyone else using it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

I'll keep babbling on this thread and hopefully another monitor user will join me soon! I got my first high on CD14 last night and another one this morning. I used a cheapie OPK yest and it was completely negative. I also have no ovulaton pains, no sore boobs so i think my high might be another few days away!

It's sort of sad but i almost spring out of bed in the morning to use the monitor...it has sort of given me a new hope :o

I've been googling it loads and find forums where it's nothing but positive news...probably giving me alot of false hope really :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

I'm waiting to catch one cheap enough on Ebay as I can't afford to fork out the price they charge in chemists here :D I've read up a bit about it and it seems to be mostly positive stories but in some cases, it can take a few cycles to give accurate readings. Do you mind me asking how much you paid for yours? :o Oh and good luck with it :D

I'm waiting to catch one cheap enough on Ebay as I can't afford to fork out the price they charge in chemists here :D I've read up a bit about it and it seems to be mostly positive stories but in some cases, it can take a few cycles to give accurate readings. Do you mind me asking how much you paid for yours? :o Oh and good luck with it :D

I didnt want to fork out the cash either so I actually bought it from adverts.ie. Got it for €50 incl. 26 test sticks. Thought that was a bargain. Defo look there, there was a few on.

Whohooo, I got peak today which is cd18. Didnt expect it in my first month though. Will do an OPK later to see if that would have picked it up.

fun evening ahead :p

Ok, I think I'm on a lone run with this thread but if there anyone who has used the clearblue monitor can you tell me if this is normal..

I got a peak on cd18 and 19, then a high on cd20. I thought I wouldnt be asked for anymore sticks but it asked for them again on cd21,22 and 23 which all had low readings. Is this right?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Fluffyduck11

yellow hen wrote: »
    Ok, I think I'm on a lone run with this thread but if there anyone who has used the clearblue monitor can you tell me if this is normal..

I got a peak on cd18 and 19, then a high on cd20. I thought I wouldnt be asked for anymore sticks but it asked for them again on cd21,22 and 23 which all had low readings. Is this right?

Hi yellow hen,
    I just bought a new monitor, dropped my other one, its still working but not chancing it, so starting fresh this month, I never had that happen to me in the length that ive used the monitor. Are you on any medication as it could be sensetive to it, or missed a testing day? Are your sticks in date? Is this your first month using the monitor?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

yellow hen wrote: »

I use a monitor and on my first month it asked for readings for 20 days. Presumably it's about building up information on your cycle. After that it stops asking for sticks once you peak. Also it asks you to start on day 6 the first month but after that it will usually ask for a later date depending on when you got your first high. It normally asks me to start on day 9.

You might be able to read the sticks yourself too. The line nearest the end you pee on is the Lh line and it gets darker as your Lh rises. The other line is the oestrogen line and it (weirdly) gets lighter as your oestrogen rises. When you are getting low readings you will have a thick oestrogen reading and no/a very faint Lh line. When your readings are high the oestrogen line starts to fade and the Lh line gets thicker. Then when you peak you can see the lines reverse and the oestrogen line is really faint and the Lh line is really strong.

Here's an image I found online when I learned to read them.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTMB4Uiv0XJCVK4gOW4Sicj8dsNa47Xj_nzUeD0T8y5EbI2ppuOyEecsEF6dw

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Custard Cream

Hi Yellow Hen
    I used one for the first time last month. Like you it asked me to test on days past my peak day but I figured it was trying to get the best reading. I started the second month today so I'll keep you posted on how I get on.

I got mine on ebay aswell as I thought they were a bit too expensive in the chemist. Think I paid €50 and I got the test sticks with it.

Here's hoping we all get BFP's in March:)

Thanks all. I've gone through 18 sticks this month so hopefully I'm nearly done. I HATE this waiting bit now. Something in my head and heart believes it isn't going to happen for us this time :(

I hate the 2ww. This month I'm giving all my cheapy test to my OH to hide from me. I've been testing when I know it's probably a bit too early to. Then when it's positive I keep thinking well I may still be pregnant and just testing to early. Nightmare. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you Yellow Hen. The monitors are supposed to be great. Keep the chin up.

• Advertisement

thanks custard, you too :)

5dpo now..time seems to almost stop during this fortnight :o

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Carley353

Hi Yellow Hen,

the two days of Peak reverting to High is normal as there is still a slim chance of conception after ovulation has occurred.

After using it for a while I learned that my usual Peak days were CD13/14 and so I used less sticks (as they're so expensive) by only starting at CD10 and I stopped once I got the first Peak, as it's automatically going to give you another Peak day after that and then revert to highs so there's no real benefit to using up all your sticks once you hit that first Peak - although the monitor will still look for sticks in the days after.

On a side point of the TWW, I learnt when doing classes on natural family planning that in a lot of cases you can observe the egg coming away after ovulation (if you haven't conceived) as the mucus is different from normal - kinda whiteish/yellow. Not what you want to see when you're trying to conceive BUT it does take the sting out of the TWW as you don't spend so long obsessing about it and wondering cos you kinda know already and then you can gear up for next month. It may not help everyone but I have found it useful, you just have to get used to looking for the signs that you wouldn't normally pay any attention to.

As for the fertility monitor, it worked for us within a few months first time so hopefully it'll do the same for you :) Good Luck.

Hi carley, that's interesting re mucus. I'm 5dpo and have some creamy yellowy cm. Much the same as every other month. I can't find anything online that agrees with your theory re mucus colour. Have u seen it anywhere online?

Hi all. CD7 and the monitor asked me to test. It's my second month using it. I should be ovulating next week so I reckon from Sunday we will try for every second day.

day7, I thought it might be a little later on the second cycle. Mine used 20 sticks this first month. It used 5 after I got my 2nd peak....I reckon it's pre-set to just ask for 20 in the first month, irrrespective of the readings. Bit of a money racket! But hey, if it works they can have my money :P

Happy bonking...and what better day to get started!

Hi posting on the monitor thread and TTC thread. Dilema. Due to my hubbys low sperm count as a result of chemo two years ago I'm trying to work out the best days to have intercourse. Very romantic I know:D So I thought that I'd ovulate tomorrow and was planning to have intercourse last night (Sunday), Tuesday and Thursday. So last night went as planned and then I did the monitor this morning and a cheapy ovulation test. The monitor says I'm at peak fertility and the cheapy test was positive. Now I'm wondering if we should just do it again when we get home or wait until tomorrow? If we wait until tomorrow it will be tomorrow night. My husband has college after work so he will be up at the craic of dawn for work and then won't be home till about 9/10.

Any advice? I'm tempted just to go for it again this evening and tomorrow:)

Girls, I'm on my second month using the monitor and this month I started using the sticks from day 10. I tend to ovulate a little late, usually day19. Today I went to pee on a stick and the monitor just read low and it didnt seem to want the stick. It could have been just after the 3hr window but is that still odd?

The same thing happened me yesterday. I got up probably at the edge of the 3hr window and the monitor didnt want a stick again. I got my peak on Saturday so expected a peak again yesterday which the monitor gave without giving a urine reading. Today, it didnt ask for stick either. That means I only used 9 sticks in the last month :confused:

Anyways, based on cm, I think I probably did ovulate over the weekend and i have a dull ache in my right ovary over the last 3 days also. I hate this 2ww now. I havent bought the clomid yet as I'm hoping and praying I dont need it. Hubbie getting SA on Friday too which is another €150. It really is money, money, money isn't it?!

Advertisement