Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Did Enda Kenny blame the Irish people for the crisis?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

coolbeans wrote: »
    I suspect that those most offended by Kenny's remarks are those who did borrow unwisely for whatever reason.

You suspect wrong. I wouldn't be remotely offended if that were the case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

coolbeans wrote: »
    I suspect that those most offended by Kenny's remarks are those who did borrow unwisely for whatever reason. The truth hurts.

You suppose very wrongly !!! I borrowed wisely, as in one mortgage that's on a tracker, that I'll have paid off in 20years time, that I'm working hard to pay back, and I'm deeply offended by his remarks, I did NOTHING in the creation of this mess we're all in.

Enda Cowardly Kenny knows damn well who the main players are in this mess, but he's too cowardly to point his skrawny finger at them :mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 994 ✭✭✭carbon nanotube

Anyone wrote: »
    http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/kenny-mad-borrowing-sparked-crisis-537452.html

So, according to Enda, we are resoponsible for the current economic crisis. He can go and fúck himself if he is laying the blame on us, the Irish people. Between this and that other gog****e in Cork proposing that SOPA'esque bill, I cant help think that this shower are as bad as the last shower we got rid of.

of course we are, the crisis is far and wide but in Ireland it was not helped by property developers charging more for houses in ballybunion than in san franciso, ditto to moms buying BMW X5s to take kids to work.

not to mention being able to get a 400k 100% mortage in the big smoke with f**k all of a job.

Ireland was gone balonyey with money.

Now thankfully new BMW SUV school runs are distant memory

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

I think the average joe soap who got a mortgage needs to cool the beans, we are talking remortgaging every year to free up positive equity crowd who need the top end car out the front and the several holidays a year and the golf club membership

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭phil1nj

gcgirl wrote: »
    I think the average joe soap who got a mortgage needs to cool the beans, we are talking remortgaging every year to free up positive equity crowd who need the top end car out the front and the several holidays a year and the golf club membership

You are 100% correct and most people on here know this. Shame Enda K. didn't flesh out his response in such a manner when he decided to speak about the entire nation in such a way as he did during the debate in Switzerland.

Ah well, roll on next week when something else gets peoples blood boiling.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭The Waltzing Consumer

phil1nj wrote: »
    You are 100% correct and most people on here know this. Shame Enda K. didn't flesh out his response in such a manner when he decided to speak about the entire nation in such a way as he did during the debate in Switzerland.

Why should an adult have to flesh out a response that any intelligent person should be able to understand? :confused:

Comment: "Irish people like to drink"
    Normal intelligent response: "Ha, a large amount of the population do enjoy to drink alcohol, it is a pretty accurate statement, I don't need to nitpick this statement because I understand the tone and context of it"
    Daily Mail response "So every single person in Ireland drinks, is that what he is saying? What a horrible person, I know this guy, and his wife's sister's brother does not drink, what about him? This is a disgrace, how dare he paint Irish people like this? Rabble rabble rabble, I am offended!!!!"

phil1nj wrote: »

Why should an adult have to flesh out a response that any intelligent person should be able to understand? :confused:

Comment: "Irish people like to drink"
    Normal intelligent response: "Ha, a large amount of the population do enjoy to drink alcohol, it is a pretty accurate statement, I don't need to nitpick this statement because I understand the tone and context of it"
    Daily Mail response "So every single person in Ireland drinks, is that what he is saying? What a horrible person, I know this guy, and his wife's sister's brother does not drink, what about him? This is a disgrace, how dare he paint Irish people like this? Rabble rabble rabble, I am offended!!!!"

No idea why you refer to a Daily Mail reference, since I don't read tabloids.

The difference between your example and Kenny is that Kenny is currently charging us all for the drinks bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭AudreyHepburn

Ok everyone I think it's time to take a deep breath.....and....relax!!

How about instead of going out of our way to be outraged and reading things into Enda Kenny's comments that are not there we focus on what he really said.

First of all he did not at any point say EVERY person in Ireland borrowed beyond their means, just that PEOPLE did so and in that, whether we like it or not, he is quite correct. A school child could tell that.

Second I fully accept that bankers and developers behaved recklessly but no-one was forced to accept that huge mortgage loan to by those two extra properties. There has to be a certain amount of personal accountability here.

I have said it before but I will say it again.....nothing is ever going to change until those who borrowed and spent recklessly admit it and accept the consequences of their actions.

We whinge on and on about bankers, developers, politicians not being held culpable but owning up to mistakes applies across the board and the sooner the serial moaners accept this the better.

Please quit the mad overracting to Enda Kenny's comments and just accept that for the first time in a very long a politician in Ireland has spoken the truth.

EK is not responsible for this crisis....lets lay the blame where it belongs.

Liam Byrne wrote: »

The difference between your example and Kenny is that Kenny is currently charging us all for the drinks bill.

Yes that is the way it is at the moment, there is no better alternative, until there is, that's the way it will be.

We had a perfect chance to reduce a "bill" with the recent referendum which would have gotten rid of the years-old, tens of millions costing tribunals, but guess what? The Irish people said no, so, grudgingly, I accept that Irish people are not exactly the most sane bunch in the world and whilst we moan about politicians spending and taxes and cuts, they offered a cost saving measure which would have saved millions, and the Irish people preferred to give in to delusional paranoia and voted no for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

Ok everyone I think it's time to take a deep breath.....and....relax!!

How about instead of going out of our way to be outraged and reading things into Enda Kenny's comments that are not there we focus on what he really said.

First of all he did not at any point say EVERY person in Ireland borrowed beyond their means, just that PEOPLE did so and in that, whether we like it or not, he is quite correct. A school child could tell that.

Second I fully accept that bankers and developers behaved recklessly but no-one was forced to accept that huge mortgage loan to by those two extra properties. There has to be a certain amount of personal accountability here.

I have said it before but I will say it again.....nothing is ever going to change until those who borrowed and spent recklessly admit it and accept the consequences of their actions.

We whinge on and on about bankers, developers, politicians not being held culpable but owning up to mistakes applies across the board and the sooner the serial moaners accept this the better.

Please quit the mad overracting to Enda Kenny's comments and just accept that for the first time in a very long a politician in Ireland has spoken the truth.

EK is not responsible for this crisis....lets lay the blame where it belongs.

http://www.bebo.com/Profile.jsp?MemberId=4104760439&ShowSims=Y

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

• Advertisement

SafeSurfer wrote: »

Grow up :rolleyes:

It's being a fangirl, it's called being realistic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

Grow up :rolleyes:

I think far from being realistic your talking trite nonsense.

"I have said it before but I will say it again.....nothing is ever going to change until those who borrowed and spent recklessly admit it and accept the consequences of their actions."

OK Audrey so what exactly will change when those who borrowed and spent recklessly admit it and accept the consequences of their actions?

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Interesting slip.

Yes that is the way it is at the moment, there is no better alternative, until there is, that's the way it will be.

We had a perfect chance to reduce a "bill" with the recent referendum which would have gotten rid of the years-old, tens of millions costing tribunals, but guess what? The Irish people said no, so, grudgingly, I accept that Irish people are not exactly the most sane bunch in the world and whilst we moan about politicians spending and taxes and cuts, they offered a cost saving measure which would have saved millions, and the Irish people preferred to give in to delusional paranoia and voted no for it.

Well then Kenny should come up with an alternative.

As for the tribunal vote, why should we allow politicians to investigate themselves, given their track record of supporting Ahern, O'Donoghue, O'Dea, Callely, etc ?

How could we trust idiots who think us footing the bill is "just" ?

Whatever slim chance we have of justice at the moment, it would be completely nil if that referendum had been passed.

Well then Kenny should come up with an alternative.

As for the tribunal vote, why should we allow politicians to investigate themselves, given their track record of supporting Ahern, O'Donoghue, O'Dea, Callely, etc ?

How could we trust idiots who think us footing the bill is "just" ?

Whatever slim chance we have of justice at the moment, it would be completely nil if that referendum had been passed.

If it was that easy Liam, there would no recession anywhere in the world. Our economies are so intertwined, any motion here has an effect elsewhere and vice versa.

So you want Enda to come up with an answer and solve all our economic woes yet you don't trust him or the government to perform investigations, such as the very successful DIRT inquiry which cost a tiny tiny amount of what tribunals cost?

How odd? Solve the worlds' economic problems yet don't hold an inquiry, weird.

So you were against the referendum, well to be honest, in my opinion, you have zero right to complain about us footing any bill, there was a perfect chance for the taxpayer to lessen the ridiculous bills we pay for lawyers on decades of pointless investigations and you said no.

It reminds me of people moaning about the Government and regulators not taking action against reckless financial institutions and then when they did take action against the Quinn company, people were moaning that they were going to destroy jobs.

With some people, moaning is the reason and the be all and end all.

If it was that easy Liam, there would no recession anywhere in the world. Our economies are so intertwined, any motion here has an effect elsewhere and vice versa.

So you want Enda to come up with an answer and solve all our economic woes yet you don't trust him or the government to perform investigations, such as the very successful DIRT inquiry which cost a tiny tiny amount of what tribunals cost?

No - I don't trust someone no breaks their own pay cap, and anyone who does is being ridiculous.
    So you were against the referendum, well to be honest, in my opinion, you have zero right to complain about us footing any bill, there was a perfect chance for the taxpayer to lessen the ridiculous bills we pay for lawyers on decades of pointless investigations and you said no.

Your opinion is flawed. When TDs were asked to weed out corruption and dodgy expenses they voted in favour of those involved. We need an independent third party.
    It reminds me of people moaning about the Government and regulators not taking action against reckless financial institutions and then when they did take action against the Quinn company, people were moaning that they were going to destroy jobs.

With some people, moaning is the reason and the be all and end all.

Nice try, but that's YOUR contrived and biased reminder, not mine. And it's false, because I'm on record as supporting action against Quinn, therefore I couldn't remind you of that if you were being honest and fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭phil1nj

Because the same adult and head of state addressed the nation last December and told us the we were not responsible for this crisis (despite this not actually being the case either, some people were very much directly responsible for it). Kenny's comments in December were greeted by me with a slight chuckle and much bemusement when I heard his address. I never once thought that I personally was responsible for the crisis, yet he felt the need to assure us (like a caring parent might) of this fact. Then he turns around and plays the best-boy in front of his peers and says the exact opposite. Hence my confusion.:confused:

I really should brush up on my double speak if I want to better understand Mr. Kenny's future comments :P.

No - I don't trust someone no breaks their own pay cap, and anyone who does is being ridiculous.
    Well that just sounds like a cop-out to be honest. There will always be conditions, amendments and such when trying to bring in any legislation to reduce costs or any matter. The main point is the Government put a referendum to the people, supported by nearly all parties, the only ones against were lawyers (wow, what a surprise) and fringe groups. And people said no! Bizarre. If the Government suggest any legislation for anything, are you against simply because of breaking pay caps? Great logic there.

Your opinion is flawed. When TDs were asked to weed out corruption and dodgy expenses they voted in favour of those involved. We need an independent third party.
    Right another group to pay massive bills too. What was wrong with the way the DIRT inquiry happened? Point out everything that was wrong with that please? This was the model they were going to follow so what's wrong?

Nice try, but that's YOUR contrived and biased reminder, not mine. And it's false, because I'm on record as supporting action against Quinn, therefore I couldn't remind you of that if you were being honest and fair.

Fine, you were supporting the action. The point stands, you yourself admit you were against the referendum not based on the referendum but because they broke their own pay caps, a seperate issue, so how is that fair or honest? It is a red herring.

You seem to think very little of the present Government and don't trust them to hold inquiries which nearly all western Governments can do, yet you seem t bizarrely think they can come up with a perfect solution to an economic issue which is global?

Fine, you were supporting the action. The point stands, you yourself admit you were against the referendum not based on the referendum but because they broke their own pay caps, a seperate issue, so how is that fair or honest? It is a red herring.

How is it a "separate issue" when they have proven that they have no interest in justice or fairness ?

• Advertisement

SafeSurfer wrote: »
    I think far from being realistic your talking trite nonsense.

"I have said it before but I will say it again.....nothing is ever going to change until those who borrowed and spent recklessly admit it and accept the consequences of their actions."

OK Audrey so what exactly will change when those who borrowed and spent recklessly admit it and accept the consequences of their actions?

It's not trite at all to understand that EK was right.

If people would stop whinging for the sake of it and understand that the various measures being implemented are necessary to get us out the recession, which some of helped happen, then things might actually get better.

Nothing will change as long as we throw hissy fits over every step EK & Co try to bring to help the country.

mikom wrote: »
    Interesting slip.

And that's all it was....a slip.

How is it a "separate issue" when they have proven that they have no interest in justice or fairness ?

Because it is not all connected like that. This is how the republicans in America act, even if legislation is good, they will oppose it just because of how they perceive Obama.

Since you did not address any of my other questions, I take it the debate is done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,070 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

If people would stop whinging for the sake of it and understand that the various measures being implemented are necessary to get us out the recession, which some of helped happen, then things might actually get better.

Nothing will change as long as we throw hissy fits over every step EK & Co try to bring to help the country.

Instead of the soundbites, Audrey; how about explaining how what has happened over the last few days is "necessary to get us out the recession".

How is Enda Kenny demeaning and belittling the population going to instill confidence in the country or its people? His job is to represent us and our interests, can you imagine any other head of state coming out and lambasting the population? It does no favors for anybody.

And what's your opinion on Varadker ignoring his own party's pay cap and giving one of his advisors a 40% increase in salary? How is that supposed to help us, while they themselves go on about how we are wasting money?

Some of you lot are laughable... 'Don't complain because there is no alternative'

Is it really too much to ask for our elected representatives to be consistent and honest in what they say? Is leading by example out of their agenda altogether?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

If Kenny had talked to the Irish press soon afterwards he could have smoothed it over.
    Instead he chooses to dodge the Irish media making it a much bigger story and also making himself look like a sneaky little hoor in the process.

Instead of the soundbites, Audrey; how about explaining how what has happened over the last few days is "necessary to get us out the recession".

How is Enda Kenny demeaning and belittling the population going to instill confidence in the country or its people? His job is to represent us and our interests, can you imagine any other head of state coming out and lambasting the population? It does no favors for anybody.

And what's your opinion on Varadker ignoring his own party's pay cap and giving one of his advisors a 40% increase in salary? How is that supposed to help us, while they themselves go on about how we are wasting money?

Some of you lot are laughable... 'Don't complain because there is no alternative'

Is it really too much to ask for our elected representatives to be consistent and honest in what they say? Is leading by example out of their agenda altogether?

Ah come on, if you are offended or took EK comment's during week the wrong way, to be fair, that's your problem. I have not met anyone with a bit of sense who did not know what he meant.

As for the pay caps, yeah it is right to give out about that, no complaints there.

• Advertisement

Lets lose the self righteousness shall we....it doesn't serve anyone and won't make me change thoughts any quicker.

Of course our TDs should be honest.....and with that comment EK was.

The truth hurts as they say.

As for pay caps and Varadkar's assistant....complain til your blue in the face, I'll support you there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

Actually, it is - because he wasn't. It's been pointed out numerous times in this thread why.

People are entitled to 'whinge' as you put it, when you see the State being bankrupted for

a) The bailing out of failed, corrupt, bankrupt business entities both here and abroad.

b) The continued borrowing of E400m per week to keep politicians, Civil; Servants, and Public Sector workers in the style to which they have become accustomed.

Unless you are a member of FG (or is it you there Enda:p?) then that statement is, to put it mildly, ludicrous.

Kenny was shown up for the useless politician that he is - on a world forum. While dragging the country and its citizens into a financial abyss - for the reasons mentioned above.

The normal Irish person or taxpayer had no involvement in any of it.

And as for a 'recession'? This is a man-made (by a select few individuals and banks) catastrophe - not just a recession.

Lets lose the self righteousness shall we....it doesn't serve anyone and won't make me change thoughts any quicker.

As for pay caps and Varadkar's assistant....complain til your blue in the face, I'll support you there.

What, pray tell, is 'the truth?

Honest and brave ? Where are those "burn the bondholders/no more taxes" election promises again ? And since we voted for him based on those, who's wrong ? Him for lying or us for believing someone you view as "brave and honest" ?

If I stated that "politicians are corrupt" then Kenny and yourself would object to the hilt, and rightly so, because some aren't.

Why the double-standards when Kenny lies via a sweeping generalisation ?

The best post on this thread. The Lab/FG Government are proof positive that is the senior Civil Servants who run the country. Not the Government.

Freddie59 wrote: »
    What, pray tell, is 'the truth?

Stop pretending.....you know what I mean.

That some people DID spend well beyond their means.

• Advertisement

ilovesleep wrote: »
    God only knows what they think of us out in Europe now

The worst damage of all. Painted as a nation of financially incompetent gombeens....by an even bigger one.

Actually, it is - because he wasn't. It's been pointed out numerous times in this thread why.
    :D Yep, it is absolute fact that when something is pointed out numerous times in a boards thread, it becomes the truth. Great logic there :pac: Eh, Kenny was right, only the opposition (it's their job anyway) gave out and the over sensitive whingers.

People are entitled to 'whinge' as you put it, when you see the State being bankrupted for

a) The bailing out of failed, corrupt, bankrupt business entities both here and abroad.

b) The continued borrowing of E400m per week to keep politicians, Civil; Servants, and Public Sector workers in the style to which they have become accustomed.
    Better that then Greece as many posters wanted us to follow :rolleyes:
    Unless you are a member of FG (or is it you there Enda:p?) then that statement is, to put it mildly, ludicrous.

Kenny was shown up for the useless politician that he is - on a world forum. While dragging the country and its citizens into a financial abyss - for the reasons mentioned above.

Great contribution there, funny how Adobe did not think the same:
    http://www.rte.ie/news/2012/0127/adobe.html

For a useless politician, he certainly has had a positive impact on the country in the last year. Exports are record levels, tourist numbers up, multinationals investing in Ireland and visits from heads of state.

but hey lets whinge like a spoilt child that everything is not perfect in a second, because that's how it works in real life.

Stop pretending.....you know what I mean.

That some people DID spend well beyond their means.

'Some'. How many, precisely? The entire adult population? As has been pointed out, some 181 people borrowed 61 billion - a private arrangement between two businesses - and we're expected to pay it? FFS it would be funny were it not so ludicrous.

'Some'. How many, precisely? The entire adult population? As has been pointed out, some 181 people borrowed 61 billion - a private arrangement between two businesses - and we're expected to pay it? FFS it would be funny were it not so ludicrous.

I'm not going to bother arguing with you anymore, it isn't worth the effort when deliberatly twist everything and insist on hiding your head in the sand.

You've decided your right and won't see reason it's best to leave it here and agree to disagree.

:D Yep, it is absolute fact that when something is pointed out numerous times in a boards thread, it becomes the truth. Great logic there :pac: Eh, Kenny was right, only the opposition (it's their job anyway) gave out and the over sensitive whingers.

FFS man what planet are you on? Do you listen to the radio/TV or have you even read this thread?
    Better that then Greece as many posters wanted us to follow :rolleyes:

Greece are victims of their own incompetence.:rolleyes: Not the victims of a mugging by two foreign banks.
    Great contribution there, funny how Adobe did not think the same:
    http://www.rte.ie/news/2012/0127/adobe.html

Wow! 94 people employed. That will pay it back in no time at all.:rolleyes:
    For a useless politician, he certainly has had a positive impact on the country in the last year. Exports are record levels, tourist numbers up, multinationals investing in Ireland and visits from heads of state.

'Visits from heads of state' were already arranged.
    but hey lets whinge like a spoilt child that everything is not perfect in a second, because that's how it works in real life.

Yeah. Let's just offer our asses up to those foreign banks and bondholders to which we're paying back UNSECURED loans.

What a politician. He should get an award really. Hard to credit, after all that's happened in this country, that there are people still gullible enough to defend a politician ahead of their country and its citizens.

I'm not going to bother arguing with you anymore, it isn't worth the effort when deliberatly twist everything and insist on hiding your head in the sand.

You've decided your right and won't see reason it's best to leave it here and agree to disagree.

Ah right. So as soon as the facts are pointed out you just throw your hands up and walk away. What 'reason' are you demonstrating here?

Wow! 94 people employed. That will pay it back in no time at all.:rolleyes:

Yeah. Let's just offer our asses up to those foreign banks and bondholders to which we're paying back UNSECURED loans.

What a politician. He should get an award really. Hard to credit, after all that's happened in this country, that there are people still gullible enough to defend a politician ahead of their country and its citizens.

Well, I can see why Audrey got fed up with debating with you, you moan and moan about Enda and the Government, yet a positive investment in the country and you scoff at the amount of potential jobs, great standards there. :rolleyes:

Nothing to do with defending anyone, as has been shown in this thread, zero problem with complaining about salary caps being broken.

Anyway, not getting anywhere with this, misery loves company so you can debate with yourself.

Ah right. So as soon as the facts are pointed out you just throw your hands up and walk away. What 'reason' are you demonstrating here?

What facts? I must have missed them....it's hard to listen to some-one when they have themself on a pedestal.

Seriously get over yourself and stop acting like you know it all.

I'm done debating with you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,651 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

So if EK was honest now, was he honest in his pre-budget speech ? Only one of his speeches can be true.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 121 ✭✭Bababa

Interesting to see Croatia voting to join the "crock of sh1t" that is the EU.
    Irish people are only to blame for this meltdown in so far as they install spineless monkeys into the Dail(repeatedly) and allow them to stay there when they fail in their duties. (unfortunately Irish people don't value themselves highly enough and put up with all sorts of abuses)
    How stupid do the media need to make kenny and co. look before people realise that he and his crew are the same sort of worthless trash as his predecessors.
    If the financial regulator had been doing his job there wouldn't have been money available for MAD people to "borrow".
    Am curios... Does the amount of money the EU gaves us over the years = the amount of money we owe now?
    What about the €400bn euro worth of fish they have taken from our shores since the 70's.
    The EU is like a cult. Is Tom cruise an MEP?

• Advertisement

Bababa wrote: »
    Irish people are only to blame for this meltdown in so far as they install spineless monkeys into the Dail(repeatedly) and allow them to stay there when they fail in their duties.
    How stupid do the media need to make kenny and co. look before people realise that he and his crew are the same sort of worthless trash as his predecessors.
    If the financial regulator had been doing his job there wouldn't have been money available for MAD people to "borrow".
    Am curios... Does the amount of money the EU gaves us over the years = the amount of money we owe now?
    What about the €400bn euro worth of fish they have taken from our shores since the 70's.

:confused: 400bn worth of fish? Where is this figure from?

What facts? I must have missed them....it's hard to listen to some-one when they have themself on a pedestal.

Seriously get over yourself and stop acting like you know it all.

I'm done debating with you.

Like I know it all - by pointing out that:

* The taxpayer is being asked to foot the bill owed to two privately-owned foreign banks by a handful of Irish people?

* That we are continuing to borrow 400m a week to fund the extravagances of the Politicians, CS, and PS?

* That the Irish people as a whole had no input to the causes of this debacle?

* That some people are deluded into thinking all of this is in some way acceptable and that we should not complain?

The capitalist system has a simple rule. You succeed or you fail. Except for banks.

Well, I can see why Audrey got fed up with debating with you, you moan and moan about Enda and the Government, yet a positive investment in the country and you scoff at the amount of potential jobs, great standards there. :rolleyes:

Nothing to do with defending anyone, as has been shown in this thread, zero problem with complaining about salary caps being broken.

Anyway, not getting anywhere with this, misery loves company so you can debate with yourself.

Yourself and Audrey should get a room butty!:D Heads in the sand, lecturing people who point out the obvious, and expecting the rest of us to cough up. Then defending what can only be described as a howler by our Taoiseach at a World Economic Forum.

You go! Great plan. Not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,651 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Irish people are only to blame for this meltdown in so far as they install spineless monkeys into the Dail(repeatedly) and allow them to stay there when they fail in their duties.

Yes and EK is trying to look important in the E.U. and make out like he is an expert when in reality he is as much to blame for the financial meltdown as the FF crooks. EK headed the worst opposition in the history of the state. Not a word out of them at the time but they are all experts now. Disgusting shower.

Like I know it all - by pointing out that:

* The taxpayer is being asked to foot the bill owed to two privately-owned foreign banks by a handful of Irish people?

* That we are continuing to borrow 400m a week to fund the extravagances of the Politicians, CS, and PS?

* That the Irish people as a whole had no input to the causes of this debacle?

* That some people are deluded into thinking all of this is in some way acceptable and that we should not complain?

The capitalist system has a simple rule. You succeed or you fail. Except for banks.

1) True : Give us a better solution then
    2) Opinion - I think our borrowing is spent a little bit more then confined to those three groups
    3) False - You had an election last year, accept it. you also had a referendum last year to stop the hundreds of millions in tribunals, but it was rejected, so not to offend but f**k the Irish people if they moan about costs then don't accept a perfect chance to reduce a bill
    4) It is not delusion, give us a better viable alternative

Yes and EK is trying to look important in the E.U. and make out like he is an expert when in reality he is as much to blame for the financial meltdown as the FF crooks. EK headed the worst opposition in the history of the state. Not a word out of them at the time but they are all experts now. Disgusting shower.

Bizarre statements, Are you one of those guys at the occupy dame street who think the EU is just a jewish-alien conspiracy trying to poison our water?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 121 ✭✭Bababa

:confused: 400bn worth of fish? Where is this figure from?

Look it up. We have been raped and now they are smearing our own excrement all over us while they laugh!!!...all the way to the BANK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,070 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Well he has a point about the amount of potential jobs being created. One of the main draws of cloud computing is that it's less labor intensive than distributed infrastructures.

Do you really think that Kenny et al are responsible for securing investments such as this anyway? Our all knowing leaders are in the process of rushing through legislation, with little debate on the topic; which will make it a lot more difficult for an industry like that to exist here unfettered by self serving law makers and lobbyists.

Look it up. We have been raped and now they are smearing our own excrement all over us while they laugh!!!...all the way to the BANK.

Lovely image.

Well be a friend and give us a link. You got the number from somewhere.

• Advertisement

1) True : Give us a better solution then
    2) Opinion - I think our borrowing is spent a little bit more then confined to those three groups
    3) False - You had an election last year, accept it. you also had a referendum last year to stop the hundreds of millions in tribunals, but it was rejected, so not to offend but f**k the Irish people if they moan about costs then don't accept a perfect chance to reduce a bill
    4) It is not delusion, give us a better viable alternative

Solution? The money is not owed by the Irish people. How many times does this have to be explained???? We can default. And then go around in circles borrowing 'to keep the country going' as they put it....from the very same people.

"**** the Irish people". Wow! Great outlook.:rolleyes: Are you really that much of an Enda fanboy that you put him before the country? Seriously?

It is completely delusional. Ireland does not owe this money. Individual banks do. They bet on a horse called the property market - and it lost. Get over it.

Advertisement