Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Did Enda Kenny blame the Irish people for the crisis?

1234568»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

Ah lads, scraping the barrel here. If you are a child, then yes, you can take this attitude of "he told me it was not my fault" but seriously, you are speaking to adults here. You want something to give out about, end of, and this is the best you can come up with? Let it go Liam, it just looks silly.

Actually Liam, you're spot on. WC (apt username:D) is in the - gasp -minority here. Mainly because what he espouses is completely and utterly out of touch with the situation at hand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Ah lads, scraping the barrel here. If you are a child, then yes, you can take this attitude of "he told me it was not my fault" but seriously, you are speaking to adults here. You want something to give out about, end of, and this is the best you can come up with? Let it go Liam, it just looks silly.

So on which occasion do you think he was telling the truth then ?
    If it was in Davros then why have a special t.v. programme set up just to talk s**** ?
    If it was on his t.v. pre budget appearance then why lie to the Europeans ?

Either way he must be a liar and liars cannot be trusted in any walk of life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    He didn't say "some" either.

Mind you, he had already told ALL TV watchers "you are not to blame", so unless he was being a two-faced prat at the time, he obviously reckons that Ahern, Fitzpatrick, Quinn, Drumm and his own overpaid advisors don't watch Irish TV.

Why "if you are a child" ? This patronising bull**** attitude is really really tiresome, as is your constant set of excuses for insulting and u-turning FG stances.

I don't "want something to give out about", and I'd MUCH prefer if Leo & Enda spent their time doing what they promised instead of uttering insulting and racist comments.

And as for them "telling me it wasn't my fault", they were right ( it was the fault of lying and corrupt toerags like themselves who break their own pay rules) given their nosedive into lying bull****ters I'm quite happy that they are now blaming me, because they are being consistent in their lies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭googsy

Interesting overview of the "crisis" by David McWilliams... worth a look

• Registered Users Posts: 6 fun tree is cooked

I just watched Mr Kenny on on the RTE news this evening and he was in some kind of choreographed "Brokeback" grapple with the little napoleonoc Sarkozy ..sickening considering we have borrowed 1.25 Billion form these guys just to pay back these guys ??? WHAT'S THAT ALL ABOUT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

I just watched Mr Kenny on on the RTE news this evening and he was in some kind of choreographed "Brokeback" grapple with the little napoleonoc Sarkozy ..sickening considering we have borrowed 1.25 Billion form these guys just to pay back these guys ??? WHAT'S THAT ALL ABOUT

Enda getting patted on the back of the head while he hangs on for dear life out of shot.

http://imgur.com/Js1iu

Like something you would do to a child or a puppy, not someone who is your equal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

mikom wrote: »
    Enda getting patted on the back of the head while he hangs on for dear life out of shot.

Like something you would do to a child or a puppy, not someone who is your equal.

Lapdog ?

Lapdog ?

Good puppy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

I blame micheal fffassssbender

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Sindri

Very true. We can't forget that he was speaking to the world media and a lot of people in other countries wouldn't be clued in on our situation.

That will be the quote that they will remember whenever they think about our recession. That all the Irish people went mad with greed and stupidity and brought it all on ourselves, and their own leader said it, so it must be true.

I don't care if Enda blamed me, as it simply isn't true, end of. But this above is an important point as it casts a negative light on Irish people and Ireland and may have been detrimental towards attracting foreign investment.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭one foot in the grave

Yes, thought the same myself. Cringeworthy.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

With our government and politicians it's definitely a good thing to scrape the barrel and dust out the corners. FF were let away with far too much because of your kind of attitude. FG will do the same if they are let.

It gets worse.....

http://www.independent.ie/multimedia/dynamic/01010/sarkozy-kenny-i_1010459t.jpg

Good boy....... do you want din-dins?

You won't see that being done to Cameron

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭mconigol

It gets worse.....

http://www.independent.ie/multimedia/dynamic/01010/sarkozy-kenny-i_1010459t.jpg

Good boy....... do you want din-dins?

You won't see that being done to Cameron

Familiarity breeds contempt...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Vidileaks

Enda Kenny's proposes rejoining the UK in this RTE film!
    http://www.rte.ie/drama/featured/storyland/videoleaks.html

• Advertisement

Vidileaks wrote: »
    Enda Kenny's proposes rejoining the UK in this RTE film!

Spam in the works.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 680 ✭✭✭sanbrafyffe

i heard that the interview he gave and the interview we heard were different.the media cut some of his words out to make it sound like he blamed the irish people.the media are scum..everyone go listen to the real interview before casting your comments

thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Anyone wrote: »
    Did Enda Kenny blame the Irish people for the crisis?

I think Enda blamed Irish people for the crisis, and not 'the' Irish people.

Subtle, but important difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭AudreyHepburn

Exactly, some people did live like that. But the majority of normal Irish people didn't.
    Anyone who says that the entire Irish public carried on like that for years, either has a personal agenda or they are swallowing the spin from our incompetent politicians.

I can't believe this thread is still going!

Not one person, EK included, has said ALL Irish people lived beyond their means, just that people did and whether you like it or not it's true.

I work in Insurance claims and half the claims I get are for peoples sencond or third properties. Or they have one property that is insured to scandalously high amounts.

Lets stop hiding our heads in the sand, it's going to get us out of this recession any faster.

coolbeans wrote: »
    Freddie59 wrote: »

Actually, it is - because he wasn't. It's been pointed out numerous times in this thread why.

[QUOTE=AudreyHepburn;
    The normal Irish person or taxpayer had no involvement in any of it.[/

Take your head out of the sand. A largw part of the reason the banks needed such recapitalising is that a huge number of Irish peoe willingly participated and abetted in the irresponsible lending of the banks. You cant have an ireresponsible lender without an equally irresponsible borrower i.e. A huge number of the Irish working population. Oh wait, maybe these people sharw no responsibility cos they were forced to borrow huge amounts. They were forced to do nothing. If you can't see how their bad debts are connected to the cutbacks we now experience you eithrr misunderstand the system thst broke the exchequer or have a bad case of frankly immature denial

I didn't say the above. If you want criticise what I say at least be good enough to quote me correctly.

• Advertisement

I work in Insurance claims and half the claims I get are for peoples sencond or third properties. Or they have one property that is insured to scandalously high amounts.

Thought you were unemployed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭lividduck

Yes unemployed and living with her parents wasn't it?
    well spotted Mikom.

Um no.....I got a job last August.

Why is that even relevent?

lividduck wrote: »
    Yes unemployed and living with her parents wasn't it?
    well spotted Mikom.

I have job now.

Again, where's the relevence here?

Um no.....I got a job last August.

Why is that even relevent?

6 months!
    Time to be gettin' out there girl and renting or buying so that you can help Enda with the ould property tax.

6 months!
    Time to be gettin' out there girl and renting or buying so that you can help Enda with the ould property tax.

I'll ask you again why is this relevent?

I'll ask you again why is this relevent?

It's relevant because your viewpoint is coming from a cosseted situation.

A person struggling to pay a mortgage, household charge, ESB, Tv licence, house insurance, water rates, bin charges etc. does not take very kindly to being told they are to blame for the poor state of the country's economy.

Someone like you AudreyHepburn who lives with your parents whilst working in Insurance does not have a mortgage, household charge, ESB, Tv licence, house insurance, water rates, bin charges weighing down on you, so you can easily give these gimps in charge an easy ride.

Advertisement