Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

James' hospital - picking up a patient

Options
  • 26-01-2012 8:22pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,219 CMod ✭✭✭✭

I have a friend who is having a procedure under general anaesthetic tomorrow in James' hospital. I have to pick him up afterwards as they don't allow patients go home on their own after one.

Is it possible to drive in the James' St. gate and wait somewhere for a few minutes til I get him out, or is it necessary to park up somewhere?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

I think you have to drive through a barrier, and then it's possible to drive up to the set-down area. Might be wrong though, as I have never been in the right state of mind any time I've been up around there. Hope they're okay.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,422 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

you can yurn in left after the old main entrance and around to the new main entrance. theres a set down area before you hit the taxi rank.

Only problem is, you may not be able to leave the car there and walk up to the ward to pick up your mate.

best option would be to park in the underground, collect mate, pay for parking (one hour is €2.40 IIRC) and then get the lift straight down to the basement to the car.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,219 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

OK, thanks very much for your help.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

If your friend can make it to the front door and meet you there it would overall be a shorter journey for them. Security will allow you to pick up people,they won't allow you hang around for long.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

parking is free if you're less than 10 minutes there too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,432 ✭✭✭✭Victor

kceire wrote: »
    you can yurn in left after the old main entrance and around to the new main entrance.
    By this, they mean that you have to use the entrance on James's Street, not the one on South Circular Road.

Advertisement