Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

problems with eircom broadband tonight??

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

If the problems only occur in the evenings, it would usually suggest a problem with congestion at the exchange itself. If it's fine after midnight or especially in the mornings then getting onto eircom about this is your main option, along with changing ISP.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Rob!

Having the same problem myself since last night. Ping and upload speeds are normal for me but downloads very poor - like 0.4mbps.

It kind of improved around 1am but it's gone rubbish again this afternoon. Youtube, Spotify etc. are just non-functional right now.

Really wish eircom just tweeted about issues like this so Im not left pondering and wandering around boards to see if it's my problem or there's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Moved to eircom forum to see if there is a core network issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

Rob! wrote: »
    Having the same problem myself since last night. Ping and upload speeds are normal for me but downloads very poor - like 0.4mbps.

It kind of improved around 1am but it's gone rubbish again this afternoon. Youtube, Spotify etc. are just non-functional right now.

Really wish eircom just tweeted about issues like this so Im not left pondering and wandering around boards to see if it's my problem or there's.

Hi Rob!

Thanks for your post.

If you PM your home phone number I will take a look at the Authentication servers to see if your disconnecting over our network.

I'm out of the office until Wednesday, though if you need to check this quickly please call into Technical Support direct :

Broadband Technical Support : 1890 260260 (locall); Hours : 08:00 - 22:00 (7 days).

Please retain your case id /reference from Technical Support, as this will speed up your call and help if you need to follow this up. Alternatively, let me know your case id and I will follow this up with Technical Support.

Best wishes,
    Ant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

Thanks for your post.

Please PM your home phone number I will take a look at your broadband connection and advise you afterwards.

I will be out of the office until Wednesday, though if you need to check this quickly please call into Technical Support direct :

Broadband Technical Support : 1890 260260 (locall); Hours : 08:00 - 22:00 (7 days).

Please retain your case id /reference from Technical Support, as this will speed up your call and help if you need to follow this up. Alternatively, let me know your case id and I will follow this up with Technical Support.

Best wishes,
    Ant

LH2011 wrote: »
    http://www.speedtest.net/result/1732593960.png
    high pings, router stats look fine, internet very slow...

1732593960.png

any issues with eircom broadband tonight?
    normally get 4.5mb down,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭del85

Rob! wrote: »

I have been having the exact same problem lately. Once it hits dinner time, my internet speeds are almost back to the days of dialup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

del85 wrote: »
    I have been having the exact same problem lately. Once it hits dinner time, my internet speeds are almost back to the days of dialup.

Hi,

I PM you back.

Thanks, Mark

Advertisement