Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

knorr special recipe soup

Options
  • 26-01-2012 9:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭

I got this today-says it serves 2

but there only seems to be 1 bowl of soup in it

whats that all about?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Eviledna

Perhaps your bowl is too big? Or perhaps it's twice too small.

Depends if you are souptimist or not.

*I'll get me coat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

Eviledna wrote: »
    Perhaps your bowl is too big? Or perhaps it's twice too small.

Depends if you are souptimist or not.

*I'll get me coat

I dunno maybe im just greedy

• Registered Users Posts: 39,416 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

How big is the tin, are you sure its not concentrate.

Mellor wrote: »
    How big is the tin, are you sure its not concentrate.

its a sachet

not concentrate

maybe its just a big bowl

• Registered Users Posts: 22,778 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

How much water does it say to add?

• Advertisement

none

• Registered Users Posts: 39,416 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

M cebee wrote: »
    none
    Jesus, you're being kinda awkward.
    When I asked the size of the can, and then above for the amount of water added.
    Obviously we were looking for the size of the product, prepared.
    Could you not just tell us

570ml I think

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

Indeed , they are 570Ml

They are on ' special offer ' at Tesco's at 2 euro a pop.

I agree with OP , I find that one pkt = 1 large bowl.

They are rather yummy TBH

Davidth88 wrote: »
    Indeed , they are 570Ml

They are on ' special offer ' at Tesco's at 2 euro a pop.

I agree with OP , I find that one pkt = 1 large bowl.

They are rather yummy TBH

thanks

they were 1.35 in svalu

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭livinsane

I'd say most people would eat almost double the portion sizes that manufacturers specify. Another good example is breakfast cereals like Special K who give nutritional specs for 30g portions with 125ml of semi skimmed milk. Sure that's no breakfast!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,778 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Get a friend & two small bowls. Problem solved!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

livinsane wrote: »
    I'd say most people would eat almost double the portion sizes that manufacturers specify. Another good example is breakfast cereals like Special K who give nutritional specs for 30g portions with 125ml of semi skimmed milk. Sure that's no breakfast!

No, it is a breakfast, and a proper portion... portion control as part of a proper, balanced diet is key to keeping your weight, and well being, healthy.

OP, just be aware that if you do eat the whole pouch of soup, you're eating twice the calories you should be for a portion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭huskerdu

January wrote: »
    No, it is a breakfast, and a proper portion... portion control as part of a proper, balanced diet is key to keeping your weight, and well being, healthy.

OP, just be aware that if you do eat the whole pouch of soup, you're eating twice the calories you should be for a portion.

The portion that Knorr decided is the correct portion of soup. Who made Knorr the arbiter of food portion sizes ?

You also have no idea of the weight, height, BMI of the OP or the amount of physical activity that they take, so you cannot decide what a "correct" portion of soup is.

As Knorr, and you, do not know what else the OP ate at that meal, or for the rest of the day, you have no idea if the OP over-ate or not.

I have bought that soup and if you divide the prepared soup into two bowls, they are very very small bowls of soup.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭livinsane

January wrote: »

If you are active, 30g of a cereal like Special K won't take you far.

Manufacturers use portion sizes to make their food sound healthier calorie wise. It's like those ridiculous weight watchers products. They make the portions smaller so the calorie count is lower. But if you compare it to other brands on the market, you'll find that the nutritional specs are almost identical. Healthiest, fittest people I know eat good sized portions of healthy food rather than small portions of processed "weight loss" food.

I'd rather eat two portions of soup without bread than one portion with.

Advertisement