Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

remington model 1100

Options
  • 26-01-2012 10:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

i v just got a remington model 1100 s/a shotgun. my problem is it has a 30inch barrel with a fixed full choke. a great fox or duck gun but a little hard hitting for pheasant and woodcock. i d like to get a 2nd barrel 24 or 26 inch multi choke. if any one has one or knows where i might get one that would be great.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,026 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Let me know if you find one Fox.I'm in the market for one myself.;)
    OR if anyone knows a gunsmith who can backbore and install a remchoke system I'd be obliged.
    One highly recommended shotgun gunsmith here on boards,freaked when I offered this relatively simple gunsmith job to him and wanted an outrageous price to do it as well!!!:(:rolleyes:

Despite the remmy 1100 being very common,there dont seem to be many spare barrells for them floating around in Ireland.Oddly Ebay seems to have relaxed its firearms policy abit and is allowing more bits to be sold than before and there are a good few 1100 barrels on there.
    However even second hand they are fetching in or around the 150/250 usd mark Rem choke new is almost 300 usd.:eek:
    So God alone knows how much you would be ripped off for over here.:mad:

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 2,703 ✭✭✭deerhunter1

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    Let me know if you find one Fox.I'm in the market for one myself.;)
    OR if anyone knows a gunsmith who can backbore and install a remchoke system I'd be obliged.
    One highly recommended shotgun gunsmith here on boards,freaked when I offered this relatively simple gunsmith job to him and wanted an outrageous price to do it as well!!!:(:rolleyes:

Despite the remmy 1100 being very common,there dont seem to be many spare barrells for them floating around in Ireland.Oddly Ebay seems to have relaxed its firearms policy abit and is allowing more bits to be sold than before and there are a good few 1100 barrels on there.
    However even second hand they are fetching in or around the 150/250 usd mark Rem choke new is almost 300 usd.:eek:
    So God alone knows how much you would be ripped off for over here.:mad:

the best sem-auto ever made along with the browning A5 had both my biggest regret getting rid of them years ago:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 fox shooter

thanks grizzey i ll have a look on ebay. i m sure i ll find one by next november. i had it out today and even knocked a couple of woodcock but with the long barrel its a little slow getting on target fast and hard hitting even using 32gram number 10s

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭SLK2005

I have a rem 1100 barrel, 28," vented, front and mid sight, fixed choke if any of you want it. I got it from someone who thought it would fit my gun. It didnt. reasonable offer and its yours. Its just lying around my house and I'll never use it. Pic attached. I'm almost sure its for an 1100, its definetly not for an 1187

• Registered Users Posts: 15,026 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

PM sent.:)

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭SLK2005

returned

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 fox shooter

thanks but i m looking for a barrel no more than 26 inch

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭EWQuinn

Been shooting the Rem 1100 for years. Sold my fancy O/U and just shoot 1100s for skeet & pheasant/quail now. Lots of more modern guns avail, but the 1100 is so handy and a natural pointer, a great design that endures. Lots of barrels floating around US where I am. However brief research indicates that US laws and/or IE laws may conspire to prevent shipping of parts. If I can legally be of any help, let me know.

Advertisement