Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skimming walls & Ceiling - when to paint

• 26-01-2012 10:02pm
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Folks
    Will be skimming the plasterboard walls and ceilings this weekend, when is the best time to paint it then?
    Was going to use the sprayer.

Do I water it down?

Thanks very much.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

yop wrote: »
    Folks
    Will be skimming the plasterboard walls and ceilings this weekend, when is the best time to paint it then?
    Was going to use the sprayer.

Do I water it down?

Thanks very much.

Leave the walls to dry for at least 10 days,till they are more of less a very light grey/white colour.Let plenty of fresh air go through the house,try to create a draught through the area that has been plastered.

Dont put on the radiators/heating in the area that has just been plastered.Let the skim/plaster dry of its own accord.

Use white emulsion paint watered down by 20-30% and then paint away.This will prime/seal the fresh plaster.

My girlfriend did this a while ago with Crown brilliant white matt emulsion paint and a roller and extension pole,and it worked an absolute treat.:D

P.S-Sprayer can get very very messy and you can go through a huge amount of paint,if you are not carefull.

Advertisement