Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ICB credit check

Options
  • 26-01-2012 10:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭

I done an ICB credit check and only 1 loan (tiny halifax loan) i have showed up which surprised me as i have loans with BOi and AIB. I am a sole trader so some of the loans would be commercial. Would that make much difference. The loans are investment mortgages and business loans and are all 5 yrs plus old but not finished being paid off. Is this unusual. I was talking to the ICB and they assure me that i done the correct check. I bet if i went into arrears they would appear on my report pretty quick

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

The banks probably didn't put it on the ICB. Same thing happened to a friend of mine a while back. He checked his report and despite having a mortgage and loans it was blank. The bank have to do something for it to show up, if you ring them they should be able to fix it.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 sedric

I would definitely follow that up with the bank, you took a loan and you paid it . For BOI and AIB this should be on ICB record. If it is not then you are at a disadvantage.
    You deserve the recognition , that's one of the uses of ICB.
    I know ICB can often been seen as negative but if you use it prudently you should get the kudos.
    Regular payment of previous loans is a definite advantage when applying for new ones.

Best of luck

• Moderators Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭Spocker

Business loans are not registered with the ICB: http://www.icb.ie/credit_rating.php#q05

[edit]Its actually not 100% clear on that, best to ring the bank I suppose[/edit]

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭dotsman

When you say business loans, are you set up as a limited company?

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭st1979

dotsman wrote: »
    When you say business loans, are you set up as a limited company?

No. Sole trader. I have found out it was quite common in boom years not to bother putting them on icb

• Advertisement
Advertisement