Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tacky things you hate

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

I think it's tacky when people take on innane or recreational tasks under the guise of charity and expect money.

People sellings things, fair enough, you get the product, they get the cash. Good deal. Bands performing a concert, same thing. Basically they perform a service and they hand their rewards to charity. Good on them, happy to help.

But people looking for money for things like that Electric Picnic cycle, bungee jumps and sky dives coming to mind aswell. I'm not paying for you to go a concert or do a f****** skydive! Ill just give the money directly to the charity myself if I'm interested in their cause!

I got an email from a girl I work with looking for 20 euro so she can dive off a platform this weekend. F*** off! That's a recreational activity for you! Why don't I just give the money to them directly and cut you out? pay for your own f****** bungee jump unless your leaving the rope out. Will you give me 20 quid if I drink a few pints later? Yeah, thought not. I'll tell you what though, if you walk into the tiger enclosure at Dublin Zoo on all fours wearing that dress of meat that Lady Gaga wore I'll give you a tenner because I'd enjoy that more than any calendar or gig.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 480 ✭✭genie_us

Young lads who grease the front of their... fringe is the only word I can describe it as... so it looks like greasy spider legs on their forehead. Puke

Fellas who wear skinny jeans.... I just can't see how they think it looks good. Nothing against skinny guys, just the jeans.

Jewellery with 'Mum' 'Sista' etc on them

Facebook status updates along the lines of 'hungover.com' 'OMG.com'

Anything Paul's Boutique... vile stuff. Last week I saw a family (guessing) of a Grandmother, mother and 3 young girls all wearing the exact same black puffy sort of jacket with a bright pink Paul's Boutique on the back.

Lip liner that's a different colour to the lipstick

Oh it's great to be perfect! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

I'm not too fond of Madonna piercings or tramp stamps. One girl I saw before had a huge Nike tick tramp stamp, why would you do that to yourself?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

tacky things i hate:

1. Fake tan - looking like an umpa lumpa is NOT sexy

2. those awful pikey gold/brass earrings those women from clondalkin/tallaght area like to wear

3. Ugg Boots with tracksuits - makes ye look like chavs

4. dogs with clothes - seriously you make the poor thing look ****

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭lucylu

Little Princess / Man United Supporter on Board Stickers on Cars -
    absolute morons

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 33 The Lorax

Curva Sud wrote: »
    Knackers dressed in all white tracksuits

Caught this in Dunnes a few months back, hahaha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

The Lorax wrote: »

dunno which is worse... the creepy skanger in the white tracksuit or the creepy guy taking photos of creepy skangers in white tracksuits

dunno which is worse... the creepy skanger in the white tracksuit or the creepy guy taking photos of creepy skangers in white tracksuits

I take photos of funny things when I see them. Not sure how that's in any way unusual.

Here's another.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Mickey H

I hate the sticky bit that gets left behind after you remove sellotape.

It's really tacky.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

Is that a designer boiler suit?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭Rocky_Dennis

Thread title should be changed to "Knackery things you hate"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 365 ✭✭Bullchomper

PEOPLE SPITTING ON THE GROUND - DRIVES ME INSANE!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭cazzzzz

Hair extensions, Christmas jumpers, Bad fake tan, foundation that is not blended properly, people with white blonde hair that don't look after their roots, bad chat up lines
    rant rant rant

• Registered Users Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭Millicent

Tramp stamps--usually a dolphin or the Chinese for "Chicken Chow Mein--emblazoned on a woman's lower back. I have seen some nice exceptions but 9 times out of ten...

Also, anything Playboy on or owned by little girls. WTF sort of parents do those kids have? It's not cute, it's not funny--it's the symbol for a company, where a legion of topless models have lined up to sleep with a man with the face of a ball sack. It's not appropriate for anyone below the age of majority.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭paddyandy

I have yet to see a shop front without lies on it ...load of them usually .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Millicent wrote: »
    Tramp stamps--usually a dolphin or the Chinese for "Chicken Chow Mein--emblazoned on a woman's lower back. I have seen some nice exceptions but 9 times out of ten...

I kinda with agree with this, you can have a tacky lower back tattoo, you can have a great lower back tattoo. You can have an uber tacky tattoo anywhere on your body really.

Example- The whole of Jodie Marsh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

People who drive around with dublin flags and reindeer antlers on their car.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭wilkie2006

I take photos of funny things when I see them. Not sure how that's in any way unusual.

Here's another.

Hmm, taking photos of the working class to take the pi$$ out of; is that funny or just being a snob?

• Advertisement

Defo agree with this. A few years ago - in a very clever and ironic/smartarse way - I was going to get "I've got a tiny cock" in Thai tattooed across my lower abdomen. In some ways I'm glad I didn't but I still think it's funny.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Jewellery...Bleugh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Mance Rayder

Enda Kenny's promises

wilkie2006 wrote: »
    Defo agree with this. A few years ago - in a very clever and ironic/smartarse way - I was going to get "I've got a tiny cock" in Thai tattooed across my lower abdomen. In some ways I'm glad I didn't but I still think it's funny.

I should say I like tattoos--would probably be covered in them long ago if I could have afforded it. I just hate the lack of imagination shown in a lot of them. If you're going to bother indelibly marking yourself for life, why pick some crappy symbol or animal you have no emotional connection with?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,720 ✭✭✭lefthooker

****in Take Me Out.
    & its walkin talkin gimp presenter, ****in Ray Foley

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

CatFromHue wrote: »
    Jewellery...Bleugh!

All of it? o_O

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

wilkie2006 wrote: »
    probably would have ended up meaning 'I own a minature male hen'....

probably would have ended up meaning 'I own a minature male hen'....

A hen is a female chicken.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

Chicken is the entire species. Although chicken actually meant baby chickens at one time it is know used to refer to the whole. A male chicken is called a rooster and female chicken is called a hen. Poultry is the correct term for chickens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭Rinker

Garden Tack especially Eagles/Lions on piers, swan flowerpots, painted tyres used as flowerpots and above all solar garden lights-nasty

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭Cunning Stunt

buck65 wrote: »
    Operation Transformation picking out 5 half depressed overweight victims and building them up after breaking them down on national TV.
    "I'm fat and cry like a baby"
    "You'll do"
    Exploitation of the worst order.

That just reminded me of another similar tacky show - ''bridalplasty''
    the 'reality' show where brides-to-be live together and compete to win plastic surgeries.
    ''congratulations you've won this weeks challenge - you get to choose one of the surgeries from your wish list'' :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Enda Kenny's promises

Any of the newly appointed minister's and TD's promises

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 211 ✭✭phoenix833

Some of those Tramp Stamps are like magazines in the bathroom. Gives you something to read when you're in the ****ter.

http://mag.rankmytattoos.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/5-myspace-com.jpg
    the bible forbids tattoos
    she has a misplaced apostrophe on her back FOREVER

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭qwerty13

pow wow wrote: »
    ... wedding countdown status updates on facebook 'omg only 244 more sleeps til I marry da luv of my life'.

Oh sweet jebus yes. Tackier than tacky tackville!

bluewolf wrote: »
    http://mag.rankmytattoos.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/5-myspace-com.jpg
    the bible forbids tattoos
    she has a misplaced apostrophe on her back FOREVER

The horror. 0.o You know I'm being in no way facetious when I say that apostrophe
    bothers me more than the tatt. And that's saying something. I wanna follow the owner round with a red marker to cross that off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭juan.kerr

May have been mentioned before but men wearing any jewellery other than non 'bling' type watch or wedding ring.

People playing really loud music from their cars (especially when they've their windows open)
    Stag and hen parties (well, just the loutish, arsehole ones)
    Dull people who venerate vacuous celebrities
    Bad grammar on painted shop signs, like: "Today's special's...", or "childrens menu" (come on, at least two people must've read the fu£king thing before it was put up)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

Little boxes made of ticky-tacky.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,018 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

mud wrote: »
    Little boxes made of ticky-tacky.

They all look just the same.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭paddyandy

Garish primary colours on shop fronts .It is ruining the streets .

• Advertisement
Advertisement