Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should I be worried??Diabetes??

Options
  • 26-01-2012 11:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

Had a blood glucose test today with the Occupational Nurse at work, it was 9.2 which seems to be well above normal levels....I had eaten approx an hour before the test and had a salad, two small slices of brown bread and a banana .....she maintains that the high level may be due to the banana which is high in sugar but wants me to come back again next week for another test after fasting.Should I be worried?I have been reading up on the symptoms of type 2 diabetes and not sure if the power of suggestion is making me feel I have them to a certain degree...

there is no history of diabetes whatsoever in my family....could I be the first?

Comments

I went to the Doctor some months back with a pain in my foot/toe.She suggested it may be gout,and took some bloods.I was not expecting blood to be taken that day,and had just some toast tea for breakfast.When the bloods came back,they were all very high.I wanted second bloods,and was fasting from 8pm the night before.When they came back,everything was within the level they should be.The first time I got the results,the doctor said to me "You must be a very heavy drinker and red meat eater ".I didnt thnk what I had eaten could make a big difference.All the best.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

beckman wrote: »
    Had a blood glucose test today with the Occupational Nurse at work, it was 9.2 which seems to be well above normal levels....I had eaten approx an hour before the test and had a salad, two small slices of brown bread and a banana .....she maintains that the high level may be due to the banana which is high in sugar but wants me to come back again next week for another test after fasting.Should I be worried?I have been reading up on the symptoms of type 2 diabetes and not sure if the power of suggestion is making me feel I have them to a certain degree...

there is no history of diabetes whatsoever in my family....could I be the first?

My daughters diabetic and I've tested my blood sugars on her machine. I've had readings of 9, 2, 3 and 12 bring my highest. I'm not diabetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

...... I've had readings of 9, 2, 3 and 12 bring my highest.......

:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I've recorded as low as 1.8 but as high as 28 (Echinacea did that so I stopped, turns out its not good for us type 1s).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

0lddog wrote: »
    ...... I've had readings of 9, 2, 3 and 12 bring my highest.......

:eek:

Most of my morning blood sugars are 3. Something. Found that out when I had to take my blood sugars for a month as my daughters psychologist thought it would be good for my daughter to see me doing it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement