Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swapping Iphone 4s for a Galaxy S2 and Ipod Touch 4th Gen

Options
  • 26-01-2012 11:17pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 873 ✭✭✭

I got the new iphone 4s in November,I am pretty underwhelmed with it to be honest.
    I mean yeah its a great phone but I just find it a little boring.
    The only thing I really love about it is the SKY GO app and I would hate to lose that if I was to go back to Android.I usually attach the iphone to the big TV and watch sky sports that way
    So I was thinking of selling it on ebay and hope to get €500 or there abouts for it and then I would buy a Galaxy S2 and a ipod Touch 4th Gen,I would be hoping to get both for more or less the same price as I sell the 4s for.
    The reason I would buy the ipod would be for the SKY GO.

Would I be mad to do this? Is the Galaxy a decent phone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,195 ✭✭✭PaulieC

Casey78 wrote: »
    I usually attach the iphone to the big TV and watch sky sports that way

Why not just watch sky sports on the sky box ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 873 ✭✭✭Casey78

That's a good enough point in fairness and one I thought of.
    I'm neither a iPhone or Android fanboy so I don't have a desire to have one over the other. It's just I find the iPhone a little boring and don't really like it. I did have a iPhone 3G a few years ago and loved it do I dunno why I don't really like the 4s.
    There is no real reason I want the the Galaxy i would be happy with a HTC or Nexus or Sony too, it's just when I use the iPhone to connect to tv to watch sky sports on sky go then I can't use the phone! So I was thinking of getting a galaxy or whatever and buying a iPod touch. I could then use the iPod touch for the sky go on the telly and still have a phone to play with while the match is on!
    I don't really store music on my iPhone so I wouldn't really be carrying around two devices as I really only want the iPod for the sky go and still use it for the apps I like from the app store. I suppose I look at it as having the best of both worlds.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 873 ✭✭✭Casey78

Casey78 wrote: »
    I usually attach the iphone to the big TV and watch sky sports that way

Why not just watch sky sports on the sky box ?
    I don't have sky in my house I am using my Dads password from his sky box to get sky go on my phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

perhaps i'm reading too much into the OP's plans but I somehow think the iPod will spend the bulk of it's life sitting beside the TV - all he wants it for is the sky app and tv out

he would then be only carrying the phone with him

• Advertisement
Advertisement