Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommended broadband for Kerry

• 26-01-2012 11:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hey,
    We are living in a rural area of Kerry (not too isolated) between Tralee and Killarney. We currently have our broadband with Eircom...with the fantastic speed of about 0.7mb. I could live with the slow download speeds if it was at least a reliable connection but for the last 9 months the service has been terrible - constantly cutting out. We were advised by Eircom that there was nothing they could do as were "at the end of the line" and more users meant the service was being affected.

I'm not really a techie but if there was someone who could recommend a reliable broadband service for Kerry it would be very much appreciated! I need it for Uni as well as the normal everyday use and at this point I have no hair left to rip out! Mega-fast download speeds are not the priority although faster than 0.7mb should not be difficult. Thank you :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭bealtine

Bottom line is that all the DSL providers will deliver exactly the same service over your phone line, so no point in changing DSL provider.

You could try Kerry Broadband http://www.kerrybroadband.ie and see if thy can provide a better service, only they can answer that particular question

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭bealtine

http://ruralbroadband.ie/internet-coverage/broadband-kerry/

Not very well up on geography of Kerry but are any of these areas near where you live,if so you could try this company?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Angelina70372

Thanks guys - I'll give the Kerry Broadband one a try I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 KBB

Thanks guys - I'll give the Kerry Broadband one a try I think.

Hi Angelina,

What is your location and i can check it for you.

P.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭AWD

Hi folks.

I live in Tralee. I am fed up with Eircom. Midday speed down at .4/.5 meg . Am paying for 3MB. Sick of wasting time on phone calls etc to Eircom mad.gif . Can Kerry Broadband deliver a consistent speed or is it another ....." up to ? MB provided. I guess like a growing number of folk.... I need a decent consistent broadband service to earn a crust. Will give these guys a call anyways... but its always great to hear some first hand experience.

Thanks in advance....smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭AWD

Sorry Kerry broadband didn't see the thumbs down.....and had pushed the button.
    just as well it wasn't a big red one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭rupamede

Kerry Broadband is very hard to get and to contact them as well, I suspect they rather provide to companied and wont stoop down to us mere mortals

• Registered Users Posts: 22 KBB

rupamede wrote: »
    Kerry Broadband is very hard to get and to contact them as well, I suspect they rather provide to companied and wont stoop down to us mere mortals

Hi,

If we can understand your bad spelling correctly, I think you mean that we only provide to Companies. You could not be more wrong as 90% of our clients are domestic.

Just to Clarify

KBB

Advertisement