Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Points required for music courses

Options
  • 27-01-2012 12:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hey, im in 5th yr and am looking to go into a music course in college, ive been looking at some courses but they aren't very clear about points required for these coarses. If anyone can inform me it would be great, thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

A lot of music courses require you to do an audition/entrance exam to be accepted, instead of points. In these cases, you usually just need to pass all of your exams to get in (as well as the audition of course). I think some colleges might require certain grades e.g. 2 passes at higher level and the rest ordinary level etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

Yeah, they're based on auditions and interviews once you pass your Leavin Cert

DIT do a foundation year, and theres some PLC colleges that do foundation years too [Ballyfermot and Kylemore are some]

• Registered Users Posts: 26 edwardmp2

Thanks guys,
    Thats taken away all pressure of exams for me anyway,
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Just don't get too lax about studying and stuff though. College is a lot different from school work-wise, so it's a good idea to make sure and keep on top of things so you're used to it when you get to college :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26 edwardmp2

Just don't get too lax about studying and stuff though. College is a lot different from school work-wise, so it's a good idea to make sure and keep on top of things so you're used to it when you get to college :)

Dont worry, i still keep up with work it's just ive been investing all my time out of school into guitar and music thoery and didn't want to have to take away from that..
    Thanks!

• Advertisement
Advertisement