Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Drain Cleaning

• 27-01-2012 1:12am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭

I have a drain running from the gable end of the house, under the road and across a field down to a small stream. Over the years the land has been let out and the drain has gradually become blocked to the extent that it's almost stagnant for most of the year.
    What are my options?
    A) Clear the whole lot out and lay a pipe running from the road to the stream....
    B) Dig it all up and lay a trench of gravel, aggregate.....
    Any advice would be helpful.
    (Attached picture is drain in question)
    Thanks in advance
    -MickeyShtyles

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,705 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

http://www.pwp.ie/contactus.html

Hi OP these guys in New Ross sold me a 'bullet' that goes on the end of a power hose. Works well for unblocking small 4 inch pipes. I reckon you'd need a digger for the rest of your drain.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭MickeyShtyles

Cheers Blue5000, Have you done this sort of work before? And if so, what sort of system would you put in place?
    This is the section just before the stretch down to the stream...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Bizzum

What size pipe carries the water under the road?

Where does the water come from?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭MickeyShtyles

It runs off the land at the back of the house, down a gulley in the yard and under the road. It's a 4" pipe. There's also standing water that lays in a hollow stretch about 50 yards in length.
    Here's a picture of it.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,705 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

I reckon you might need a silt trap at the bginning of the pipe before it goes under the road. A 200L barrel would work if you had a vac tank to empty it out when it is full. A silt trap would help stop the pipe getting blocked

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Advertisement
Advertisement