Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone need a FREE Dog sitter??

• 27-01-2012 1:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

Hello!

My husband and I are looking to dog sit for a weekend for free! We have a Husky Golden Retriever Mix that is about a year and a half old, but he has severe separation anxiety and we are wanting to get another dog to see if he just lonely and another dog would help. SO basically we want to try it before we buy another one.

We live just off the Monivea road, a few miles from Athenry town. We would be home all weekend with the dog and leave a couple time for very short amounts of time to see how our dog reacts with another one around. OUr dog loves all dogs and gets along with everyone, he is very hyper and playful. I should also mention that we have two cats too.

If you are interested, please let me know! I am looking to do this ASAP.
    Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

From Galway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭seefin

Why not try fostering from madra rescue?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

You should contact EGAR, they are located near Loughrea and offer to foster. Home visit will apply. How is your dog with others?

I have a dog that would love to have your dog to play with but I wouldn't leave my dog with someone I didn't know. Sorry but I prefer to leave her with someone that has insurance, is a trainer and trained in canine first aid.

What would you do if the other dog got injured on your property?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,901 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

We have a Husky Golden Retriever Mix that is about a year and a half old, but he has severe separation anxiety and we are wanting to get another dog to see if he just lonely and another dog would help.

I would be surprised if another dog didn't help. I have three & I would never go back to just one. People will be wary about leaving their dog especially if they perceive it as part of an experiment :D.

Talk to your local rescue but before you do be sure that you are willing & ready to take on another dog. Two are much easier than one. Your dog is at the perfect age. Most rescues will be happy for you to see if your dog gets on with the new dog.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Shazanne

TillyGirl is right.
    You are lucky enough to live near EGAR if you are in Galway. There are some beautiful dogs there who would love to get a chance like this!
    You should check out their Facebook page or simply Google them.
    I promise you won't regret it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 670 ✭✭✭serenacat

I would if I didn't live in dublin!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 476 ✭✭Blueprint

I agree, fostering is the way to go, MADRA, EGAR and the GSPCA are all always looking for people to foster dogs, so would welcome you with open arms!

serenacat wrote: »
    I would if I didn't live in dublin!

EGAR have fosterers all over the country as they operate nationwide. The also rehome all over the country too. The have some really beautiful dogs - big and small - looking for a second chance or a Forever Home at the moment. Including a dote of a puppy called Puddles that I would really love, except my lady wouldn't accept it:rolleyes: Its a beagle/JRT cross and has the cutest little face ever!!!! I just a total softie for a pretty face!!!!!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Just one question- are you and/or your husband Korean?

Banned for 1 week for that comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Alanerin218

Thanks for all of the suggestions and feedback! We have decided to just go ahead and do it! We plan on getting a rescue form GSPCA! Thanks aging for all of the lovely words and advice!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Shazanne we had puddles to stay a few days before going to EGAR and she is adorable. Such a ball of energy, her and Lexi had the best time. :D cute puppy overload!

Shazanne wrote: »
    EGAR have fosterers all over the country as they operate nationwide. The also rehome all over the country too. The have some really beautiful dogs - big and small - looking for a second chance or a Forever Home at the moment. Including a dote of a puppy called Puddles that I would really love, except my lady wouldn't accept it:rolleyes: Its a beagle/JRT cross and has the cutest little face ever!!!! I just a total softie for a pretty face!!!!!

I'm fostering at the moment and am going to keep him! Love him!!

serenacat wrote: »
    I'm fostering at the moment and am going to keep him! Love him!!

Ah, that's brilliant!! I love a happy ending:)
    Who do you have?? EGAR have some real treasures there!

Shazanne wrote: »
    Ah, that's brilliant!! I love a happy ending:)
    Who do you have?? EGAR have some real treasures there!

he wasn't from EGAR. Yes I definitely recommend fostering!

Advertisement