Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

three ireland

Options
  • 27-01-2012 1:34am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 202 ✭✭

hey guys while browsing planet 3 on my 3 mobile i accidently pressed a link to enter a comp to win an iphone 4 s, i then received 2 messages saying type link to enter, instead i sent stop to end it cos i realised it was a subscription based service for 5 euros / week.
    A week passed and i got more messages, so i typed stop and checked my usage online to see id been charged 10 euro for something that happened by accident. even though i thought service was stopped i continued getting messages.
    eventually i went to link: http://www.phonesmart.ie now service is stopped, but all i wanna say is watch out for these con artists like win a phone, free text messages cos you will end up being out of pocket like me:(

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

stephen97 wrote: »
    eventually i went to link: http://www.phonesmart.ie now service is stopped, but all i wanna say is watch out for these con artists like win a phone, free text messages cos you will end up being out of pocket like me:(

Can you make it clear that Phonesmart were not the scammers but Phonesmart told you who the scammer were. Name the real scammers who took your money please.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

i accidently pressed a link to enter a comp to win an iphone 4 s
    but all i wanna say is watch out for these con artists like win a phone, free text messages cos you will end up being out of pocket like me:(

Is the real issue here the fact that you were not paying attention to what you were looking at on your phone, or the fact that it is quite difficult to unsubscribe from a service such as this?

Labeling a company scammers because of your own mistake is pretty incomprehensible.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 202 ✭✭stephen97

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    Is the real issue here the fact that you were not paying attention to what you were looking at on your phone, or the fact that it is quite difficult to unsubscribe from a service such as this?

Labeling a company scammers because of your own mistake is pretty incomprehensible.
    well tom who have i named as scammers, its the ads that appear on the a smartphone when whichever operator you are on have a notice win an iphone and the con artist im talking about is <SNip> common sense, if you actually read my thread you wouldnt ask stupid questions

the con artist im talking about is zamano. common sense, if you actually read my thread you wouldnt ask stupid questions

Ahh, <snip>. Why didn't you simply say so.

Your first post is as clear as muck, try to punctuate next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,220 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

First-Day-on-the-Internet-Kid.jpeg

• Advertisement

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    Ahh, <snip>. Why didn't you simply say so.

Your first post is as clear as muck, try to punctuate next time.
    if you read my post "but all i wanna say is watch out for these con artists like win a phone, free text messages cos you will end up being out of pocket like me" i simply didnt name the coimpany but the message is clear, you guys should have went to specsavers

if you read my post "but all i wanna say is watch out for these con artists like win a phone, free text messages cos you will end up being out of pocket like me" i simply didnt name the coimpany but the message is clear, you guys should have went to specsavers
    sorry company not coimpany :(

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

well tom who have i named as scammers, its the ads that appear on the a smartphone when whichever operator you are on have a notice win an iphone and the con artist im talking about is <snip>. common sense, if you actually read my thread you wouldnt ask stupid questions

If your posts were clear, articulate and used basic punctuation, I wouldn't feel the need to ask "stupid" questions.

Mainly because you didn't ask stupid questions Tom. I see the punctuation situation is improving....not. :(

If your posts were clear, articulate and used basic punctuation, I wouldn't feel the need to ask "stupid" questions.
    WHO DO YOU THINK IM AM?, AN EDUCATED MAN, I THINK NOT, THEREFORE IM AM NOT.
    WHATS WRONG WITH IRELAND? ALL I WANTED WAS TO WARN SOME PEOPLE FROM ACCIDENTALLY PRESSING A LINK AND ALL I GET IS ABUSE!

• Advertisement

HEY SPONGEBOB, YOURE A FINE ONE TO TALK ABOUT PUNCTUATION "Your first post is as clear as muck," IT SHOULD SAY WAS AS CLEAR AS MUCK YOU CLOWN

LEARN THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE BEFORE YOU SLAG ME OFF, YOU BUFFOON

The simple problem is that you wanted to warn people about a scam and yet you didn't really warn people about a scam.

Phonesmart will tell you who the scammers are after you have been scammed but they are not scammers.

Three Ireland and Planet 3 are not the only places where you can be scammed by <snip> either.

Your real complaint may be something to do with the STOP message not working or that you were forced to send a STOP message to a 57xxx number but that is completely lost in your posts above.

Don't enter any more competitions. OK!

AND HOW ABOUT TOM DUNNE, JUDGING FROM ANY OF YOUR PREVIOUS POSTS YOU ARE ABOUT AS ARTICULATE AS AN ABBEY ST LUAS STOP JUNKY BEGGING FOR MONEY FROM PASSERS BY

The simple problem is that you wanted to warn people about a scam and yet you didn't really warn people about a scam.

Phonesmart will tell you who the scammers are after you have been scammed but they are not scammers.

Three Ireland and Planet 3 are not the only places where you can be scammed by <snip> either.

Your real complaint may be something to do with the STOP message not working or that you were forced to send a STOP message to a 57xxx number but that is completely lost in your posts above.

Don't enter any more competitions. OK!
    YOU ARE AN IDIOT, I DID NOT ENTER ANY COMPS, WHAT PART OF YOUR TINY BRAIN CAN ACTUALLY COMPREHEND? WHAT THIS THREAD IS ABOUT, WITH PEOPLE LIKE YOU, ITS EASY TO SEE HOW HUMANS EVOLVED FROM APES...... CLOWN

Stephen, <snip> are nothing but thieving scum but please don't try to sink to their level.

Promise me you won't enter any more online competitions and then we simply won't find ourselves embroiled in these tiresome shouting matches in future. :)

Promise me too that you will tell all your friends about these online premium text based scam competitions and hopefully they will then be safe too.

Stephen, <snip> are nothing but thieving scum but please don't try to sink to their level.

Promise me you won't enter any more online competitions and then we simply won't find ourselves embroiled in these tiresome shouting matches in future. :)

Promise me too that you will tell all your friends about these online premium text based scam competitions and hopefully they will then be safe too.
    YOU REALLY MUST BE LONELY, OR JUST A KLINGON ILL LET YOU DECIDE

i accidently pressed a link to enter a comp to win an iphone 4 s,

What did you do next so??

WELL WHAT I DID NEXT WAS ARGUE WITH A BUFFOON CALLED SPONGEBOB

PANTS BY NAME PANTS BY NATURE

• Advertisement

And then what did you do?

well what i did next was i hacked your account and found out your personal details and lets just say, spongebob was never heard from again, cos he took a little trip to the dublin mountains and disappeared!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭mickgotsick

im presuming that your mother didnt mention what i did next, what a surprise

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Katekat

Wheres the report abuse button when you need one?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Katekat wrote: »
    Wheres the report abuse button when you need one?

Beside the little green button under your avatar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Katekat

whiterebel wrote: »
    Beside the little green button under your avatar.

Thanks!! was staring at it all along! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

stephen97 banned for 7days. If you cant be civil please dont post!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 gypsygriffin

This is a fair assessment. Have had a horrendous experience with 3 taking money for a phone that they did not deliver. Would advise anyone from having any dealings with this company. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

This is a fair assessment. Have had a horrendous experience with 3 taking money for a phone that they did not deliver. Would advise anyone from having any dealings with this company. :mad:

You registered to post this, when the subject matter is not Three at all.:rolleyes: You should submit your complaint to the Talk to Three forum.

Advertisement