Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stop off point

Options
  • 27-01-2012 1:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭

Hi all

Going to be going down the M9 from Dublin towards cork on Saturday morning and im looking for recommendations on somewhere to stop off for a nice spot of breakfast

We will be passing through about 8am for a tank and stomach refill so if anyone can tell me where is close to the motorway and the grub/coffee is top mark i would be very appreciative

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

If you're going from Dublin to Cork and you find yourself on the M9, you've gone wrong. It's the M7 & M8 you need to go. As for somewhere to stop off, Josephines in Urlingford will suit you down to the ground.

Point B is Josephines. http://g.co/maps/ptbx4

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Cheers m8

We are going to youghal which taking the M9 is shorter then going through Portlaoise (I hope :pac:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Toughers on the Castledermott side of Carlow is good for food.They don't have petrol pump's but their is a garage a bit further down the road towards Carlow. Topaz if i'm not mistaken.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

lucyfur09 wrote: »
    Toughers on the Castledermott side of Carlow is good for food.They don't have petrol pump's but their is a garage a bit further down the road towards Carlow. Topaz if i'm not mistaken.

Have to second Toughers for the breakfast, it is a real test as to how good it is when truckers still come off the motorway to stop off there for food!.

They fuel station is actually in the middle of town but you might be better off using the Maxol station on the o'brien road (Link) as that has consistently been one of the cheapest around over the last few weeks. It also has a decent deli counter and a small seating area if that would suffice for food rather than a more formal sit down breakfast like at toughers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

tommycahir wrote: »
    Have to second Toughers for the breakfast, it is a real test as to how good it is when truckers still come off the motorway to stop off there for food!.

They fuel station is actually in the middle of town but you might be better off using the Maxol station on the o'brien road (Link) as that has consistently been one of the cheapest around over the last few weeks. It also has a decent deli counter and a small seating area if that would suffice for food rather than a more formal sit down breakfast like at toughers.

Agree with Toughers but the ridiculous thing is that they dont open till 8.30 during the week and 9 at weekends so they miss all those early morning drivers/pitstops

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Lord Derpington

testicle wrote: »
    If you're going from Dublin to Cork and you find yourself on the M9, you've gone wrong. It's the M7 & M8 you need to go. As for somewhere to stop off, Josephines in Urlingford will suit you down to the ground.

Point B is Josephines. http://g.co/maps/ptbx4

Josephines is closed and has been for about 2 years, the only thing left in that station is the Wimpy and a coffee station in the apple green.

Have to agree with the lads about Castledermot, if your not looking for a sit down and just a decent breakfast roll then the Maxol/Mace here does a good one.
    They also open at 6.30am not sure about the deli though, but last time I was there at about 7.30-8am they were serving.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Josephines is closed and has been for about 2 years, the only thing left in that station is the Wimpy and a coffee station in the apple green.

Feck, shows how long it's been since I've been that way. :(

Advertisement