Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thread of the day

Options
  • 27-01-2012 1:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭

Is their any way to see previous thread's of the day. I know to check post of the day just check what user boards.ie thanked,is their anything similar for the treads.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

The thread of the day is completely random, so there's no way to check AFAIK...

I'll leave it open for a few weeks in case some of the developers have anything more to add, but I don't think it's possible.

Sorry about that! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

Shield got it right - Unlike the previous Posts of the Day (which you can find by searching for all thanked posts by user "Boards.ie") we keep no records about the Thread of the Day except for the ID of the current one.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,634 ✭✭✭✭28064212

Couldn't you just set up a new account called "boards.ie TOTD" and thank the first post of the TOTD? Automating it would be the hard part, but wouldn't it use most of the same codebase as POTD? Although I suppose it's not exactly high priority... :)

On a (slightly) related note, who are the two posters who managed to get banned by the Boards.ie account? That's got to be something of a badge of honour

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Thanks for the reply Shield and Danny.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement