Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MAGNET - joke - BE AWARE OF THe SERVICE

• 27-01-2012 3:42am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭

I would like to share my story with you guys and also show you how this company care about customers. So my story

i have been client of magnet for over an year - paid by direct debit - i have never had issues - then i moved out to Balbriggan - i also wanted to move with Magnet so --->

28.12.2011 - i have contacted the sales agent and i applied for new line on my new address in balbriggan - all went smooth so far. the line was accepted the same day and i made verbal agreement over the phone - also i have been told that at the worse-st scenario it can take up to 10 days to be connected. I said to myself grand - i have to live with it + wait for it.

at the same day i was told that the router will be send to me as well once the service will be activated.

03.01.2012 - i called Eircom just to check out what they can offer me and how its looks like - i mean how long time will take them to "connect me". they said max 24h. so the same day i contacted MAGNET and i have been told there was a misunderstanding and the line could be as well activated in 24h as in the house i am living is already eircom line(inactive at that stage but easyli can be activated). so they will activate it for me as well within 24h. i was almost celebrating!

09.01.2012 - contacted by magnet to confirm the address from Magnet that they will send the router to me imidiately and i can be online. I was getting bit worried but i have been told by the sales manager that my line is already active and all i need is router. And they will call me to let me know - lol they never did!

12.01.2012 - i called Magnet and asked them whats going on - i have been told that it will take a bit more because the new year and some holidays. i said ok - even i was a bit pissed of. Again i was promisedto be contacted by sales representative. - never been contacted!

16.01.2012 - i called MAgnet again and asked again whats going on - i have been told the router has been sent to me and i should have it by 2morrow and the line is active - because i was already asking about cancelation of my order - due to wrong info given to me and it was taking a bit more time then expected! - i recieved one moth free - free of charge - and i have been told that it will work once i will connect the router! i said i dont need one month free - all i need is internet and be online - for work!!

18.01.2012 - i recieved router - but the line is dead - no signal at all. i called the Sales AGEnT once again - who told me it will be active the same day at some stage that will be confirmed by him later that day! he never called mE!!!

19.01.2012 - Still no sign of internet - finally agent called me that today is the day when i will be connected!

20.01.2012 - my line is still inactive and i am getting angry - spending money in Internet coffees and waiting for empty promises isnt my style! - so i called once again - and well i got the same answer - Hi there yes we were working on your issue and i promise - yes he promised to me that my line will work the same day untill around 5pm.

23.01.2012 - as expected my line is still dead - so i am calling again - and this time the sales agent "James" promised me some kind off "cross" call from Higher manager and the activation the same day as eircom is working on the line - hm i said working on it>? i have been told that the line is already active when i mentioned i wanna leave magnet and go with another provider!

but after such a long time i decided to give him ONE MORE SHOT.

24.01.2012 - i recieved a call from the agent saying that 8:51 am eircom has accepted the activation - of the line and they are working on it and i will be connected the same day for sure!!

25.01.2012 - line still dead - i am getting MAD!! So first thing in the morning i am trying to contact the sales agent with hopes he will have some real update for me. - but i was told the same - eircom will activate the line for sure today as the work on my line was accepted by them and they are gonna make it work today! - yes today!!

26.01.2012 - line still dead - again i was told to wait and i was promised some phone call from manager - that never came!! i am pissed oFF and i would like to someone to help me with direction where to call or what to do in order to find whats going on... or whos ass can i kick!! :eek:

My house has phone line installed by Eircom from previous tenant - and all i was listening until now were only lies and sales strategies used against customers like me.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭dolallyoh

Is upc available in Balbriggan ?

http://www.upc.ie/map/

They have a referral scheme for boards users here and no phone line needed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Sorry to have to break the news to you, but they can't even request broadband on your line until it's active, and it can take up to 10 working days for the BB order to be fulfilled.

Are you absolutely sure there's a line installed in the house? If there is then it really shouldn't take more than a day or two to activate it. But if there's not then an engineer needs to call out, which can take while...... a long while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Bikerguy

Sorry to have to break the news to you, but they can't even request broadband on your line until it's active, and it can take up to 10 working days for the BB order to be fulfilled.

Are you absolutely sure there's a line installed in the house? If there is then it really shouldn't take more than a day or two to activate it. But if there's not then an engineer needs to call out, which can take while...... a long while.

1. no UPC available on my street. even its one of the main - Chapel street.

2. yes i do have landline instaled. by Eircom themself. theya are saying that there is a fault somewhere. have u got an idea about the dead line time for technician? Eircom told me thr line is active and they even gave me my phone number when i asked them about service last week but they cant offer me anything untill Magnet finish or complete the deal with me. its honestly very frustrating. i am about to hit someone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭dolallyoh

Did you plug in a phone to see if it works?

BTW I'd ring upc if not already to doublecheck.

Bikerguy wrote: »
    1. no UPC available on my street. even its one of the main - Chapel street.

2. yes i do have landline instaled. by Eircom themself. theya are saying that there is a fault somewhere. have u got an idea about the dead line time for technician? Eircom told me thr line is active and they even gave me my phone number when i asked them about service last week but they cant offer me anything untill Magnet finish or complete the deal with me. its honestly very frustrating. i am about to hit someone.
    If Eircom say it's active but it's dead when you try and use it then yeah there must be a fault somewhere, usually it's 3-5 working days for a tech to come out to have a look. Just make sure it's not an equipment issue, try a different phone/cable etc.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

I would like to share my story with you guys and also show you how this company care about customers. So my story

i have been client of magnet for over an year - paid by direct debit - i have never had issues - then i moved out to Balbriggan - i also wanted to move with Magnet so --->

28.12.2011 - i have contacted the sales agent and i applied for new line on my new address in balbriggan - all went smooth so far. the line was accepted the same day and i made verbal agreement over the phone - also i have been told that at the worse-st scenario it can take up to 10 days to be connected. I said to myself grand - i have to live with it + wait for it.

at the same day i was told that the router will be send to me as well once the service will be activated.

03.01.2012 - i called Eircom just to check out what they can offer me and how its looks like - i mean how long time will take them to "connect me". they said max 24h. so the same day i contacted MAGNET and i have been told there was a misunderstanding and the line could be as well activated in 24h as in the house i am living is already eircom line(inactive at that stage but easyli can be activated). so they will activate it for me as well within 24h. i was almost celebrating!

09.01.2012 - contacted by magnet to confirm the address from Magnet that they will send the router to me imidiately and i can be online. I was getting bit worried but i have been told by the sales manager that my line is already active and all i need is router. And they will call me to let me know - lol they never did!

12.01.2012 - i called Magnet and asked them whats going on - i have been told that it will take a bit more because the new year and some holidays. i said ok - even i was a bit pissed of. Again i was promisedto be contacted by sales representative. - never been contacted!

16.01.2012 - i called MAgnet again and asked again whats going on - i have been told the router has been sent to me and i should have it by 2morrow and the line is active - because i was already asking about cancelation of my order - due to wrong info given to me and it was taking a bit more time then expected! - i recieved one moth free - free of charge - and i have been told that it will work once i will connect the router! i said i dont need one month free - all i need is internet and be online - for work!!

18.01.2012 - i recieved router - but the line is dead - no signal at all. i called the Sales AGEnT once again - who told me it will be active the same day at some stage that will be confirmed by him later that day! he never called mE!!!

19.01.2012 - Still no sign of internet - finally agent called me that today is the day when i will be connected!

20.01.2012 - my line is still inactive and i am getting angry - spending money in Internet coffees and waiting for empty promises isnt my style! - so i called once again - and well i got the same answer - Hi there yes we were working on your issue and i promise - yes he promised to me that my line will work the same day untill around 5pm.

23.01.2012 - as expected my line is still dead - so i am calling again - and this time the sales agent "James" promised me some kind off "cross" call from Higher manager and the activation the same day as eircom is working on the line - hm i said working on it>? i have been told that the line is already active when i mentioned i wanna leave magnet and go with another provider!

but after such a long time i decided to give him ONE MORE SHOT.

24.01.2012 - i recieved a call from the agent saying that 8:51 am eircom has accepted the activation - of the line and they are working on it and i will be connected the same day for sure!!

25.01.2012 - line still dead - i am getting MAD!! So first thing in the morning i am trying to contact the sales agent with hopes he will have some real update for me. - but i was told the same - eircom will activate the line for sure today as the work on my line was accepted by them and they are gonna make it work today! - yes today!!

26.01.2012 - line still dead - again i was told to wait and i was promised some phone call from manager - that never came!! i am pissed oFF and i would like to someone to help me with direction where to call or what to do in order to find whats going on... or whos ass can i kick!! :eek:

My house has phone line installed by Eircom from previous tenant - and all i was listening until now were only lies and sales strategies used against customers like me.

i have the same issue too line is dead waiting over a month for it to be fixed. Magnet seriously need to sort out eircom not doing repair jobs to lines with in a reasonable time frame.

UPC is is wifi range (i scan detect other upc routers) but they wont run a cable 100 metres down the alley at the back of my place to connect my flat to their system (ive repeatedly asked them) so that rules out UPC.

POWER OF BOARDS!!!

Guess what i have been contacted by manager! first time since 28.12.2011 and i got a word that there will be serious update or maybe fix taking place on monday. so finger crossed!
    because they saw my topic and i have send my details to RoRy

just about the issue UPC cant provide me them service on my street only option for me is eircom or magnet.

and i have been already told that there is waiting time 10 days. but its been over one month!!! so i could probably dig the ground and place a new cable all the way from Dublin meanwhile.

so guys i will keep you updated.

Ed

i have the same issue too line is dead waiting over a month for it to be fixed. Magnet seriously need to sort out eircom not doing repair jobs to lines with in a reasonable time frame.

UPC is is wifi range (i scan detect other upc routers) but they wont run a cable 100 metres down the alley at the back of my place to connect my flat to their system (ive repeatedly asked them) so that rules out UPC.

mate what did you do? i mean are you calling magnet? what did they say to you?

thats such a shame. because all i wanna know is pure Truth from them. i dint need story or extra sauce..if you know what i mean. just be honest.
    i think this is the problem.

If Eircom say it's active but it's dead when you try and use it then yeah there must be a fault somewhere, usually it's 3-5 working days for a tech to come out to have a look. Just make sure it's not an equipment issue, try a different phone/cable etc.

i tried another cable and the router is brand new, but as i said acording to magnet agent there is a fault on the line somewhere between my house and exchange - that is located about 2km away from my house. So the problem is that eircom is accepting the "job" every morning but not completing it - i mean accepting by crew going to fix it but not really doing anything at all. Just to be honest thats not my problem as i ordered service from Magnet and i dont really care about internal issues or whats happend between them. So at the end fo the day i am still not online.

i tried another cable and the router is brand new, but as i said acording to magnet agent there is a fault on the line somewhere between my house and exchange - that is located about 2km away from my house. So the problem is that eircom is accepting the "job" every morning but not completing it - i mean accepting by crew going to fix it but not really doing anything at all. Just to be honest thats not my problem as i ordered service from Magnet and i dont really care about internal issues or whats happend between them. So at the end fo the day i am still not online.
    Yeah Eircom are like that I'm afraid, I know you're pissed at Magnet but they're literally powerless here, they can do absolutely nothing for you until Eircom fix the line, and Magnet dont have any say in when they do that.

• Advertisement

yeh i understand the situation but i do not really care about internal issues that are between Magnet and Eircom. i ordered service from Magnet and i was expecting them to complete the order in the time schedule given to me. And as i said one month is a bit long time to excuse someone. So i am hoping that on monday they will come up with something for me at least a phone call saying the real truth/about the situation.

Thanks

Ed

SO FACTS!!

1. Landline is installed in my HOUSE by Eircom
    2. Magnet called me right now and told me they are unable to provide my the connexion now but if i wanna i can make another request and i "may" yes may have the line activated!! because its taking so long they cant detect the failure!
    3. My line has "pending" activation with Magnet - so i cant contact another provider and make my line active!!

VERDiCT ----> i cant find the right words, that can describe my feelings right now! because if i do i will probably be banned or at least warned for abuse or wrong language used!

So for me ---> NEVER EVER EVER EVER DEALING WITH MAGNET AGAIN!! did i said EVER?

mate what did you do? i mean are you calling magnet? what did they say to you?

thats such a shame. because all i wanna know is pure Truth from them. i dint need story or extra sauce..if you know what i mean. just be honest.
    i think this is the problem.

i phone them every few days.... they keep fobbing me off by saying its logged with eircom but nothing ever gets done.

i phoned them today and said if its not fixed by the end of the week im cancelling my subscription. Ive had enough.

i phone them every few days.... they keep fobbing me off by saying its logged with eircom but nothing ever gets done.

i phoned them today and said if its not fixed by the end of the week im cancelling my subscription. Ive had enough.

what they have said to me is unreal and I WONDER FOR HOW LONG TIME THEY WILL HOLD THE LINE - MY <LINE!!! I MEAN i cant order or purchase another provider to help me out!!! and in magnet topic are people saying it takes them up to 1-2 months untill magnet realses it.

If the line is installed but faulty then you should still be able to switch providers, just get your phone number and UAN, sign up with Eircom and once that's done deal with Eircom directly to get the line fixed?

Eircom said to me the line is active with MAGNET so they cant provide me the service untill magnet release the line. OMG i am mad already! what a story.

Magnet don't have to release the line, once you have the UAN (universal account number) you should be able to transfer the line to any provider. Get the UAN, ring up Eircom sales and tell them you want to transfer the line to them, it can take up to 10 working days but should realistic only be a few, once that's done you've cut out the middle man that is Magnet and you can deal directly with Eircom.

Magnet don't have to release the line, once you have the UAN (universal account number) you should be able to transfer the line to any provider. Get the UAN, ring up Eircom sales and tell them you want to transfer the line to them, it can take up to 10 working days but should realistic only be a few, once that's done you've cut out the middle man that is Magnet and you can deal directly with Eircom.

i will call them and i will do that first thing in the morning. thanks a lot.

i will also keep you updated.

so the procedure with uan is gonna take up to 35 days! lol i got my phone line nr. and also UAN but 35 days is killing me. so i have to wait untill magnet release the line. and hoping it will be soon.

What did they say when you asked for the UAN? What's the 35 days for?

• Advertisement

What did they say when you asked for the UAN? What's the 35 days for?

they said that i have to wait up to 25 days for the change and 10 days for the line service = total 35. but they recommend me to keep calling magnet and they should release the line within 48h. so in that scenario it will only take up to 12 days ---> 2 days for magnet to release the line and 10 days for connexion - service of the line.

but eircom told me they can provide me broadband up to 24mb/s i am based around 1,5Km from exchange so they said i should reach decent speeds. but for this moment i ma looking for anything :) even 8mb/s will do.

MAGNET IS STILL HOLDING THE LINE!!! What a service!!!

phone them again yesterday... line is still dead...... i reminded them that they have til friday to sort it.

spoke again today and was told my order was cancelled and that my phoneline cannot be repaired.

Magnet & Eircom both suck.

IF MAGNET WONT RELEASE THE LINE BY TOMORROW I AM SENDING OFFICIAL COMPLAIN TO COMREG!! AND I WILL DO MY BEST TO GO AFTER THEM!!!

The lack of customer service and misinformation given to me is just unreal!

spoke again today and was told my order was cancelled and that my phoneline cannot be repaired.

Magnet & Eircom both suck.

well i can speak only about Magnet as they are the ones that i was dealing with. but without landline - what will be the options for us?

As i said i will go after Magnet and do my best to protect my rights!

• Company Representative Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭Magnet: Rory

Just wanted to post a comment to advise that Magnet is aware of the issue that was raised in the orginal post on this forum and is dealing very closely with the customer in an effort to resolve the issue.

why did i get the help i needed?

also there is another person with the same issue regarding dead lines as the op and myself has.

please release the line going to flat 4 5 new cabra road so i can find an alternative supplier willing to actually get me connected rather than just waste 6 weeks of my time.

• Company Representative Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭Magnet: Rory

It is not Magnet policy to discuss indivdual customer issues on open forums on boards, however, if anyone would like to PM me details of their account, I will glady have any issue investigated.

• Advertisement

So just to be honest.

I had to leave 2 voice msg untill i finally recieved a phone call from Manager ---> so the STORY is

because Eircom has refused to provide the line for magnet and in the same time offered me directly service Magnet is holding the line and they wont release it. I was told that there is some kind of internal issue in this case. ---> BUT GUYS I DONT CARE!! I need internet ASAP!! so i was left with 2 choices.

1. stay with magnet and again aply for new connexion and wait for at least 10 working days for the line/installation proccess. even i already send them back the router - it will be resended again ---> i am MAD!! Joke? or reality?

2. second option is --according Magnet that they unfortunately wont release the line so i had to take the long way ---> wait 25 DAYS for switching the line UAN/WAY and then another 10 working days for the line instalation that will be provided by EIRCOM... so in total up to 35 days!!

so i was pushed in to the CORNER by UNWATED issues BETWEEN MAGNET AND EIRCOM ----> i had nothing to do with it but this internal fight is costing ME MONEY!! The only subject that is loosing here is ME!!! Because i am the one who is gonna pay the BILL.

SO RORY WHAT you GONNA SAY ABOUT THIS? Does it sound fair to you? I dont think so. Once again remember that i asked for the line initially at 28.12. last year!!! this is taking so long and i lost the track of the phone calls ---: i can guarantee you i have made more then 20+ ---> most of them to the land line directly to the sales agent + afterwards to the manager. That is also unwanted COST FOR ME AGAIN!!! not speaking about the time that i have spend waiting!!

So i would like to get at least apology that i am sure i deserve in this case!

I AM GIVING YOU LAST SHOT TO RESOLVE THIS ISSUE AS I WILL BE FORCED TO CONTACT COMREG AND DO MY BEST IN ORDER TO MAKE SURE THAT THIS SITUATION WONT HAPPENED TO ANY OTHER CUSTOMER LIKE ME IN THE FUTURE.

Best Regards

Ed

Advertisement