Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MAGNET - joke - BE AWARE OF THe SERVICE

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

order a new seperate line from eircom and just use that. thats what ive had to do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Bikerguy

order a new seperate line from eircom and just use that. thats what ive had to do.

I cant order a new line, because the line in my house is already Active and "made" by Eircom ---> according eircom. So i am stuck, as i said before Magnet admitted to hold the line because of internal issues with Eircom.

Anyway i was told that the manager (of MAGNET) will call me back with an update on Thursday afternoon and as expected nobody called me. So once again fail¬!

03.02.2012 still no connexion or progress made!

Bikerguy wrote: »
    I cant order a new line, because the line in my house is already Active and "made" by Eircom ---> according eircom. So i am stuck, as i said before Magnet admitted to hold the line because of internal issues with Eircom.

Anyway i was told that the manager (of MAGNET) will call me back with an update on Thursday afternoon and as expected nobody called me. So once again fail¬!

03.02.2012 still no connexion or progress made!

i had a woman from upc call me today (yes on a sunday they called me) anyways she explained that the side of the street im on (all houses with odd numbers) doesnt broadband available but all the houses with even numbers do....

so i explained a way for UPC to get all the houses with odd numbers hooked up without having to dig up the new cabra road. cabra park which is behind me has upc broadband and there is an alley between cabra park and my place which has old telephone poles with old UPC cables still attached to them... i asked her if she could send an engineer out to check if he could reuse these old poles to link my house into the cabra park system.

she says she will look into it as it would open up the whole side of my street to being able to get UPC broadband and phone services.

Fingers crossed that i might finally get UPC broadband.

i had a woman from upc call me today (yes on a sunday they called me) anyways she explained that the side of the street im on (all houses with odd numbers) doesnt broadband available but all the houses with even numbers do....

so i explained a way for UPC to get all the houses with odd numbers hooked up without having to dig up the new cabra road. cabra park which is behind me has upc broadband and there is an alley between cabra park and my place which has old telephone poles with old UPC cables still attached to them... i asked her if she could send an engineer out to check if he could reuse these old poles to link my house into the cabra park system.

she was she will look into it as it would open up the whole side of my street to being able to get UPC broadband and phone services.

Fingers crossed that i might finally get UPC broadband.

i hope you will sort it out ASAP

i am still waiting for the magic call....

06.02.2012 still nothing has been made. Router has been sended back to me and the line is still dead.

Today at least i recieved 2 phone calls - saying nothing new. only that the line is active and they have to go futher with eircom. so at the end of the day 0 for me and 100 for MAGnEt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 194 ✭✭daffy_duc

06.02.2012 still nothing has been made. Router has been sended back to me and the line is still dead.

Today at least i recieved 2 phone calls - saying nothing new. only that the line is active and they have to go futher with eircom. so at the end of the day 0 for me and 100 for MAGnEt.

Just curious as to what you mean by the "line is dead".
    How can you tell its dead?

its dead because there is no sign of signal going trough. no dsl or phone signal. so thats a clearly a dead line or line without signal if you wanna say it this way.

and its been like that from the first day when Magnet said all is ok.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 194 ✭✭daffy_duc

Okay.
    Just remember that when you move your line to Magnet, you won't get a dialtone if you plug a normal phone into the line.

They don't hook the copper up to a PABX, it only goes to their DSLAMs.

daffy_duc wrote: »
    Okay.
    Just remember that when you move your line to Magnet, you won't get a dialtone if you plug a normal phone into the line.

They don't hook the copper up to a PABX, it only goes to their DSLAMs.

you do get static though if the line is working.... if you dont get static its a dead line. Source magnet tech support guy called Joe.

you do get static though if the line is working.... if you dont get static its a dead line. Source magnet tech support guy called Joe.

u r correct mate. i was advised to try the signal with phone.

so far nothing new guys. another day gone. 0 progress

• Advertisement

07.02.2012 still no internet or even update. waiting for miracle at this stage!

Just wrote official complaint to magnet. They have 5 days to respond in the worsest scenario.

taken from magnet website. Complaints procedure -steps- respond time.

Full or Partial Loss of Service Within 1 Working Days.
    Repair Arrange for a site visit within 5 working days.If it is not possible to rectify the fault immediately you will be advised of a new timescale for service restoration.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭FileNotFound

Wow I guess my mind has been made up by this thread, I have been debating between magnet and smart as a dsl provider in a house with an inactive line (have a thread open for it).

Magnet say that I will have to pay 50 euro for the line to be upgraded in the first place which having seen the troubles above makes me worry if I would ever get connected.

I guess i might aswell just accept 8mb and forget 24mb BB, its a pity as the offer from magnet was for no contract BB but by the sounds of things they can still prevent you moving on.

Good luck with dealing with the issue and thanks for the heads up. Magnet really should start to realise that this kind of time wasting is actually losing them customers.

All the best,

FNF.

PS: Have you contacted comreg in regards to the matter, apparently this helps give companies a giant kick up the a**e.

i saw your topic last night mate. think twice before you gonna deal with Magnet. they are not bad people, dont get me wrong but the customer service and tech support they provide is disaster. i hope you gonna make the right decision.

and my case? i am starting to dig hole for optic cable all the way to dublin as it will take less time to achieve connexion then dealing with magnet... lol

seriously Magnet this is not a joke anymore.

didnt start complai procedure with Comreg yet. friday is the day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Splinters

I feel your pain. Im in EXACTLY the same position with Magnet and Eircom. My order was due to be finished early december and Im still waiting. I since then talked 2 people I know out of getting Magnet based on my experiences and will continue to do so for anybody else I hear of looking to change ISP's. This is hands down the worst customer service from a company I have ever experienced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

Jesus thats bad form. I'll be telling folk to steer clear.

Splinters wrote: »
    I feel your pain. Im in EXACTLY the same position with Magnet and Eircom. My order was due to be finished early december and Im still waiting. I since then talked 2 people I know out of getting Magnet based on my experiences and will continue to do so for anybody else I hear of looking to change ISP's. This is hands down the worst customer service from a company I have ever experienced.

if you dont mind asking me. what did you do in order to push them. or better said what did you try to do?

i call them every single day.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 inz

It took me three months with daily phone calls to get Magnet connected. I think I was visited by five or six different "engineers". I'm going to try my best to never move to a flat that's not covered by UPC again. Smart Telecom annoyed me too with the way they suddenly started throttling people's connections without informing their customers that they were introducing a cap. Ugh. The state of DSL is not excellent. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭FileNotFound

@ Bikerguy

Submit an official complaint to comreg. I bet you get a reply in no time.

Smart 8mb with 350gb dl limit + off peak calls ordered 45euro, we shall see if they are good to there word on the setup timeline.

Regards,

FNF.

PS: Dear magnet you just lost a future customer due to poor dealings with present ones. Learn from this as I would have gone for a 24mb connection in a heartbeat but you poor customer service is becoming somewhat legendary on this site and many more.

MAGNET called me this morning at 8:24am ---> "we are sorry to inform you that we are not able to provide you such a service in your current address." "The same happend again this time."

BUT I HAVE BEEN PROMISED BY MANAGER - i have his full NAME - THAT THEy WILL RELEASE THE ACCOUNT IN NO TIME - HE SAID MAX 48H. SO i will BE ABLE CONTACT ANOTHER SERViCE PROVIDER. I Hope they do so, because last time they have told me so they didnt! SO MAGNET STAY WITH YOUR WORD!!! I AM ****ING MAD!!!!!!! MAD mean REALLY MAD!!!!

I Am really hoping for miracle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Splinters

File a complaint with ComReg. Thats exactly what Im doing, whether or not they connect me this has been absolutely appauling service that Im not preppared to tolerate. Ive called them this morning and told them I want them to send me a copy of my call logs into them, times and dates and all case notes logged. Any consumer is legally entitled to see this, I learnt that from a tech support job I had a few years back. Im still going to follow up on getting my connection but its gone beyond the stage of not involving comreg in this now.

according Magnet the released the line at 5pm on friday. so i will try to contact another provider and set up a new line (wiring) in to my house. if possible.

but i didnt check that info as in the morning i called another provider and according them the line was still active and owned by Magnet. so i am hoping they aint holding my balls at this stage!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

according Magnet the released the line at 5pm on friday. so i will try to contact another provider and set up a new line (wiring) in to my house. if possible.

but i didnt check that info as in the morning i called another provider and according them the line was still active and owned by Magnet. so i am hoping they aint holding my balls at this stage!

It will take 1 working day for the change to take effect.

If you have no option but to use POTS (telephone line) to get broadband I would suggest going with Eircom. At least for PSTN. Getting a new line in night not solve your problem and it will cost a lot more money too.

thanks for the tip mate but at this stage i will take anything in order the be online. phone or not all i need is internet/

MAGNET IS STILL HOLDING THE LINE -even i after i recieved the email on FRIDAY saying its been released. STAY AWAY FROM THEM GUYS!!

I have cntacted COMREG and i have requested calll logs from MAGNET + all info i needed!! MUPPETS!!!

MAGNET DIDNT RESPOND!!

according to them they submited the release on Wednesday and they even send me confirmation on friday that the line is casead. i have also requested phone call log from them for COMREG and i have been IGNORED BIG TIME...
    even tho i was peaking to manager!!! it didnt help at all.

IGNORED - MAGNET IGNORE My requests and calls!!!

i ordered eircom now (no other option)... they seemed to have no problems getting my line back so far.

Eircom cant provide my line untill magnet releases it!

but i am thinking to get the Mi FI from three network for 30e a month a 60gb limit. because this will take more then 10 days for me i can tell.

• Advertisement

i finally got my phone line fixed by an Eircom guy..... it took 6 weeks of magnet wasting my time... then another week for them to release the line and 4 days for eircom to come out and fix the line

Advertisement