Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Basic Economics Lesson for Irish People

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭The Waltzing Consumer

I can't tell if you're agreeing or disagreeing with me, or making a comment about the kind of person you think I am......

I never once feigned any kind of ignorance and I am not holding myself up as a doyen of economics now.

Oops, sorry Audrey, that was definitely not aimed at you, I was saying it in general :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,366 ✭✭✭micropig

yes in general, there's a lot of armchair economic professors now, graduated from the university of life; course : hard knocks which includes economics as a module:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

It would help if the people who feign ignorance during the many years of "boom time" and did not have any clue about finanace works would stop acting like they are now professors of economics.

It is simply baffling the amount of posters who's biggest contribution has literally been "blast it with piss" are now masters of economics and comfortably talk about macro and micro economic policy :confused:

It's got nothing to do with economic policy though really. Yeah the government bailing out banks is debatable, but that's somewhat irrelevant in the context of the choices that people made to borrow to unsustainable levels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Unrealistic

People seem to forget that rents were also high (and still are).
    I am still trying to figure out whether those on here who think renting is fantastic practice what they preach and actually rent themselves.
    And what if the price of food or clothes were to get very high?
    Are we all supposed to rent those too?
    Rents were actually at record low levels compared to cost of ownership. When the rent you can get for a BTL is only enough to cover an interest only mortgage, and not even pay down one cent of capital, that should be a warning that you are in bubble territory.

Advertisement