Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with my User CP and viewing lastest posts in My Threads

Options
  • 27-01-2012 9:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭

Just thought I would let you know about a technical problem I've noticed since yesterday.

When I view my User CP to see the latest posts in my subscribed threads, a thread will be listed as having a new post. When I click on the thread, it doesn't show me the new post, and when I click on User CP again, the thread is still in the list. It doesn't happen for every thread, only one or two.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

That's a bug that happens every now and then with everyone's account. It happens with mine too. The previous technical employees couldn't seem to pin down what the cause is because it's so sporadic and they nothing they could compare it to because most people weren't reporting it.

It wouldn't do any harm to post it in Site Development and the new lads will look in to it in time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Shield wrote: »
    That's a bug that happens every now and then with everyone's account. It happens with mine too. The previous technical employees couldn't seem to pin down what the cause is because it's so sporadic and they nothing they could compare it to because most people weren't reporting it.

It wouldn't do any harm to post it in Site Development and the new lads will look in to it in time.

Thanks for the response! I think it is a similar problem to this issue...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Yep. That's the one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

Marking this one as resolved, sort of like the bug report over in Site Development - sorry we can't make this one go away right now :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement