Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breeders - What have you got?

Options
  • 27-01-2012 10:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 24,239 ✭✭✭✭

I know there's a few posters on here who successfully breed fish at home so thought it might be a cool idea to have a thread for those who have fish/plants they'd like to give away/sell/swap.

I don't breed anything myself (yet?) but I'll likely be looking for some new stock for my community tank soon. So, who has too many guppies / mollies / neon tetras / dwarf great whites? ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭peterk19

I have about 200 guppy fry at the moment if you want you can take a few

• Registered Users Posts: 24,239 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

I want to monitor the tank for a few weeks before adding anything new, don't want to put healthy fish into a tank that may kill them but thanks for the offer, may well take you up on it in a few weeks time! :D

no problem just pm me ill no doubt still have some im saving around 20 fry a week from the main tank at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭fungun

Ive bred guppies, swords, mollies etc but dont have any at the mo. Perhaps I should remove my angels from my planted tank as they prob hoover up any young. Bred cories also, but have had multiple disasters with them so never got a batch fully grown :(

Always have cichlids - have some yellow labs (about .5 inches and 3 inches), about 6 or 7 melanochromis (as per 'show us yer tank' photo), a bundle of albino convicts of varying size and a few fish of unknown origin!

I swap some in local fish shop, but if people were interested in swaps Im always on the lookout for nice pieces of rock, wood or different plants. Or potentially other fish, just give me a shout

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭WIZE

Guppies

Its not that I want to breed them but i will feel Guilty letting the Guppy fry get eaten

• Advertisement

Meant to say earlier if anyone wants some guppy fry give me a PM I have loads that I need to take out of my shrimp tank and i dont want to sacrifice them to my tiger barb that fecker love chasing fry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭WIZE

I can take some over the weekend

Any Idea what colour they will be

Honestly no idea other than some seem to have half black (tail) and other seem to be orange all over the rest no idea

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I've had convicts breed (but they didnt raise the fry), thropheous bemba twice (still have the fry) and frontosa once (still have one of the original fry that is about 8cm long)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

I've 30 lovely golden apple snails.

I need to look at rehoming them soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭fungun

Silverfish wrote: »

if they are a reasonable size (i think only large enough ones would survive in my tanks) Id be interested

Silverfish wrote: »

I'd be interested in giving a few of these a home, I could swap you guppy fry for them if you have a need for them or some cherry shrimp in a few months if breeding goes to plan

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭Peteemax

I have one of each of the above fish if anyone wants them.
    The Calvus was got bashed from another male awhile back but has come along nicely now.
    Brichardi 2inches and Calvus3inches.

I'm based in Ashbourne (10mins from the m50)

Pete

Advertisement