Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guns n Roses - The O2, Dublin

Options
  • 27-01-2012 10:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭

Guns N’Roses
    The O2, Dublin
    17th May, 2012

Tickets from €65.45 including booking fee
    On sale Friday 3rd February at 9.00am

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Guns N’Roses
    The O2, Dublin
    17th May, 2012

:rolleyes:AVOID!!!!! He's just gonna act like a p***k again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

:rolleyes:AVOID!!!!! He's just gonna act like a p***k again.

And he's gonna turn up late.

+ its not Guns 'n' Roses, its the throw cans at Axl Rose show :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

Guns N’Roses
    The O2, Dublin
    17th May, 2012

who booked this lad again????? really

darryn wrote: »
    who booked this lad again????? really

Muppets
    C***s
    Dimwits

(probably)

http://www.mcd.ie/home/fn.php?c=3384487&ar=gunsnroses
    Yup make that DEFINETLY. Are they really that stupid?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

karaokeman wrote: »
    And he's gonna turn up late.

+ its not Guns 'n' Roses, its the throw cans at Axel Rose show :D

Agreed, it's a tribute band called Guns 'N Roses

• Advertisement

EnterNow wrote: »
    Agreed, it's a bad tribute band called Guns 'N Roses

Fixed that for ya. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

It'll be interesting to see how this sells.

RayCon wrote: »

People need to make a statement against this muppet, and MCD, by not buying tickets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

What dick head booked him.

I sat there waiting on him to leave the bar and then it all kicked off when he did turn up.

Absolute arsehole who displayed utter contempt for the paying concert goers.

I still dont believe someone booked him to come back.

RayCon wrote: »

Can't understand why anyone would bother.

I'd go just for the laugh if I had a free ticket but I am not chunking out €65 to see this excuse of a tribute band, so much better things I could do with that cash.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

Gets popcorn,

Had great fun with the last thread, luckily i didn't get tickets was tempted though

What dick head booked him.

I sat there waiting on him to leave the bar and then it all kicked off when he did turn up.

Absolute arsehole who displayed utter contempt for the paying concert goers.

I still dont believe someone booked him to come back.

MCD. Fucking eejits.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

funny thing is ill probably still go....have to say i am deffo shocked that they got booked to play here again who knows i might be the only one standing in the middle of the 02 haha

funny thing is ill probably still go....have to say i am deffo shocked that they got booked to play here again who knows i might be the only one standing in the middle of the 02 haha

Jesus don't do that. Don't part with your money for that muppet.

I think it would be much more entertaining if they played to a completely empty O2 arena.

Would love to get a campaign going, it'd probably impossible to prevent even 1 ticket from being sold for this gig but it would surely give MCD the message if successful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

I think it would be much more entertaining if they played to a completely empty O2 arena.

Would love to get a campaign going, it'd probably impossible to prevent even 1 ticket from being sold for this gig but it would surely give MCD the message if successful.

That would be deadly, I was deffo tempted to go the last time, and then followed the events on twitter, I was sitting at home laughing at the wreak of a gig that was described to me, and some people said sure he came back on and it was great, but watching the vids, he actually just sat while singing lol, what a child

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Now a normal rational man would say "Ok, we fcuked up in Dublin last time, in May we are going to make up for it 10 times over and i promise you that it'll be the concert of your lives"

Axl Rose will say "???????"

THE GUY IS A TICKING TIMEBOMB, WAY TO UNPREDICTABLE TO RISK ME SPENDING 140EURO OF MY HARD EARNED CASH ON A PAIR OF TICKETS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭GoldenTickets

It's So Easy for people to just write Axl off, just cause he has the odd Breakdown, but I think people should have some Patience with him. This is a good chance for him to reconcile with his Estranged Irish audience and I'm really hoping for a mental night where Anything Goes. Seriously guys, at this stage knocking Axl is like flogging a Dead Horse. Try to remember that as a performer the guy really is One In A Million, so let's give him another chance, eh?

It's So Easy for people to just write Axl off, just cause he has the odd Breakdown, but I think people should have some Patience with him. This is a good chance for him to reconcile with his Estranged Irish audience and I'm really hoping for a mental night where Anything Goes. Seriously guys, at this stage knocking Axl is like flogging a Dead Horse. Try to remember that as a performer the guy really is One(Won) In A Raffle, so let's give him another chance, eh?

:D

Facebook?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

Facebook?

A facebook campsign would be gas! Screw MCD & Axl they owe me over €100 after the last farce as far as I am concerned.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,825 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

WOW!!

What a bunch of moaners on here! Any excuse these days though eh?

I was at the last gig, and apart from the behaviour of fans at the Sex Pistols at the Electric Picnic, its the worst Irish crowd I've ever seen. I've been to hundreds of gigs.

He comes on 15 minutes late and people are booing?! Actually, people were booing at 9.20! Then people start throwing bottles at him!? He (rightly) leaves the stage, the idiots clear out, he comes back on 45 minutes later and they play a great set. His voice sounded terrific as he wasn't arsed running around then.

A real unpredictable rock and roll show. LOVED it. Memorable stuff. Anyone out there with any ****ing LIFE in them anymore?

Honestly, we're so spoiled in this country. We're turning into a bunch of bores too judging by this thread. Would you rather a loud, unpredictable, mad rock and roll show or ****e bands like Kings of Leon, Killers, Snow Patrol, Arctic Monkeys etc?

It was a rock and roll show FFS! Do people not know who Axl Rose is?! What did you expect? All you have to do is Google him and you'll know this sort of thing happens.

Dear oh dear.

P.S. Fair ****s to Axl for coming back.

P.P.S Boards admin - is there any real need to censor the word "****e" in 2012? Were not in Nazi Germany here.

It's So Easy for people to just write Axl off, just cause he has the odd Breakdown, but I think people should have some Patience with him. This is a good chance for him to reconcile with his Estranged Irish audience and I'm really hoping for a mental night where Anything Goes. Seriously guys, at this stage knocking Axl is like flogging a Dead Horse. Try to remember that as a performer the guy really is One In A Million, so let's give him another chance, eh?

Say that to all the Bono haters.

Axl is not all that great a showman, he could try but he's no Bruce Springsteen.

We'll see how well this gig sells and if the band play a memorable comeback show for their Irish fans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

Nice piece of revisionist history there :rolleyes:

Yeah Rock N Roll treat me like a muppet with more money than sense **** yeah!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

The Nal wrote: »
    WOW!!

I was at the last gig, and apart from the behaviour of fans at the Sex Pistols at the Electric Picnic, its the worst Irish crowd I've ever seen. I've been to hundreds of gigs.

He comes on 15 minutes late and people are booing?! Actually, people were booing at 9.20! Then people start throwing bottles at him!? He (rightly) leaves the stage, the idiots clear out, he comes back on 45 minutes later and they play a great set. His voice sounded terrific as he wasn't arsed running around then.

A real unpredictable rock and roll show. LOVED it. Memorable stuff. Anyone out there with any ****ing LIFE in them anymore?

Honestly, we're so spoiled in this country. We're turning into a bunch of bores too judging by this thread. Would you rather a loud, unpredictable, mad rock and roll show or ****e bands like Kings of Leon, Killers, Snow Patrol, Arctic Monkeys etc?

It was a rock and roll show FFS! Do people not know who Axl Rose is?! What did you expect? All you have to do is Google him and you'll know this sort of thing happens.

Dear oh dear.

P.P.S Boards admin - is there any real need to censor the word "****e" in 2012? Were not in Nazi Germany here.

funny-celebrity-pictures-cool-story-bro-matthew-perry.jpg

WOW!!

Dear oh dear.

If you want to get f**ked over by Axl and his cronies, and MCD, go right ahead. Some of us can see that he's washed up. And what he does(coming on late), is not "rock n'roll" - its bad manners.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

He’s got balls coming back here ill give him that, never thought I'd hear that in a million years.
    it could work out well for them if they turn up on time and rock the place.

nm wrote: »
    He’s got balls coming back here ill give him that, never thought I'd hear that in a million years.
    it could work out well for them if they turn up on time and rock the place.

Don't hold yer breath.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

WOW!!

He comes on 15 minutes late and people are booing?! Actually, people were booing at 9.20!

They didnt come on till at least 10:25pm from what I remember. :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,324 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Fifteen minutes late my arse.

There's far better GnR tribute bands out there than Axl and the Ego.

Advertisement