Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guns n Roses - The O2, Dublin

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 groovypetal

I'd personally wait for a better band to show up like Bon Jovi or Poison, true artists in tight pants for no real reason.....wait now.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Ok - I've just read this thread in one sitting (tough going). I was at the brilliant 2006 show and ****e 2010 show. Left when the lights came on and hit flannery's hard so it wasn't a waste!
    Swore I wouldn't go to this gig and actually came on here to hopefully read some well informed gig head saying that axl had mended his ways.
    In the grand scheme of a year 70 quid is not too much of a risk but getting the piss taken out of me is...

Decisions decisions....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Ok - I've just read this thread in one sitting (tough going). I was at the brilliant 2006 show and ****e 2010 show. Left when the lights came on and hit flannery's hard so it wasn't a waste!
    Swore I wouldn't go to this gig and actually came on here to hopefully read some well informed gig head saying that axl had mended his ways.
    In the grand scheme of a year 70 quid is not too much of a risk but getting the piss taken out of me is...

Decisions decisions....

Same as me, I've seen them a few times, including the original line up back in '88, My wife hasn't and she loves them, but i'm not willing to risk 150odd quid on whether the Tool has his period or not.

We're gonna leave it till last minute and hopefully pick up tickets cheap, if not then i'm not gonna lose sleep either way

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

nm wrote: »
    Axl Rose Will Not Attend Guns N' Roses' Rock and Roll Hall Induction Ceremony

""I respectfully decline my induction as a member of Guns N' Roses to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame," Rose wrote in a long letter obtained by the L.A. Times. "I strongly request that I not be inducted in absentia and please know that no one is authorized nor may anyone be permitted to accept any induction for me or speak on my behalf. Neither former members, label representatives nor the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame should imply whether directly, indirectly or by omission that I am included in any purported induction of 'Guns N' Roses.'"

My God ... Ive just mustered a smidgen of respect for Rose based on that ...........................

.... only a smidgen mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

Well no surprise this doesnt seem to be selling well, anyone that would be willing to pay and see that clown is a fool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

giving 2 tickets away every hour from 7 to 6 for the last week on nova,

• Registered Users Posts: 38,432 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

theres a 5 day rest between the moscow and dublin shows so axl really has no excuses for being tired and giving a shambles of a performance

just saw on there website that vip tickets are available for the dublin show at $199.5 (E150) and you get the follwing
    Guns N' Roses European VIP Upgrade
    • Early Entry into the venue
    • Meet and Greet with Select Members of Guns N' Roses
    • Specially Designed Guns N' Roses Merch Item
    • Collectible Tour Poster
    • Set of Official Guns N Roses Guitar Picks
    • Commemorative Tour Laminate
    • Crowd-free merchandise shopping*
    • On-site VIP Host
    *When available
    YOU WILL NEED TO BUY A TICKET TO ATTEND THE CONCERT AND TO ATTEND THIS VIP EVENT. TICKETS ARE NOT INCLUDED IN THIS PACKAGE.

If i didnt have the Gibson Hotel cost for the nite i would of bought the vip ticket frown.giffrown.gif

so it's €150 + €70 for the vip package,

How much you betting the vip host is Seb Bach

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

PTH2009 wrote: »

Early Entry into the venue

:eek: Between the late finish and early entry - how many fncking hours does someone need to be in the O2 ..... and pay for the privilage !

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭sabrewulf

It seems to sell really bad.

I have an extra seated ticket in Block F that I'm offering for EUR 35 on toutless and gumtree, but no luck yet... Never happened to me that I simply threw away EUR 76 like that. :(

Is there more free places where I could post it?

cheers!

sabrewulf

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

I've seen 4 ads on tv since 8pm promoting this gig, calling it the "Rock n' Roll Party of the year". MCD are in a panic and need a mega week of sales!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

There not gonna get it imo

• Registered Users Posts: 38,432 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Something i think MCD are not going to do is cancel the gig even if sales are low.

MCD will probly make no profits on this show but for the sake of people actually going they should not cancel the gig.

Would MCD not drop ticket prices for the show ie E40 for standing tickets, E50 for seated tickets (but saying that what would the people who bought dearer tickets say ??)

• Registered Users Posts: 27 jimmy_presley

Ye, they'll be playing all the hits from Appetite For Destruction Remastered which Axl is currently working on.

Also, Chinese Democracy.......it's title suggested it was also going to be trouble. I love the title track, Better, Madagascar and Street of Dreams.

On a more serious note, someone posted earlier made reference to stage times and support acts. I've no problem with that but I've no interest whatsoever in the awful Danko Jones for an hour and fifteen minutes. If stage times are released in advance by MCD people can make plans accordingly. Last time I had my car parked in a city centre car park that closed at midnight so I had to leave at 11:15.

Its actually hard for me to decide. As I've said the RDS gig in 2006 was a cracking show and that is the level that I know Axl is capable of. I would gladly pay 70e if i knew that was guaranteed. Make no mistake, the band are a razor sharp too.

Unfortunately for me 70e now is worth so much to me. Things are very very tough financially. A gig in town is now a massive treat and for a few quid extra I can go and see Bruce Springsteen in the RDS who'll play for at least two and half hours. He'll arrive in stage on time, play his heart out like its his very first gig and his last, have the crowd in the palm if his hand and show why he's someone every should see once in thier lifetime. He'll have a new album out in a few weeks with some new great songs that I'd probably love to hear live.

Seriously, the 2006 show was crap aswell. As soon as the atmosphere and crowd got going axl would decide to pop off for a costume change or a smoke or whatever leaving the guitarist to flute around playing some indescribable trash as filler. Was dire.

still.......if i win free tickets on nova this week ill drop in to enjoy the "show" next week, should be interesting.......if anyone apart from free ticket prize winners shows up!

Went to Metallica the next day, in 2006, complete opposite, a fantastic show with performers who actually give a crap (well, they did that day anyway! cant say they did in marley in 08 though)

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭MrLaurel

Having been at the last gig in 2010, kinda wish that I has thown something large like the kitchen sink at Axel instead of the couple of bottles that others did throw. Arrogonce!! Feckin primadonna should be happy to be making serious money still

if anyone has a free ticket they don't want i'll gladly take it off your hands :D just throwing that out there

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

I'm not going to this (I preferred the real GNR) but something tells me Axl will be well behaved this time. I think he will put on a good show (well, good as in turn up within the confines of Rock N' Roll time keeping) and play the hits etc.

Has anyone been following this tour (youtube, fan forums etc) to date? What's the set looking like etc?

I just hope the scumbags who throw things won't give Axl reasons to be a b*tch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

What's the set looking like etc?

From a few nights ago..
    Splitting the Atom
    (Massive Attack song)
    Chinese Democracy
    Welcome to the Jungle
    It's So Easy
    Mr. Brownstone
    Sorry
    Rocket Queen
    Estranged
    Richard Fortus Guitar Solo
    (James Bond Theme)
    Live and Let Die
    (Paul McCartney & Wings cover)
    This I Love
    Motivation
    (Tommy Stinson song) (Tommy Stinson on lead vocals with band introductions)
    Dizzy Reed Piano Solo
    (Baba O' Riley)
    Street of Dreams
    You Could Be Mine
    DJ Ashba Guitar Solo
    (Mi Amor)
    Sweet Child O' Mine
    Instrumental Jam
    (Another Brick in the Wall, Pt. 1-2)
    Axl Rose Piano Solo
    (Goodbye Yellow Brick Road / … more)
    November Rain
    Bumblefoot Guitar Solo
    (Pink Panther Theme)
    Don't Cry
    Whole Lotta Rosie
    (AC/DC cover)
    Knockin' On Heaven's Door
    (Bob Dylan cover)
    Instrumental Jam
    Nightrain
    Encore:
    Instrumental Jam
    Madagascar
    Better
    Instrumental Jam
    Paradise City
    My Way

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭MonTheBiffy

Hey lads have ye any idea of the stage times or what time its expected to be over? I need a reply ASAP if possible in order to make travel plans
    Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭00sully

Hey lads have ye any idea of the stage times or what time its expected to be over? I need a reply ASAP if possible in order to make travel plans
    Cheers

:D

• Advertisement

Thank you for your helpful reply

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

have you tried Google?
    18:30 – Doors Open
    19:30 – Vengeance & The Panther Queen
    20:15 – Thin Lizzy
    21:15 – Guns N Roses

darryn wrote: »
    have you tried Google?
    18:30 – Doors Open
    19:30 – Vengeance & The Panther Queen
    20:15 – Thin Lizzy
    21:15 – Guns N Roses

Tried a few days ago there was no news. Any idea how long GnR will be on stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

Tried a few days ago there was no news. Any idea how long GnR will be on stage?

http://bit.ly/Jt5RZn

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭00sully

sorry I couldn't help myself. did you read any of this thread? the last gig was over after 1am after over half the place left.

schedule time != actual time for Axl. I will probably be at this gig as well. sucker that I am :o

3 ****ing hours. For **** sake

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Eggonyerface

Too short - People give out!!

Too long - People give out!!

Does anyone think he'll be out at quarter past nine? It'll be interesting to see how this pans out after the last time. You cant listen to any radio station for more then an hour without them giving away a pair of tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

I'd be delighted with a three hour set personally so I hope he takes his pills or vitamins or whatever **** he requires in order to get him ready for Ireland and to make sure he's raring to go by 9.15pm - because even 5 minutes late is going to cost him and MCD if they're releasing these times

Also, and most importantly, are they going to employ extra security before the gig to insure that nobody sneaks any bottles or damaging/offending items that ruin it for the rest of people. Are they going to ban the sale of all liquids, obviously not, so how are they going to regulate the fact that one stupid **** might pay money for a ticket just to hurl a bottle and see what happens?

Also, have they given everyone a briefing on what happens when things do go wrong (and I know they read this forum, so pay attention) - what are MCD security going to tell people when/if he does walk off, how is the situation going to be addressed if he does cancel after 5, 10, 15, 20, 30, 40 minutes? At what point in a three hour gig have we been deemed to have gotten our money's worth? 180 minutes is a long time...I hope MCD, that you have everything planned.

BECAUSE IF SOMETHING GOES WRONG, I WILL CHASE YOU THROUGH THE COURTS TO GET MY MONEY, AND I WILL NOT STOP WITH YOUR STUPID AND PETTY EXCUSES ONCE AGAIN

• Registered Users Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Can someone please clarify, was there actually a glass bottle thrown on stage? This keeps being said. However, my understanding is that it was a lightweight plastic beaker that was thrown on stage...

1. They don't sell glass bottles at the point
    2. Security is thorough and even if you did get a bottle in, you would have difficulty drinking from it inside
    3. If you were gonna bring your own booze in, you would choose a plastic bottle rather than glass - for numerous reasons

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Bluefoam wrote: »
    Can someone please clarify, was there actually a glass bottle thrown on stage?

Just to be clear I never said "glass" at any point in my comments above, in case you were talking about what I said

Hard plastic would be just as bad as glass - coinage would be worse - in 2006 in Newcastle somebody threw a pound coin at Axl's face and cut the skin, Lost Prophets had coins thrown at them in Dublin when they opened for Metallica in 2005...and said it was easily the worst gig they'd ever played because of the abuse - they were quoted in Metal Hammer about how bad it was, saying even after the gig they were attacked by Metallica "fans" outside the venue

Advertisement