Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guns n Roses - The O2, Dublin

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

still standing ticket abvailable opps

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

lads trying to remember here (and I should, it was my first gig ever!) what day in May 1992 did GNR play Slane? was it the 16th or 17th?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Just to be clear I never said "glass" at any point in my comments above, in case you were talking about what I said

Hard plastic would be just as bad as glass - coinage would be worse - in 2006 in Newcastle somebody threw a pound coin at Axl's face and cut the skin, Lost Prophets had coins thrown at them in Dublin when they opened for Metallica in 2005...and said it was easily the worst gig they'd ever played because of the abuse - they were quoted in Metal Hammer about how bad it was, saying even after the gig they were attacked by Metallica "fans" outside the venue

But we aren't talking about bottles, hard plastic or coins here. Or even some other bands experience with these things...

There was a plastic beaker thrown on stage. Even if it started off filled with liquid, it was hardly a dangerous projectile.

A PLASTIC BEAKER!!!

Bluefoam wrote: »
    But we aren't talking about bottles, hard plastic or coins here. Or even some other bands experience with these things...

There was a plastic beaker thrown on stage. Even if it started off filled with liquid, it was hardly a dangerous projectile.

A PLASTIC BEAKER!!!

I dunno, my 2 year old son threw a beaker at me once, it hurt...but I didn't storm off and leave him on his own:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

lads trying to remember here (and I should, it was my first gig ever!) what day in May 1992 did GNR play Slane? was it the 16th or 17th?

The 16th may 1992 ;-))

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

A PLASTIC BEAKER!!!

there were 2 plastic beer bottles (green so either Carlsberg or Heineken) and a beaker, the bottles landed on the stage but not close to him they were empty from what I could see, and the beaker had liquid in it.......he's a tool, I don't approve of stuff getting thrown at artists, but he's played through worse and didn't want to be there on the night...........anyway here's what I think needs to be done this year

1) If the setlist if looking like 2hrs+ MCD need to make people aware that it will mean the curfew times of the O2 will be exceeded and they need to arrange travel accordingly.

2) As Crue said, the Staff need to be properly briefed now of what to do and say should there be any problems, last time was a complete shambles, being told to leave the venue as the show was over and they wouldn't be coming back on while having the house lights on and them stopping people trying to get back in was a farce.

3) If they can't ensure that he's going to perform at the specified times, don't specify them, just say when the supports are due on and leave it at that, this is again a midweek gig with public transport only running to a certain time, if they know the gig will be outside those times tell people.

none of these things are difficult to do and should have been done last time.

NIBBS wrote: »
    there were 2 plastic beer bottles (green so either Carlsberg or Heineken) and a beaker, the bottles landed on the stage but not close to him they were empty from what I could see, and the beaker had liquid in it.......he's a tool, I don't approve of stuff getting thrown at artists, but he's played through worse and didn't want to be there on the night...........anyway here's what I think needs to be done this year

I'm still not convinced. I've had allot of beer & I've never come across a plastic beer bottle. Nor am I convinced someone would be able to bring some beer bottles into The Point and drink them in there...

Did you pick up one of these bottles to confirm what it was made of? How do you know they were plastic beer bottles? Also, I was aware that two 'projectiles' were thrown onstage. But this is the first time I've heard about the third.

BTW, Axl's not gonna be impressed when he gets a Ribenna carton between the eyes on Thursday...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

I'm still not convinced. I've had allot of beer & I've never come across a plastic beer bottle. Nor am I convinced someone would be able to bring some beer bottles into The Point and drink them in there...

Did you pick up one of these bottles to confirm what it was made of? How do you know they were plastic beer bottles? Also, I was aware that two 'projectiles' were thrown onstage. But this is the first time I've heard about the third.

They sell plastic bottles of Carlsberg at gigs in the O2 and have done for some time. At some gigs there are people going around selling them from refrigerated backpacks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

They sell plastic bottles of Carlsberg at gigs in the O2 and have done for some time. At some gigs there are people going around selling them from refrigerated backpacks.

Either way, if anyone tries that ****, they'll have me to answer too. I'm not having another idiot run my evening - and don't point out that by that definition I shouldn't attend a Guns N' Roses concert....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,432 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Either way, if anyone tries that ****, they'll have me to answer too. I'm not having another idiot run my evening - and don't point out that by that definition I shouldn't attend a Guns N' Roses concert....

true that im travelling up from waterford, paying for a hotel room, transport up. Im not having some idiot ruin my night :mad::mad:

Maybe you've had too much beer then - as WeleaseWoderick said they've been on sale in there for some time, plastic beer bottles have been around for many years and come from many manufacturers - the fact that you don't know about them doesn't mean anything, in the same way that it's irrelevant what was thrown, but they were plastic......

from where I was I saw two of these bottles thrown at the stage and one cup/beaker full of beer (or similar liquid) which could certainly have caused damage to equipment, but not a person.....either way I fear that tomorrow night there will be people there just to throw stuff - hope I'm wrong and it's an enjoyable night, but I wouldn't put money on it......

• Registered Users Posts: 9 bulmersmccabe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭TheGimp

So Axl was dancing on the table at a strip club, fell off and did this to his leg. Bet he will be in a great mood at the gig tomorrow, if he shows at all.

large.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

TheGimp wrote: »
    So Axl was dancing on the table at a strip club, fell off and did this to his leg. Bet he will be in a great mood at the gig tomorrow, if he shows at all.

large.jpg

Looks like an arm to me, but with Axl nothing would surprise me

Lizzy are onstage at 20:30 according to their FB page, 45 min set, 30 min change around, that gives an estimate arrival of GnR of 21:45.

With a 3hr set on the cards it's gonna be a late one alright! AND THAT'S IF HE'S ON TIME!

that's an arm!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

scudzilla wrote: »
    Looks like an arm to me, but with Axl nothing would surprise me

its not an arm or a leg :D

It has been confirmed as the back of his leg.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

Not going to this myself but I'm wondering if Paddy Power will let us place bets as to what time he will show up at (if at all) :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

scudzilla wrote: »
    Lizzy are onstage at 20:30 according to their FB page, 45 min set, 30 min change around, that gives an estimate arrival of GnR of 21:45.

With a 3hr set on the cards it's gonna be a late one alright! AND THAT'S IF HE'S ON TIME!

Those times seem ridiculous.. Means that GNR get a 90 min set - tops. Are there any times on MCD's site?

Those times seem ridiculous.. Means that GNR get a 90 min set - tops. Are there any times on MCD's site?

MCD will NOT be posting any stage times, if they did and axl ignored then then surely they'd be legally responsible.

I'm still amazed not to have seen a tonne of competitions for tickets at this point - so it must have sold well enough - can't imagine they'd want the place half empty irrelevant of wether or not he turns up on time........

Mickey - for some reason the curfews don't seem to apply to Axl gigs - all I know is he didn't fly over with the band after his little accident, so hopefully he has made his way into the country at least........Axl definitely lives in Axl-land......

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭MollyZ

MCD just sent this tweet:

First on tonight are Vengeance + The Panther Queen at 7pm (times subject to change)

Seem to be covering themselves for any hiccups on timing.

Not going myself but hope it all goes well for those who are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

MollyZ wrote: »
    MCD just sent this tweet:

First on tonight are Vengeance + The Panther Queen at 7pm (times subject to change)

Seem to be covering themselves for any hiccups on timing.

Not going myself but hope it all goes well for those who are.

This is on there page
    Stage Times
    Vengeance + The Panther Queen - 7pm
    Thin Lizzy - 7.30pm
    (All times are subject to change)

no times for gnr lol, I won't be there, but I hope it all works out

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

thats clearly an arm, or else his pubes are down to his knee from his inside leg.

will be suprised if he even turns up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭badabing106

I'll bet anyone 100 pounds that,that is his leg, and that Axl will show up tonight with all guns blazing

I'll bet anyone 100 pounds that,that is his leg, and that Axl will show up tonight with all guns blazing

Plus his arms are covered in tattoos. Anyway his agent confirmed that it is a leg injury.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

Going to this tonight - i've my fingers crossed for a total trainwreck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭badabing106

Going to this tonight - i've my fingers crossed for a total trainwreck.

"Welcome to the jungle baby, your gonna die!"

Advertisement