Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guns n Roses - The O2, Dublin

Options
1789101113»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

No way would slash match what i saw last night.

Oh right, didn't know it was on last night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭TheGimp

Don't be so sure of that... plus he actually releases new music. In fact his new album is out (today I think) and it is brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

I don't think Slash is trying to compete with him. I don't think he gives a flying f**k how Axl performs nowadays. Same the other way round too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭TheGimp

I don't think Slash is trying to compete with him. I don't think he gives a flying f**k how Axl performs nowadays. Same the other way round too.

I think Slash has moved on. Axl still shows massive resentment towards him though. The success of Contraband and general success he has had probably doesn't go down well considering how Chinese Democracy bombed.

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Splinters

sabrewulf wrote: »
    The gig was absolutely incredible. Almost 3 hours. Including Whole lotta Rosie, Don't cry, Estranged, TWAT and Civil War!!! :D

Thats to be expected, hes the singer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,431 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

the gig to me was epic. Axl and co were on fire and so where Thin Lizzy.

Seat- I Was in Block C Row 32 had a brillent view of the stage buthad my good JVC HD camara with me and could not use it because of memebers of staff told me to put it away

Atmosphere The atmosphere around the o2 was very quite from 6.30 to about 7.30pm. It really started to pick up after the first band played and was perfect for Thin Lizzy and GNR. The crowd epesically were i was seated were very good and sang along , i remeber there were a group of girls and a guy about 4 rows below me who were up dancing for almost all of GNRs set. I think some poor guy fell down the stairs near block D thankfully he wasant hurt.

Merchandise- id give the quallity of merchandise about 7 out of 10 (well the one upstairs didnt see the downstairs store). The only had Guns N Roses stuff on sale. I was hoping they might have Thin Lizzy stuff aswell. Anyway bought a t shirt, Programme and Poster. Some of the things were a bit high in price the hoodies were 90 euro, the scarfs were 30 euro i think.

Vengeance & The Panther Queen- Thought they were a waste of time tbh, nobody had an interest in listening to them. I thought they played ****e, missing spots, not interacting with the crowd. Did anyone else understand the singer.

Thin Lizzy- Really enjoyed there set. I thought it was much better than there last performance in the o2 (supporting Def Leppard in 2011). All the band memebers are brillent especially the two gutairists Scott Gorham and Damien Johnson. Really loved hearing rarites like Dancing in the moonlight, Still In Love with you and suicide. Of course they got the crowd going with the classics such as Whiskey in the jar, Emerald and Jailbreak among others. I think the length of there set was also perfect and got the crowd really warmed up. The only dissapointment was that there set ended after The Boys are back in town, i really thought they were going to come back and do Black Rose but we will probly have to wait til december to hear that. Another intresting point was that there was a number of people on the right side of the stage watching the gig, Ricky Warwick went over to them a few times during 'Im still in love with you'. Id say there were possibly family and friends etc (was too far back to see faces but could of sworn i saw Philomena Lynott and Richard Fortus at one point).

Pre GNR- I was getting really nervos when i was hearing boos and whistles from the crowd during the wait on GNR. It was a bit weird that the stage was left fully set up for about 20 mins. It was a bit worrying when 10pm arrived and they still didnt appear on stage. Was brillent when the intro started roughly at about 10.20pm.

Guns N Roses- A few words can derscribe the performance, Epic, Professional, Perfect. To me the performance exceeded my expectations. Axl Rose was on fire it was clear he was enjoying himself all through the gig, sometimes taking the piss out of himself and it was very nice of him to apolgize for last time. He gave the best vocal performance he could be possibly give. The guitarists (Richard Fortus, Dj Asbha and Bumblefoot) are masters of there craft imo. There performances were top notch in every song and they interacted with the crowd a lot. The rest of the band Tommy Stinson (bass), Dizzy Reed, Chris Pitman (Piano and Keyboards) and Frank Ferrer (Drums) also gave brillent performances. The setlist was perfect with a few suprises thrown in (Civil War, Nightrain, Whole Lotta Rosie). Really liked November Rain, You Could Be Mine, Sweet Child of mine, Better. The only thing that was a bit boring were the solos between most songs. I also would of loved to hear 'Patience' but cant complain. It will deff be in the top 5 live performances of the year.

Finally the mess that was 'GNR in Dublin 2010' is now put too rest. Axl has forgiven us and most of us has forgiven him. The band really gave it there all to say sorry and the crowd really enjoyed it. Really hope the band release a new album soom or at least a live DVD.

Wonder what was so Historic about the encore ???

Hopefully we will see Guns N Roses back in Dublin soon. Ireland love Guns N Roses.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

PTH2009 wrote: »
    the gig to me was epic. Axl and co were on fire and so where Thin Lizzy.

Seat- I Was in Block C Row 32 had a brillent view of the stage buthad my good JVC HD camara with me and could not use it because of memebers of staff told me to put it away

Atmosphere The atmosphere around the o2 was very quite from 6.30 to about 7.30pm. It really started to pick up after the first band played and was perfect for Thin Lizzy and GNR. The crowd epesically were i was seated were very good and sang along , i remeber there were a group of girls and a guy about 4 rows below me who were up dancing for almost all of GNRs set. I think some poor guy fell down the stairs near block D thankfully he wasant hurt.

Merchandise- id give the quallity of merchandise about 7 out of 10 (well the one upstairs didnt see the downstairs store). The only had Guns N Roses stuff on sale. I was hoping they might have Thin Lizzy stuff aswell. Anyway bought a t shirt, Programme and Poster. Some of the things were a bit high in price the hoodies were 90 euro, the scarfs were 30 euro i think.

Vengeance & The Panther Queen- Thought they were a waste of time tbh, nobody had an interest in listening to them. I thought they played ****e, missing spots, not interacting with the crowd. Did anyone else understand the singer.

Thin Lizzy- Really enjoyed there set. I thought it was much better than there last performance in the o2 (supporting Def Leppard in 2011). All the band memebers are brillent especially the two gutairists Scott Gorham and Damien Johnson. Really loved hearing rarites like Dancing in the moonlight, Still In Love with you and suicide. Of course they got the crowd going with the classics such as Whiskey in the jar, Emerald and Jailbreak among others. I think the length of there set was also perfect and got the crowd really warmed up. The only dissapointment was that there set ended after The Boys are back in town, i really thought they were going to come back and do Black Rose but we will probly have to wait til december to hear that. Another intresting point was that there was a number of people on the right side of the stage watching the gig, Ricky Warwick went over to them a few times during 'Im still in love with you'. Id say there were possibly family and friends etc (was too far back to see faces but could of sworn i saw Philomena Lynott and Richard Fortus at one point).

Pre GNR- I was getting really nervos when i was hearing boos and whistles from the crowd during the wait on GNR. It was a bit weird that the stage was left fully set up for about 20 mins. It was a bit worrying when 10pm arrived and they still didnt appear on stage. Was brillent when the intro started roughly at about 10.20pm.

Guns N Roses- A few words can derscribe the performance, Epic, Professional, Perfect. To me the performance exceeded my expectations. Axl Rose was on fire it was clear he was enjoying himself all through the gig, sometimes taking the piss out of himself and it was very nice of him to apolgize for last time. He gave the best vocal performance he could be possibly give. The guitarists (Richard Fortus, Dj Asbha and Bumblefoot) are masters of there craft imo. There performances were top notch in every song and they interacted with the crowd a lot. The rest of the band Tommy Stinson (bass), Dizzy Reed, Chris Pitman (Piano and Keyboards) and Frank Ferrer (Drums) also gave brillent performances. The setlist was perfect with a few suprises thrown in (Civil War, Nightrain, Whole Lotta Rosie). Really liked November Rain, You Could Be Mine, Sweet Child of mine, Better. The only thing that was a bit boring were the solos between most songs. I also would of loved to hear 'Patience' but cant complain. It will deff be in the top 5 live performances of the year.

Finally the mess that was 'GNR in Dublin 2010' is now put too rest. Axl has forgiven us and most of us has forgiven him. The band really gave it there all to say sorry and the crowd really enjoyed it. Really hope the band release a new album soom or at least a live DVD.

Wonder what was so Historic about the encore ???

Hopefully we will see Guns N Roses back in Dublin soon. Ireland love Guns N Roses.
    Pretty sure the "Historic thing" was playing Civil War, a song they rarely play

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Pretty sure the "Historic thing" was playing Civil War, a song they rarely play

And I'm pretty sure that this wasn't

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Axl's at it again - this time in Manchester - was supposed to finish by 11, and they didn't arrive on stage till 11.15...

Crowd of 16,000 whittled down to 6,000 by the time they finished at 2.15 :pac:

http://www.nme.com/news/guns-n-roses/64058

• Registered Users Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

The disurbing thing about this is that they have seen the consequences of not respecting their fans & have caused full scale riots in the past. Its highly likely that someone will be killed at some point as a result of Roses behaviour & I hope he is held fully accountable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

UsedToWait wrote: »
    Axl's at it again - this time in Manchester - was supposed to finish by 11, and they didn't arrive on stage till 11.15...

Crowd of 16,000 whittled down to 6,000 by the time they finished at 2.15 :pac:

http://www.nme.com/news/guns-n-roses/64058

The guy should just give it up. He's not up to it any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Bluefoam wrote: »
    The disurbing thing about this is that they have seen the consequences of not respecting their fans & have caused full scale riots in the past. Its highly likely that someone will be killed at some point as a result of Roses behaviour & I hope he is held fully accountable.

Sure wasn't there an incident in the early 90s where Rose attacked one of the fans at a gig in St. Louis?

I'd be surprised if he wasn't warned well enough by this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

I don't understand why artists/bands do stuff like that. How hard is it to be there on time, especially when everything is done for them. It just makes it seem like they don't give two f***s about the fans and makes you feel like they were just dossing around somewhere before deciding they'd show up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

Apparently you get turned away if you are wearing a Slash t-shirt. :rolleyes:

http://www.nme.com/news/guns-n-roses/64110?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭CiaranK

G-Money wrote: »
    It just makes it seem like they don't give two f***s about the fans and makes you feel like they were just dossing around somewhere before deciding they'd show up.

Fixed that for you :L

• Registered Users Posts: 21,048 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

G-Money wrote: »
    I don't understand why artists/bands do stuff like that. How hard is it to be there on time, especially when everything is done for them. It just makes it seem like they don't give two f***s about the fans and makes you feel like they were just dossing around somewhere before deciding they'd show up.
    I genuinely believe It's not on purpose, the band probably have to be ready to go on at showtime, and I think axl just goes on when he's ready...I don't think its as planned as people think, I'm sure it costs them money.

Advertisement