Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guns n Roses - The O2, Dublin

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

@ The Nal - If a GNR gig echoed like this example, 8 minutes of real rock n roll, I'd be counting out the money right now for the ticket.

Instead, we get a washed out tribute band that looks & sounds like this:

Treating a crowd like absolute sh1te like this, after being over an hour late which he's very very well known to do

So no. Axle can fugg right off, I'll happily watch the Tokyo 92 gig & enjoy what the real GNR could do :)

Mods, sorry if embedding videos is against the rules. I only spotted this thread on the homepage, & being a big GNR fan, had to voice my opinion :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

70 euro for another performance like this.... I think it excites me as much as he was at the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,825 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

EnterNow wrote: »
    @ The Nal - If a GNR gig echoed like this example, 8 minutes of real rock n roll, I'd be counting out the money right now for the ticket.

Instead, we get a washed out tribute band that looks & sounds like this:

Treating a crowd like absolute sh1te like this, after being over an hour late which he's very very well known to do

So no. Axle can fugg right off, I'll happily watch the Tokyo 92 gig & enjoy what the real GNR could do :)

Mods, sorry if embedding videos is against the rules. I only spotted this thread on the homepage, & being a big GNR fan, had to voice my opinion :o

OK, so he was an hour late. I accept that. So what? Hes ALWAYS late.

Agree with you mate, its not the real GnR. Get your hands on the 1988 show from the Ritz if you haven't already. Incredible.

Is embedding videos against the rules?! Dont post here much, bit of a Nazi regime to be honest.

The Nal wrote: »
    Is embedding videos against the rules?! Dont post here much, bit of a Nazi regime to be honest.

I've no idea, I was just extending a courtesy to the mods if it was as I never post here myself.

The Ritz 88 was incredible

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

OK, so he was an hour late. I accept that. So what? Hes ALWAYS late.Agree with you mate, its not the real GnR. Get your hands on the 1988 show from the Ritz if you haven't already. Incredible.

This is the problem. Is he f**king special or something? Does he think he's cool by leaving the people who paid to see his show waiting for over an hour?

• Advertisement

This is the problem. Is he f**king special or something? Does he think he's cool by leaving the people who paid to see his show waiting for over an hour?

He's very...different. I think he had a very rough upbringing, not that it excuses his attitude in any way, but reading Slash's book you do get some insight into how volatile he is, & why he is so.

Look at the Tokyo 92 video above, my god the man could sing, the vocals near the end have yet to be matched. He's but a shadow today though

No. Thats not the reason. The reason it that he has, and has always had, a very fragile voice and it takes ages to warm up so he doesn't hurt it. Always been that way. And he has no control over how long it takes to warm up. Also, the support band didn't finish until 9.15 which didn't help. So blame them. Or the road crew.

Heres a question for you. Did you know he was always late on stage? Would you pay 65 quid in a restaurant for a meal if you knew for certain theres a chance it could be crap? I dont know anyone who goes to a restaurant with little or no research. Even 30 seconds of reading and you would've known Axl was not going to be on time.

More money than sense. Id love to have some peoples money on here. Obviously money to burn if people are willing to shell out 65 quid on a punt.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

No. Thats not the reason. The reason it that he has, and has always had, a very fragile voice and it takes ages to warm up so he doesn't hurt it. Always been that way.

Heres a question for you. Did you know he was always late on stage? Would you pay 65 quid in a restaurant for a meal if you knew for certain theres a chance it could be crap? I dont know anyone who goes to a restaurant with little or no research. Even 30 seconds of reading and you would've known Axl was not going to be on time.

More money than sense. Id love to have some people money on here.

Then why not warm up earlier? If I have to be somewhere at 9 and im always late if I start getting ready at 8, its common sense to start getting ready earlier.
    The excuses some people come up with :rolleyes:

Then why not warm up earlier? If I have to be somewhere at 9 and im always late if I start getting ready at 8, its common sense to start getting ready earlier.
    The excuses some people come up with :rolleyes:

I edited the post after you replied. He doesn't have a "warm up" time. It takes as long as it takes.

Also, "common sense" and "Axl Rose" aren't two phrases that are compatible. As I said, people should have googled it and found out.

Same people who expect Bob Dylan to stand there with a guitar singing an album version of The Times They Are a Changin at his gigs. Doesn't happen!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

How much were tickets last time? No way were they that much, its a joke its so expensive.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

Last time a standing ticket was €71.70 including charges.

He can get fucked if I'm going to fork that out again.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Mushy wrote: »
    How much were tickets last time? No way were they that much, its a joke its so expensive.

I think they were more expensive last time. Maybe closer to 80 O_o

Mushy wrote: »

They were 71 euro. So with ticketbastards fees its about the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

Honestly, we're so spoiled in this country. We're turning into a bunch of bores too judging by this thread. Would you rather a loud, unpredictable, mad rock and roll show or ****e bands like Kings of Leon, Killers, Snow Patrol, Arctic Monkeys etc?

For me to get to the 02 for a mid week gig, i have to travel from letterkenny which means i need to get a minimum of 2 half days off work. Then there is the 7/8 hour round trip to dublin. Add in overnight costs and the actual cost of a ticket. unpredictable should mean you are entertained and excited, not worried if I just wasted a few hundread euro on a gig where the singer couldnt be arsed to turn up or just go through the motions

For the record, I wasnt at the last gig in dub. GnR isnt GnR without Slash and Duff.

Agree with you mate, its not the real GnR. Get your hands on the 1988 show from the Ritz if you haven't already. Incredible.

Great gig! must try and find it, i know i have it somewhere!

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Buford Tannen

More money than sense. Id love to have some peoples money on here. Obviously money to burn if people are willing to shell out 65 quid on a punt.

Should that be a "C"

Should that be a "C"

haha!

I edited the post after you replied. He doesn't have a "warm up" time. It takes as long as it takes.
    Also, "common sense" and "Axl Rose" aren't two phrases that are compatible. As I said, people should have googled it and found out.

Same people who expect Bob Dylan to stand there with a guitar singing an album version of The Times They Are a Changin at his gigs. Doesn't happen!

If he was professional he would be well-prepared.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

No. Thats not the reason. The reason it that he has, and has always had, a very fragile voice and it takes ages to warm up so he doesn't hurt it. Always been that way. And he has no control over how long it takes to warm up. Also, the support band didn't finish until 9.15 which didn't help. So blame them. Or the road crew.

Danko Jones were told to keep playing and after 1hr 15 even they'd had enough of themselves.
    After they went off there was still an hour and 10mins between them going off and GnR coming on around 10:25.

Please keep to the facts.

Danko Jones were told to keep playing and after 1hr 15 even they'd had enough of themselves.
    After they went off there was still an hour and 10mins between them going off and GnR coming on around 10:25.

Please keep to the facts.

Fair enough. I wasnt looking at my watch to be honest. They were late so I just enjoyed chatting to mates, had a few beers etc. Enjoyed myself. Didnt work myself up into a frenzy like some coked up drama queen.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Pink11

It's So Easy for people to just write Axl off, just cause he has the odd Breakdown, but I think people should have some Patience with him. This is a good chance for him to reconcile with his Estranged Irish audience and I'm really hoping for a mental night where Anything Goes. Seriously guys, at this stage knocking Axl is like flogging a Dead Horse. Try to remember that as a performer the guy really is One In A Million, so let's give him another chance, eh?

This!!

I'm going to go. Always worth it to see him perform.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Pink11

Axl was on one minute early at the RDS in '06. Fab show. I saw them lots of time in 2010 and they were the best shows I have ever been to.

Give him another chance. The guy has been really reaching out of late. He's doing stuff he hasn't done in YEARS - he's been doing interviews and has spoken out and said in public he won't let fans down at the hall of fame.

Moan all you want but he puts on a great show 99% of the time.

If he was professional he would be well-prepared.

Hes was the most professional in GnRs classic lineup. Theres countless clips on youtube of Slash and Duff fluffing notes, playing out of tune, clearly on drugs.

Hes was the most professional in GnRs classic lineup. Theres countless clips on youtube of Slash and Duff fluffing notes, playing out of tune, clearly on drugs.

That's echoed in Slash's book. He openly stated Rose was never into drugs, drink maybe, not never hard drugs.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,431 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

mite go to this but get seated tickets.

Wonder would MCD give free tickets to people who were at the gig in sep 2010 ??? (Id say theres more chance of Ryan Tubrity joining Metallica)

PTH2009 wrote: »
    mite go to this but get seated tickets.

Wonder would MCD give free tickets to people who were at the gig in sep 2010 ???

Why would they do that?!:confused:

They played 2 hrs 15 minutes in 2010, not including the break after he was bottled.
    PTH2009 wrote: »
    (Id say theres more chance of Ryan Tubrity joining Metallica)

Dont knock Tubsie, CRACKING metal drummer. Lovely header of the football too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

Utter bollocks. Who is the one responsible for every single GNR riot:

DING DING! W. Axl Rose

Give me Slash and Duff over the current bland faceless hired guns not to mention the cringefest that is DJ "I want to be Slash" Ashba

RonMexico wrote: »
    Utter bollocks. Who is the one responsible for every single GNR riot:

DING DING! W. Axl Rose

Give me Slash and Duff over the current bland faceless hired guns not to mention the cringefest that is DJ "I want to be Slash" Ashba

They should be re-branded as "W.Axl Rose and Guns N'Roses"

They should be re-branded as "W.Axl Rose and Guns N'Roses" tossers

EnterNow wrote: »

:D. I nearly wet meself reading that. Best use of a full stop. EVER.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

time for people to vote with the pockets, i know some people here will end up going and i hope your €100 odd isn't wasted,

But as someone else has said,

Fool me once, shame on me...

But you'll never fool me again

Advertisement