Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guns n Roses - The O2, Dublin

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,432 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Decky82 wrote: »
    Axel should not be let back in the o2, do you blame people for throwing stuff at him, coming on late...people pay god money to see him.

At least its the first gig of the tour this year. They played Belfast the day before dublin in 2010 so axl could of been burnt out or hungover from that.

I wonder are the band staying in the Gibson because its seems to be booked out the night of the concert.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

PTH2009 wrote: »
    At least its the first gig of the tour this year. They played Belfast the day before dublin in 2010 so axl could of been burnt out or hungover from that.

I wonder are the band staying in the Gibson because its seems to be booked out the night of the concert.

They'll be at The Four Seasons

• Registered Users Posts: 38,432 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

scudzilla wrote: »
    They'll be at The Four Seasons

was going to book myself in there but 280 a nite is a bit too expensive and Axl probly would be in his room the whole time

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

PTH2009 wrote: »
    i very rarley drink at gigs. i think being wasted at something you paid 75 euro is a waste

I don't drink altogether.

No point in having a night out (in general not just gigs) if you won't remember it after.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

What ever happened to being able to enjoy a few pints without getting pissed?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,642 ✭✭✭✭wolfmoon87

Remember people - drink responsibly! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Squares the lot of you

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭rock chic

Paddy GT wrote: »
    I know GN'R were selling VIP tickets for shows on their US tour ... any idea if they will be selling VIP tickets for the O2 gig?
    so ya like wasting money do ya ? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 31 RocknRollDoggy

in town getting my ticket there must be at least 250 people queueing up for the sale in Next across the road from ticketmaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

in town getting my ticket there must be at least 250 people queueing up for the sale in Next across the road from ticketmaster.

Next have a sale one, damn need to get a new shirt,

• Advertisement

I didn't bother getting a ticket.

Whether Axl shows up on time or is on good behaviour, this much should be final.

Its not a Guns 'n' Roses concert.

Seriously I would much rather see the real Slash at his own gigs than see Bumblefoot try to replicate those insane solo's on Sweet Child 'o' Mine and November Rain - its not the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,825 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

karaokeman wrote: »

Whether Axl shows up on time or is on good behaviour, this much should be final.

Seriously I would much rather see the real Slash at his own gigs than see Bumblefoot try to replicate those insane solo's on Sweet Child 'o' Mine and November Rain - its not the same.

Id love if they let both of those sounds out of the set!

And Bumblefoot is a much better guitar player than Slash. But yeah, not the original "craftsman" on the tunes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

The Nal wrote: »

Id love if they let both of those sounds out of the set!

And Bumblefoot is a much better guitar player than Slash. But yeah, not the original "craftsman" on the tunes.

Bumble is a nice guy but I hate his style of playing. Guitar wankery that leaves you cold. All this craze for the most technical fastest player just doesn't interest me one bit. I prefer the likes of Slash, Angus Young, Page, clapton, Gilmour over any bloke who's solos sound like a bloody Nintendo or in Bumble's case a roaring elephant on Shacklers Revenge.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭gammon_steak

I totally see where you're coming from but for fans of Chinese Democracy and the new era of GNR it certainly is a Guns N' Roses concert.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,825 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

RonMexico wrote: »
    Bumble is a nice guy but I hate his style of playing. Guitar wankery that leaves you cold. All this craze for the most technical fastest player just doesn't interest me one bit. I prefer the likes of Slash, Angus Young, Page, clapton, Gilmour over any bloke who's solos sound like a bloody Nintendo or in Bumble's case a roaring elephant on Shacklers Revenge.

Agree 100%. Although you forgot Neil Young.

Bumblefoot is technically superb though is what I meant.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 ventillenpimp

Went to see them in Belfast last time out!! Got tickets for O2 today and cant wait!! Dont understand why people still go on about the last concert in O2 seems to me MCD and fans where at fault for that show going tits up, everyone knew Axl would be late no great shock there!! As for the "its not the real GnR arguement" there is none, Honestly they probably sounded better in Belfast than they did in Slane!! So it all boils down to if ye dont want to go, dont buy a ticket and stop F**king moaning!!! Simples!!!!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 tannenbaum

Did anyone get seated tickets?? I tried to get seated tickets at 9am this morning and all I could get was section G or A - Surely all the other sections were not sold by then????

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭phil1nj

Dont understand why people still go on about the last concert in O2 seems to me MCD and fans where at fault for that show going tits up, everyone knew Axl would be late no great shock there!! As for the "its not the real GnR arguement" there is none, Honestly they probably sounded better in Belfast than they did in Slane!! :D

Better in Belfast than Slane.....LOL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

I wonder if that person was actually at Slane? How you could prefer this band (who I admit are technically proficient) over the guys that wrote the songs they are covering is...well, beyond me to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭smokedeels

He's hardly pleading. :rolleyes:

Well, he issued an ultimatum. I don't want to get into semantics, my point was that it was a serious departure from the attitude marketed as his/GNR's credo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 ventillenpimp

RonMexico wrote: »
    I wonder if that person was actually at Slane? How you could prefer this band (who I admit are technically proficient) over the guys that wrote the songs they are covering is...well, beyond me to be honest.
    Well i wouldnt say they were better in Belfast than Slane if i wasnt there!! I still enjoy listening to the music rather than bitching,moaning and comparing the current band members to those who walked away over 15 years ago!! Anybody who was at Slane has to admit it was'nt the best GnR concert! I have seen them live on numerous occasions and this was one of the poorest!! In my opinion!!:D

Standing tickets still available for anyone interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭gooner99

I rang the local ticket agent Today. Best seats they had were A, G, or L. I think I might go for L, row 34 which I think is the second row.

Anyone have any thoughts on that section. I guess it will be better than lower tier A or G?

Thanks Guys

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

gooner99 wrote: »
    I rang the local ticket agent Today. Best seats they had were A, G, or L. I think I might go for L, row 34 which I think is the second row.

Anyone have any thoughts on that section. I guess it will be better than lower tier A or G?

Thanks Guys

Ah I don't know. Supposing Axl is late, you're too far back to land a good hit to the side of the head with a plastic bottle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Anyone have any thoughts on that section.

*sucks in breath*
    I dunno.
    What's your throwing arm like?

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭sabrewulf

Thanks Guys

It's excellent seats. Between the upper and lower tier is some space and the lower tier is low enough not to interfere with your viewing angle. You only have one single row in front of you that could potentially block your view. I've been in this section a couple of times. Well worth it.

sabrewulf wrote: »
    It's excellent seats. Between the upper and lower tier is some space and the lower tier is low enough not to interfere with your viewing angle. You only have one single row in front of you that could potentially block your view. I've been in this section a couple of times. Well worth it.

Many thanks for this.I'll book that today,cheers

Ah I don't know. Supposing Axl is late, you're too far back to land a good hit to the side of the head with a plastic bottle.

thanks for your help.i may be getting old, but i can still stay up after 12,you should try it sometime!

I won't lie.

I've had a think and I am starting to feel tempted to go to this gig.

I just wish it was Guns 'n' Roses:(.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Axl Rose Will Not Attend Guns N' Roses' Rock and Roll Hall Induction Ceremony

""I respectfully decline my induction as a member of Guns N' Roses to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame," Rose wrote in a long letter obtained by the L.A. Times. "I strongly request that I not be inducted in absentia and please know that no one is authorized nor may anyone be permitted to accept any induction for me or speak on my behalf. Neither former members, label representatives nor the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame should imply whether directly, indirectly or by omission that I am included in any purported induction of 'Guns N' Roses.'"

Advertisement