If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

THE PHILIPS SHOP HAS BEEN CLOSED

Options
  • 27-01-2012 10:39am
    Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭

THE PHILIPS SHOP

Dear Boardies,

Unfortunately, today, January 27th 2012, we have closed The Philips Shop.
    This is not a decision that we have taken lightly – however local economic conditions and changes within Philips worldwide and locally in Ireland mean that we can no longer continue to support The Philips Shop and therefore we have taken the decision to close the shop after more than 10 years – but don’t worry:

• All existing Customers will be looked after as normal, both here via The Richer Sounds Boards Forum, via The existing Philips Shop phone line 01.474.0788 and via email sales@philipsshop.ie or of course sales@richersounds.ie . Any Customers with balances on account or outstanding deposits will be honoured in full.

• All warranty issues can be directed to Philips Customer Services on 1.800.744.5477 or Richer Sounds on 04890.321.332

As we have always done - we will of course continue to promote and support and of course sell Philips products on Boards and we would hope to be able to compete for your business even more keenly over the coming months and years.

As ever, if you have any query relating to a Philips AV product please just drop us a PM or post on the Richer Sounds Forum and we will do our best to assist – even if it’s an enquiry on an item that was not purchased from us.

Myself, Ashley and his team in The Philips Shop would like to thank you for all your business and support over the last 10 years.

As ever drop me a line if we can assist in any way,

John McDonald

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,888 ✭✭✭Soarer

That's an awful shame John.

Granted I didn't buy half enough from ye over the years, but any interraction I had with either yourself, Ash, or Nicola was always top notch.

Best of luck to everyone, and thanks for the great service.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭fiacha

Sorry to hear about this John. Thanks for all the support and great service over the last couple of years.

Best of luck to Ash and the rest of the gang for the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

It's always sad to see a business go under. But to see a business that truely valued its customers and always went that extra mile for them is even sadder.

To John, Ash and the rest of the staff, best of luck for the future. Was a pleasure doing business with you, I hope I can continue to do so in the coming years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Just bought a TV and iron in there at christmas from Ash, great service is an understatement !!

I'll be really sad to see it go :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

Ahhh, I only spotted this today. Very sad news for everyone.
    The guys who worked in the shop were some of the most helpful staff I've ever met.

I hope you all get something soon cos ye deserve it!
    Best of luck - Ger.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Brien H

Sorry to hear that John.

Found out earlier today when I called over and was surprised and saddened to see the shop closed.

Had got a quote for a 32" Phillips LED tv from Ashley a fortnight before and was calling over to see about doing a deal.

Are you still selling Phillips equipment?

B.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭MAJJ

John, very sorry to hear this.

Ash, you and your team have always been a pleasure to deal with, great fun and truly professional. You have always done all your best for customers. I wish you the very best and hope things improve.

Thanks,
    MAJJ

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Brenno

So sorry to see you guys go.. You were one of the few truely customer focused stores around and you'll be missed on dame street. All the best for the future guys...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Very sorry to hear this

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

I have to say I'm shocked, the store and the staff will be sorely missed by all here. Thanks to Ash and all for all your efforts since I started using the shop and best of luck in the future.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭who_ru

Hi all

just like to add my sadness at seeing the Philips shop closed, but with the Govt adding 2% VAT to most purchases they are just making it more difficult for businesses and consumers alike.

looking forward to dealing with you through the interweb.

Goodluck.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Pepsie

I'm very sorry to hear that John, sad news for all the community to see a very professionally run business close.
    I wish the best of luck to Ash & all of the Philips Shop crew.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭littleredspot

Sorry to hear this news. Always great service. Best of luck for the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭€>sense

Really sorry to hear this.

Very best of luck to you all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭dixiefly

I am sorry to see that the shop has closed. It will be missed.

I just bought a TV a couple of weeks ago & I was calling by as I had a small query and I noticed the curtains. Thought it was a post sale refit etc and was v sad to see it closing.

On a general point it is sad to see quite a few businesses on Dame St closing. The Mermaid Cafe across the road is a big loss also.

I think the availability of big items such as TVs on Amazon has to also have had a big impact on the business. In a way it would nearly have been easier to buy from Amazon but I am a traditionalist in a way and there are certain items I would prefer to buy in a shop. There is good value in B&M stores and if you shop around you will get just as good a value as you would online.

Some people would say to go into a shop and decide what you want and then buy online. Of course people are entitled to do this but it is not good for our economy and jobs. Where are our kids going to get work if most business is done online? I remember I had a bit of a disagreement on Boards a few years ago on a thread in which people were beside themselves with delight when the news came out that Amazon were shiopping TVs to Ireland again.

Best of luck to Ashley and all of the employees.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Very sad to hear the shop is gone, good businesses shouldn't end up like this. Best of luck to Ash, Nicola and the rest of the staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Ryanno

Hi Ash/Nicola and Co,

Was passing by today and couldn't believe my eyes!! Really sorry to hear of the closure. You were without equal for service with a smile and always willing to answer questions!!

Wish you all the best in your future employments!!

Best wishes,

Ryanno and family!

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭kao123

I only just spotted this now, really sorry to hear this, the service provided by you guys over the past few years has been second to none.

Best of luck and wishes to all of the staff in the future.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I've only ever bought two things there.

My TV stand which I spent about 6 months looking for an a DABs radio as a result of a special deal here.

Was looked after great on both occasions. Good luck lads

• Registered Users Posts: 9,794 ✭✭✭sweetie

really sorry to hear the news. Likewise the service and value has always been second to none. Thanks guys and good luck with the future.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭cdb

Very saddened to read of the closure as the Philips store. I've been a happy customer for years and dealing with Ash & Nicola and co was always a pleasure. Best of luck for the future guys, your outstanding service will be truly missed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Bought a couple of bits from you, sorry the economy is so fubar that you have called it quits, hopefully the staff have other jobs to go to.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭chemicalfred

Sorry to hear this. Have bought a few bits and pieces off Ash over the years and he was top notch. Hope all the staff get new positions elsewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Can only echo the comments regarding great customer service. Was singing it's praises to a friend buying a gaggia espresso machine a couple of weeks back. Sad to see the shop go. Best of luck with whatever is coming next.

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭The Orb

Very sorry to read this guys, good luck to you all.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭hick

Genuinely sorry to see this happen, best of luck to Ash, Nicola, Thomas and the rest of the gang. Thanks for all your help support and service over the past few years it was a pleasure to deal with you
    hick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭mcwhirter

Really sad to hear this about the philips shop. Richer sounds and now philips shop gone, where else can we go for good service and decent equipment. I had a tv exchanged last year and Ashley and the crew were most pleasant and helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

Have to echo whats already been said, sorry and sad to hear the news. Was always treated well and promptly by the crew

all the best for the future

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Ah this is sad news indeed. Was only in dublin just before xmas and made it a point going to see your shop. You guys have served us so well over the years and this only makes it extra sad.

Best of luck going forward and we hope to see you grow and grow as we all try to pull Ireland out of the gutter it's currently stuck in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭basill

Would you not consider opening up a Richer branch down here instead? I have to say I always found Philips products overpriced like most of the big brands.

If the traffic generated from Boards alone was an indicator then it would save a lot of us driving up the M1 to satisfy our AV needs. Buying online is fine if you know what you want but there is nothing like the personal touch and being able to see the gear in action.

This discussion has been closed.