If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

THE PHILIPS SHOP HAS BEEN CLOSED

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Techless

Just echoing what has already been said, many thanks to Ash and the staff there for their help in the past.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭mcwhirter

basill wrote: »
    Would you not consider opening up a Richer branch down here instead? I have to say I always found Philips products overpriced like most of the big brands.

If the traffic generated from Boards alone was an indicator then it would save a lot of us driving up the M1 to satisfy our AV needs. Buying online is fine if you know what you want but there is nothing like the personal touch and being able to see the gear in action.

There was a richer sounds on the quays a few years ago. Not sure why it closed.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

basill wrote: »
    Would you not consider opening up a Richer branch down here instead? I have to say I always found Philips products overpriced like most of the big brands.

If the traffic generated from Boards alone was an indicator then it would save a lot of us driving up the M1 to satisfy our AV needs. Buying online is fine if you know what you want but there is nothing like the personal touch and being able to see the gear in action.

Dear Boardies,

Firstly can I take the opportunity to say a huge thanks to all the Boardies who have taken the time to mention The Philips Shop on this thread and taken the time to thank my Colleagues for their service over the years - to be honest these posts have really meant a huge amount to them and to me and we appreciate them deeply.

In relation to the Philips Shop Colleagues who you all seem to love now ( it didn't seem like that when you were all haggling about prices over the last 10 years :D) thankfully we only have one remaining who is job-hunting and we are hopeful of a positive outcome for him over the coming weeks - However if anyone out there is looking for a really technically astute Colleague who is fully versed in Customer Service - drop me a line and I'll pass their details on to you..

On the 'why don't we open a Richer Sounds in Dublin question' we have been asked this many times, we did have an RS in Dublin until 2003 and we have taken the decision to focus on the Belfast branch which serves the whole of Ireland - I know you have heard this 10,000 times but the margins we operate on are wafer thin and the costs of operation including VAT / Rent & Colleagues are still significantly lower in the North of Ireland than the ROI hence our decision to operate from a single outlet - however we would never completely shut the book on another RS branch in the ROI...

As ever we do ship daily Countrywide across Ireland from Belfast and indeed now direct from the main RS warehouse in Manchester - as ever have a look at www.richersounds.ie or www.richersounds.com in the 1st instance and then give us a call or drop us a line and we will do our best for Boardies in relation to advice or pricing.

Back to The Philips Shop - whilst it is now closed, we will of course continue to stand over any warranty issues and we continue to fully support Philips products both old and new and even if they were not purchased from us .....(can't wait to get a look at the new TV range..) and we may even have some super Boardie deals over the next week ;);)..

Thanks again - if we can help - just give us a shout,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cabrwab

In 99 i bought my first DVD player,pioneer, through richer sounds in that shop.
    Only place i could get a region chip, bought another region hacked one off you on the quays.

Was thrilled when i found out it was still you guys.

Sad to see it go.

Thanks for the Blu-ray player, and the living colour, both products purchased through here.

best of luck guys.

A trip to belfast is dangourous, she'll make a flipping weekend out of it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

Very sad to hear of the Philips shop closing.

I bought a few TVs off Ashley and the lads over the last few years and sent just as much business their way through friends and work colleagues. Everyone I know would much prefer to talk to someone in store and they all raved about the after sales service. My Mam even loved the help with getting the big TVs into small cars on a busy Dame Street! Such a pity the store won't have a physical tax-paying-job-creating presence in the South anymore.

Wish all the staff the best in their future careers. Send any prospective employers the link to this forum and I'm sure none of ye will have any problems!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Aussie Sean

Yet another closed shop in our city!!

Best customer service bar none from everyone in The Phillips Shop. Nichola went to great lengths when I got my TV there a few years ago,from the purchase to the aftersales.

Best of luck to all the staff for their futures.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Reesy

Sorry to see you go, guys. Glad to see you'll still be covering this market from Belfast.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

Indirectly related;
    Peats Electronics is to close with immediate effect, very sad news all the employees, and really the end of an era.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭stanley1

3 shops in that small area gone, alliance electrical, philips and now peats.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

gman2k wrote: »
    Indirectly related;
    Peats Electronics is to close with immediate effect, very sad news all the employees, and really the end of an era.

Word is that Peats is to reopen!
    http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2012/0423/breaking38.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Mod Comment:

I think that this thread has served it's purpose at this stage, it will remain here as a notice but I'm closing it for any further comment.

Thanks for all the good wishes.

Ritz.

This discussion has been closed.