Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone know how to make myspace songs available for free download?

Options
  • 27-01-2012 10:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭

Hi I'm wondering if anyone here can help me find out how to make songs on myspace available for free download?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Are you looking to make the songs on your own profile downloadable?

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭The Jammy dodger

Malice wrote: »
    Are you looking to make the songs on your own profile downloadable?
    Yes that is what the op is all about . Thanks :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭The Jammy dodger

Well does anyone know how to do this? I'm a bit stuck at the moment and would appreciate all the help and advice I can get. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

I don't know the answer to your question as I've never used myspace. What you could do though, is switch to soundcloud. Much more music orientated network and easier to make your songs available.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

Myspace has gone into such disrepair, I can't even play songs on it anymore, always says buffering... for whatever reason. Its unusable, slow and buggy. Soundcloud is ok but it just lets you connect with other musicians, I prefer last fm as its easier to build up a fan base with it, but the interface is a bit horrid. Bandcamp is also a good place to make your songs downloadable. I know this doesn't answer your question but myspace is kinda obsolete with these alternatives afaik and its completely let itself go too in being very cumbersome to use.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Yes that is what the op is all about . Thanks :-)
    Okay well it wasn't too clear. Now that it is clear, I logged into my old band's page, went to manage songs and had a look around. The music that was on our page was previously downloadable but I haven't been near the page in over two years and MySpace appear to have changed things in that time. Now the download option has become a "Buy" option.

On the edit page, each song seems to have 3 options - share, edit and delete. Share supposedly shares the song but I've no idea where. Edit allows info about the song to be changed and delete does exactly what it says on the tin.
    Honestly I've no idea where the setting is and documentation is very thin on the ground. This suggests that downloading is no longer possible.

If you do find a way make sure to update this thread :).

Advertisement