Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Appealing one week ban in trains and rail subforum (Commuting and Transport)

Options
  • 27-01-2012 11:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭

The moderator (Chris) banned me for one week and accused me of trolling. My original post was deleted without explanation, I thought there was a software bug. I was also banned with no warning or notice given.

At this point in time, I need to state that in my opinion, the moderation style is excessively highhanded considering the nature of the issue.

I've tried reconciliation and compromise, but to no avail. The original decision stands, and there seems to be no changing that.

Regards

Dermo88

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

I've looked at the ban.

Looks like you posted a video link (which does seem to be designed to cause offence, particularly with the text of your post) on 3 different occasions - the last being immediately after a mod deleted it amongst others and posted a message about cleaning up the thread.

Whether it was trolling or not is a subjective decision - one man's troll is another's comedian. However, reposting something questionable immediately after a mod deletes it is simply asking for a ban. On that alone, ban upheld.

Regarding the question moderation style being "excessively highhanded considering the nature of the issue" - in general we don't bring the particular issue into it - either the moderation is correct or it's not within the context of a given forum (e.g. After Hours has different moderation compared with Personal Issues).

In this case the moderation seems fine, but I do note that you personally have 6 bans and 8 infractions. I'd suggest you think about changing how you interact with others on the site.

Upheld.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement