Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

black screen.

Options
  • 27-01-2012 11:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭

Hope someone can help here.

When I try to access boards.ie from my home computer I get a few seconds of boards.ie then my screen goes completely black.

However I don't experience this from my phone or iPad.

Any suggestions?.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

What you are supposed to see is the statement from DeVore regarding the SOPA-like legislation being brought in by the current government. If you just see a black screen then it's an issue - what is your browser, browser version and operating system at home?

Pressing the ESC key will dismiss the notice and set a cookie by the way, but I'd prefer to solve this issue in case it's happening for other users rather than just have one user know how to dismiss it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

What you are supposed to see is the statement from DeVore regarding the SOPA-like legislation being brought in by the current government. If you just see a black screen then it's an issue - what is your browser, browser version and operating system at home?

Pressing the ESC key will dismiss the notice and set a cookie by the way, but I'd prefer to solve this issue in case it's happening for other users rather than just have one user know how to dismiss it

Ok I downloaded Firefox and got the SOPA notice. I used a link in that to access boards.ie (I'm using firefox atm).

I'm not getting the SOPA notice on Google Chrome, just the black screen.

So it's not working in Chrome then - are you Windows XP, Vista or Windows 7?

Can you click the Spanner icon beside the address bar in Chrome and click "About google Chrome" and tell me the version number?

So it's not working in Chrome then - are you Windows XP, Vista or Windows 7?

Can you click the Spanner icon beside the address bar in Chrome and click "About google Chrome" and tell me the version number?

I'm running XP and the Chrome version number is - 16.0.912.77 m (up to date).

All I can say is to make sure your scrollbar is at the top :/ If that doesn't work then fire away and press the ESC key on the keyboard to dismiss it as it's a problem local to you. I've just set up XP and Chrome to check, I got the popup.

190051.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭theparish

I had the same problem with Chrome running on Vista(one of a list of problems with Vista),I just hit esc as suggested and everything is working fine now.Thanks.

Cheer's.

This is the first time I've used Firefox and boards.ie is running smoother, think I'll stick with it.

Thanks for your help all the same.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement