Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bike Stolen from Newcastle area

Options
  • 27-01-2012 11:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭

Howdy folks, woke up this morning to find my bike stolen from my boiler house.
    Its a blue frame Giant Rock SE with suntour forks on the front, has riser type handlebars, silver front wheel, black back wheel and road tyres on it.

I know its a long shot, but any help with this would be appreciated. Its not worth that much, but it was my day to day mode of transport and im really stuck without it, being out in newcastle.

I'll be nice and offer a reward for its return. Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

That sucks! Was it locked up?

Best of luck. Maybe post to freecycle and see if you can swing a free bike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭2rkehij30qtza5

Have you tried the Gardai in Salthill? If your bike is not there, they do a 'sale' of all retrieved bikes every so often so you could pick up a bike there very cheaply....basically a bike that was stolen, retrieved by Gardai and never claimed by the owner. Just call into the station in Salthill to see when the next bike sale is on!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Keep a check in the pawn shop on Eglinton street too - I found my stolen bike upstairs in there one day when I just happened to be up browsing the guitars.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

RINO87 wrote: »
    Its a blue frame Giant Rock SE with suntour forks on the front, has riser type handlebars, silver front wheel, black back wheel and road tyres on it.
    I haven't a clue what all that means. Pics?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Don't know what year he has, as colour schems vary year-to-year. But here is the general idea:
    giant-rock-w-06.jpg

Was going to say, if you're working and can afford a few bob a month... maybe this is a sign to look in to the bike2work scheme (you can include accessories... like a lock or two!)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

That's a cough ladies cough bicycle!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 fintanforde

I had my bike stolen from Kirwans Lane today. I had left it there for an hoour while I had a few in Buskers. A blue Raleigh mountain bike. I wouldn't mind but I had the saddle taken of it. Reported it to the cops but sure what can they do.

At least I have my saddle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

Awww I was in a good mood this makes me feel so crappy that people would to that. :eek: I don't know anything about bikes I'm afraid. But with any luck the feicers who took them slip up and ye find them somewhere. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭RINO87

Cheers for the info guys. I have no pics of it as it was really just a frame that i rescued and converted into a road bike.hope i see the ****er on it someday and can jump him to the ground in the middle of heavy traffic!! Most likely taken by a lazy student that didnt fancy a long walk home. sickened because i have two locks for it for when im in town, bit naive in not locking it up at home, but i thought it would be safe enough.

you live, you learn.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

RINO87 wrote: »
    Cheers for the info guys. I have no pics of it as it was really just a frame that i rescued and converted into a road bike.hope i see the ****er on it someday and can jump him to the ground in the middle of heavy traffic!! Most likely taken by a lazy student that didnt fancy a long walk home. sickened because i have two locks for it for when im in town, bit naive in not locking it up at home, but i thought it would be safe enough.

you live, you learn.

if it was locked it may have been taken and discarded nearby. My bike was stolen from in from of my house but found it a week later thrown over a wall. sometimes these thing are done out of pure divilment.

• Advertisement
Advertisement