Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killing Joke, Dublin, 2 March 2012

Options
  • 27-01-2012 12:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭

ORIGINAL THREAD TITLE: Icarus Line to support Killing Joke

Hell yeah

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭ned rierson

brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭demixed

They haven't got the irish date listed thou, just from the start of the uk tour on...

is this cancelled ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,069 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

well, ticketmaster.ie still sells tickets. . .
    I just hope we are not in for any surprises.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Why would it be cancelled?

I know Logikparty are supporting at this. It could be just them or both Logikparty and Icarus Line. In that case, very sweet lineup for a gig which annoyingly I won't be able to make. :(

• Advertisement

Because killing joke havent listed the gig anywhere, but have listed all the uk & euro dates just like they did last time for electric picnic. Or because Icarus Line told me the dublin gig was cancelled. Or because POD refuse to comment on it via facebook, twitter or the emails. And someone has quoted Youth as not knowing anything about a Dublin gig...

Plenty of reasons to think the gig is cancelled, take your pick! :(

Sounds very like Electric Picnic last year...

well, I sent POD a message, don't know if anybody would answer it on time.
    For me the important thing is that I have an alternative for another concert on that day, so I would like to know if Killing Joke are not happening in order to buy a ticket for this other concert.

Someone on the facebook page has just said that button factory have confirmed its cancelled

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭quaidox

yeah but killing joke haven't got the irish gig listed on their gigs page, and they wont comment on all the people asking if the gig is on via their facebook page. it's not looking good......

• Advertisement

Sounds like there's some serious communication issues between POD and Killing Joke. :/

demixed wrote: »
    Someone on the facebook page has just said that button factory have confirmed its cancelled

you are probably right. The event is no longer in the calendar at the Button Factory website.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Planemo

This is the response I got from POD's twitter:
    awaiting on word from mgmt. should know more on Tues. as far as me know it's going ahead. Heard they did postpone uk dates

Dublin: People of Ireland Killing Joke wish it to be known that The upcoming show was only ever very briefly confirmed and then unconfirmed several months ago. The reason why it seems to have remained on sale when it was very clearly cancelled within the first few days of being booked are as much of a mystery to us as I'm sure it is to you lot. We are genuinely sorry not to be coming to Ireland on this tour but that will be rectified and we will come back very soon.

The people responsible for the continued sale of tickets will be beaten, sliced and thrown to dogs.

We are told (or was 5 months ago) that full and total refunds will be given.

WE WILL BE BACK

how lovely. . .
    And I thought that things like this only happen in Greece (my home country). . .

• Registered Users Posts: 21,049 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

This is the response I got from POD's twitter:
    they didn't cancel any uk dates??

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭quaidox

it's defo cancelled, got text and email from ticketmaster saying ticket will be refunded.
    from the KJ facebook:
    Dublin: People of Ireland Killing Joke wish it to be known that The upcoming show was only ever very briefly confirmed and then unconfirmed several months ago. The reason why it seems to have remained on sale when it was very clearly cancelled within the first few days of being booked are as much of a mystery to us as I'm sure it is to you lot. We are genuinely sorry not to be coming to Ireland on this tour but that will be rectified and we will come back very soon. The people responsible for the continued sale of tickets will be beaten, sliced and thrown to dogs. We are told (or was 5 months ago) that full and total refunds will be given. WE WILL BE BACK

• Registered Users Posts: 21,049 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I actually couldn't even listen to kj today...gutted

Hope they come back and actually make it this time. One consolation is that I wouldn't have been able to make it on the 2nd March anyway...

Advertisement