Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

From zero to ???

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭hot to trot

Leg improving rapidly. Will try a swim later

Friday 23rd Swim

Sunday 25th Cross trainer 30 mins. Cant do longer as my feet go numb.???

Monday 26th Row 30 mins

Tuesday 27th Ran 1:12 8 miles.avg 9.03mm. No HRM Leg got sore so stopped.

Wednesday 28th Swim. Big toenail nearly came off in pool, so after two weeks eventually managed to get at blister under it and drain it . Now its happily stuck down again . Phew.

Thursday 29th 10 miles 1:36 9.40mm ( 153) 1:1

Friday 30th 5.7M :56 9:57mm (145)

Was pushed for time so didnt get far. Made effort to keep HR slow even though I wasnt going far.

Saturday 1st Dec. 10M 1:42 10:14mm ( 146)

Hated this run. Planned on much longer and aborted after 10 and went home to seek consolation in the fridge :(

Running going very badly . Have completely lost any routine and habit of running .Since after Dublin I have barely managed 3 runs a week Plans gone out the window and totally fed up, apart from the blip of sixmilebridge. Pace and fitness dropping and weight going up and rather than being inspired by all the other training logs they just make me feel depressed.
    Think I better take a large glass of water , 2 HTFU pills and just try to get back to old routine and see if that might restart things.

Sunday 1st December
    Time to get back on the wagon. Wont get fitter having a big moan.:o

19.5 Miles 3:12 ( 157) 1:1. Forget avg pace

Monday 2nd Dec Swim 40 lengths

BTW. Just heard yesterday that I have been transferred from Waiting list to entrant for February.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

BTW. Just heard yesterday that I have been transferred from Waiting list to entrant for February.

Congrats. Are you going to give magnets Irish record a bash?

Ya must be joking . Im a million miles off that standard. LOL
    I think its more realistic to hope for something around the ton .?100

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

Ya must be joking . Im a million miles off that standard. LOL
    I think its more realistic to hope for something around the ton .?100
    no ur not,ill be expectin at least 200km outta ya..

ultraman1 wrote: »
    no ur not,ill be expectin at least 200km outta ya..

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaha. To get that you would need to get the 100 in about 19 hours and theres not a chance of that . My marathon pace is kind of 10 minute miles which is what you need to run at for 24 to get that kind of tally.
    Could you run your marathon pace for that long? well you probably could :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Could you run your marathon pace for that long? well you probably could :-)

Obviously he can't otherwise you wouldn't have pipped him in Sixmilebridge ;)

• Advertisement

Tuesday 4th December. 11 Miles. incl 3 @ 10k pace . Head like a golfball after a few assaults by vicious hailstones.

Will have to buy another pair of runners, barely getting mine dry before its time to go out in them again .:o

Thursday 56th December 8pm

15M 2:23 9:34 ( 156) cold/wind/hail/rain but enjoyed it, as run wasnt any effort at all tonight. Must be a masochist.

Friday 7th December 8pm

10 M Forget the details apart from HR ( 150)

Saturday 8th Dec.
    5pm 20M 3:23 10;09mm ( 152)

Weeks now since I had a dry run. LOL Think I will have to move out of this county next weekend and run .... anywhere else :p

Sunday 9th 10am 19M 3:10 I think.

10 M + local 10k + another 3M to finish off. 30s walk each mile. Almost had a dry one but the ould drizzly rain just couldnt stay away.

Monday 10th Dec.

Swim. 32 lengths . Arms tired after all the running . Otherwise fine

. Arms tired after all the running

what way do u run:p..

Better question might be -what way do I swim !!!:eek:

Better question might be -what way do I swim !!!:eek:
    real runners do it in the nip:eek:...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

A bit late to the party, I know ....
    To get that you would need to get the 100 in about 19 hours

That's correct, judging from personal experience.
    ... and theres not a chance of that

I wouldn't be so sure about that. Certainly not out of the question in the long term! The pace for that is not 10:00, btw, it's 11:24!

Tuesday 11th December

9M avg 9.48mm ( 148 bpm) recovery run. Didnt feel calf would manage any kind of pace work .
    1st run with no rain in ages :) What a delight

• Advertisement

Wednesday 12th December.

10M. 1:28 ( 159avg) 8:51mm 5 deg and rain again :(
    Not quite as it seems.... walked one minute at the start of every mile and spend the rest of the mile legging it as 80-85% heart rate effort until it was time to start the next walk break -except for the first mile.

Friday 14th December
    Swim 50 lengths in the morning

Run at 9pm 13M avg 9:40mm (154) No walks.

Really enjoyed this run and could have stayed out for another hour. Only downside was with NO rain and fabulous clear skies I stood in a roadkill white rat while looking up at the stars:eek:

Saturday 15th December 26.2M 5:02
    Another disaster day in Portumna. Calf in bother from mile 2 (being stiff and sore) and I was afraid to push it . Thought it wiser to practice fast walking and then mentally trying to force myself with run/walk mixes until running had guts in uncontrolled mode.
    With loos locked I had to resort to grass and leaves but at least I could get running again .

Cathys man noted that I always have bad days in Portumna and I have since been thinking about this. I think its because I have to get up at 5.40 and am in the car for nearly 3 hours and then I have to get out and run. I am so stiff and inflexible in the mornings that I just cant run until I have been moving about for at least an hour or two. This morning my bad calf was stiff and sore but after being up and about for a while it felt much better. If I have to run with it like this its a disaster. I rarely have a sore run in the evening. I think for early morning runs like this again I will try to stay over , close by and see if it makes any difference.

Sunday Nil. Would have been shot by family. I was "late" for our Christmas family meal after the Portumna marathon and they insisted that I didnt have time for a shower , so I had to sit and have meal in muddy and ****ty running gear while they were in their finery.:mad:

Will take rest day today instead of tomorrow as I havent any after effects of Saturday seeing as I didnt run fast or enough :rolleyes:

I have my own unique road that has had many exciting ups and heart-breaking downs, but one thing I know is that my journey is not over and the best is yet to come.

Ryan Hall, Olympic marathoner

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Marthastew

I have my own unique road that has had many exciting ups and heart-breaking downs, but one thing I know is that my journey is not over and the best is yet to come.

Ryan Hall, Olympic marathoner

I saw that one this morning F, it put a smile on my face:)
    Hope the calf gets better for you, I can recommend Rice Krispie squares for occasional medicinal use:D

Haha. Yes i thought it was worth sharing .:-)
    Just gave recipe for Marthastew squares to a patient of mine this morning.
    I Will run tonight , and Im sure it will behave after being on it all day.

Also going to take the 6 photos of BEFORE.... so I can compare them with progress after one month , two months etc to see if I am getting anywhere with my starting yoga. I was going to do them this morning , but one of them is where you hold your foot and try to extend it out to the side while standing on the other leg. I couldn't even reach my foot , so I think I will get a towel later and try again . Target was supposed to be to touch ankles by next February but I am not sure if that's a bit too ambitious for me :-(

Tuesday 18th December 9pm. dry and stormy.

14M 9:58mm ( 150) 1:1 Leg feeling as it usually does. Shoulder very sore after 4.5 hours painting ceilings. Missed last 2 days running but it feels like a week. First bloody toenail- can I claim to be a real runner now ?:rolleyes:

Friday 21st December 9.30pm

20M 3:30 10:31mm(146) 4:1 .Lasing rain for last 2 hours.

Sunday 23rd December , Midnight

6M :53 mins 8:51mm (156)

Monday 24th December 7.30pm

20M 3:15 9:46mm ( 153) all run. Hadnt planned on going so far and nearly died of thirst. Was almost tempted to lick the rain off the cars :eek:

Tuesday 25th December 9pm
    5 Miles :46 mins 9:14mm (153)

Thursday 27th December 8.30pm

3:00 About 18 miles. ( 148) Garmin switched off inside jacket. 6 deg and horizontal rain . Had planned much longer run but ended up bailing out :(

Friday 28th December 6.30pm Stormy, mostly dry, V mild 11 deg

10 M 1:36 9:38mm (148)

Almost bailed out after 7 miles running around track in the dark but managed to get to 10M before calling it a day .Need to stop cutting runs short.

• Advertisement

Saturday 29th December 9.35am 6 deg,windy and showery

29M. Garmin switched off ,not sure of time but marathon was 4.22.
    ( 151) 1:1 run walk.

Advertisement