Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

From zero to ???

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

great trainin latly h2tkeep it up and feb will be a stroll for ya

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭hot to trot

Monday 31th December. Lovely day+mild . Royal Canal Marathon

26.2? M . Easy effort throughout. Garmin switched off and missed about 3 miles. 5:30s ratio Run:walk

Walked a lot of last 4 miles to keep fallen Comrade company and make sure he didnt collapse into the canal after a serious collision with a wall at 21 Miles. Great recovery for him to make it over the finish line.
    Tough underfoot at times as Im not used to slippy muck. Did a few disco twists trying not to fall in for a swim. Think overall time was about 4:51ish

Wednesday 2nd January

11 Miles tempo run

Thursday 3rd January. 10 degrees dry :)

14 miles. 2:19 run/walk 1:50 Calves still feeling the effects of mud running on Monday.
    Struggling with NO rubbish diet :(

Saturday 5th January. 10 degrees relentless rain

34M 5:51. Weather like sixmilebridge. Rain Stopped when I got home and had hot shower typical :rolleyes:
    Feet tender but rest of me ok.

run:walk 4 : 50

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭DigiJem

Savage mileage h2t, what are you training for?

A 24 hour at the end of February. Fingers crossed I will make it to 100M

wat sort of nick were u in after ur run last nite

grand once my feet dried out and I got to sit down for an hour or two. Daughters 18th birthday is today so she had a few friends over before they went out . I think I ate all the leftovers :o

Back to normal today, no aches or anything . its because of the run/ walk that I dont get sore. I dont seem get DOMS no matter how far I go

grand once my feet dried out and I got to sit down for an hour or two. Daughters 18th birthday is today so she had a few friends over before they went out . I think I ate all the leftovers :o

Back to normal today, no aches or anything . its because of the run/ walk that I dont get sore. I dont seem get DOMS no matter how far I go
    ....nice................ well den,go out again for a few loosenerupper miles

• Advertisement

Will do when I get some gear dry. Torch got right soaking yesterday and I cant get it to turn off without taking out batteries.
    Had to go furniture shop earlier as well. Should get out about 10pm I guess

Tuesday 8th January 2013 dry, foggy , 4 Deg

14 Miles 2:11 avg 9:23 (154) all run

Missed last two days. Harder to get out when back at work , will really have to make more effort. New runners due , so at least I will always have a dry pair , even if one is worn out.

miles this year 73/runs 4

Wedneesday 9th January 4 deg, dry

Meagre 5 miles. Aborted run. Getting massive blister under bit toe due to new insoles and couldnt force myself to finish out the run. Annoyed with self. Will make up for it , hopefully

Friday 11th January 9.30pm 3 deg, dry :-)/B]

10 Miles 1:35 avg 9:35mm (152)

Saturday 12th January 6 deg. Portumna Marathon +

30 Miles 5:10 ,( marathon time 4.30) (148) Avg 10:21 overall ,

although running marathon miles in less than 10 minutes, but lots of mini delays getting drinks and stuff at car on laps , and long toilet break.
    Extra 4 miles were all about 10.30ish for longer walk breaks.
    Legs tired after late run last night so did 5 mins:30 seconds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

When is the big race Finn?
    You are putting in some great miles.

Sunday 13th January, drizzle, 7 deg, 9.30pm

14.5 Miles 2:18 (147) All run. Really enjoyed this tonight and the run without walk breaks was good for my confidence too as I was beginning to wonder if I was only able to go on run/walk for longer stretches.

February 23rd/24th Meno :eek::eek::eek:

Tuesday 15th January, gym treaddie 8.30pm

8 Miles.. forgot garmin so no idea of time or heartrate.

Thought I might run inside for a change, to see what it was like to be in a warmer environment. At the start of my running , I thought treadmill was easier than running outside but this evening I found it much harder on my calf muscles and more of an effort. This surprised me , so am going to train this week in the gym and see how I get on .

Wednesday 16th January. Gym Treaddie

Only had time for 26kmn 16.25Miles

so with the convenience of electronics I pushed the pace and legged the last 90 minutes. Wore new runners for first time. Different kind of fit to last pair and felt a hot spot on side of toe. HOpe I can break them in on time or source a diffferent pair

Thursday 17th January , treadmill

Slovenly today :-( did manage 50 minutes fast walking on treadmill. Calves really found this tough and new runners are such a disappointment. about 3 miles

Friday 18th January, cold, constant heavy drizzle

24 Miles 4 hours avg 10mm (143) Run/walk. Calves tight from walking !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

Friday 18th January, cold, constant heavy drizzle

24 Miles 4 hours avg 10mm (143) Run/walk. Calves tight from walking !

Tough one out there today alright. I had an LSR of 17 miles but every time I turned Eastwards the hail and wind were relentless!

• Advertisement

Saturday 19th January 6pm Cold, dry :)

Didnt get out early enough for proper long run but eventually did ...

14 miles 2:20 avg 10mm ( 135)!!

Sunday 20th January , Calm cold, dry,beautiful.

34 miles 5:42 avg 10.05mm (142) 5:40sec run/walk

First 10 miles were misery. Tied laces too tight on new runners on left foot and was limping by mile 8 with a kind of acute shin splits pain . Loosened them up and kept going. Started to ease by 19 miles and felt much better by the end. Fab day for a run around the lake, and about 10 minutes faster than the last one , in fairness it was lashing rain then.

:eek:Tally for the week is 99 miles. FE*K. DO i hop on treadmill to get the last one , in my possibly career best of weekly mileage , or do I just settle for double digits :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

1 more mile for sure :D

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭jonny99

Mad stuff Finn, keep it going -taper's not far off:)

Sunday 10pm

I mile( in slippers and belly full of toast and pasta)

12.5 minutes. :D:D:D Recovery run . Snigger

WEEKLY TOTAL 100 MILES . YAY :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

Great going Finn!
    Was that lake in question Lough Conn? Good roads/route?

`Yes. Ballina to Crossmolina is small back roads with the odd tractor, Lahardane to Pontoon and Knockmore is busier but the road is wide enough for all except one short bit, Back to Ballina on wide road. Sunday was definitley quieter than on Saturday. Scenic in places but not like Bofeenaun or the Shraheen run between Keenagh and Newport.

Pity I am not quicker as we could run together or shadow each other on some lesser known routes. Or perhaps I could borrow a bike ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭RubyK

Incredible milage hot to trot, you are one tough cookie :D

Had a reality check today and got a bit paralyzed with fear. Set up a charity page for sponsorship for Cystic Fibrosis. I'm overwhelmed already at how generous people are being .Thanks guys.

Also Meno scaring the sh*t out of me ! Meno, it aint going to happen !But thanks for the vote of confidence anyway.:D

So only getting out for my run now ( 11pm)

BTW http://www.mycharity.ie/event/run24finn

• Advertisement

Very slack week so far.
    Decided to try doubles and split mileage for the day .

Did 9 Miles Early Wednesday morning . Didnt get home from work until 9.30pm and after the early start was so knackered I just didnt have the energy to go out.

Was still wrecked Thursday morning so next trip out was last night Thursday 25th for 17 miles. walk run again . Feet very tender. Not sure if its the mileage or the new runners?

2:54 avg 10:20 overall. No heart rate as nearly gave myself double mastectomy with the bra and heart monitor strap I had on the other morning.:mad: HR is low all the time anyway as all runs are at very easy pace for endurance work so its not really that relevant. Havent had HR up for weeks now.

Advertisement