Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

F.A Cup 4th round - Watford away

Options
  • 27-01-2012 12:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭

Ok guys since we have a few injury doubts tonight with Bale Kaboul and Parker all doubtful, what kind of team would you like to see played?
    Maybe something like:

Cudicini
    Walker
    Bassong
    Dawson
    Rose
    Pienaar
    Livermore
    Modric
    kranckjar
    Defoe
    Pav

Having VdV, Lennon and Ade on the bench in case we need them. I really want us to get through this round and get a favourable home draw in next round, and from there you can be in the QF and dreaming of Wembley. This could be our trophy this season COYS!!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I'm only 28 but I really miss the days the FA Cup was treated like the champions league is now it could define your whole season, it's going the way of the league cup now. Anyway, your team sounds good to me. I wouldn't be pushing anyone but it would be nice to get a good win and handy draw.

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭oppiuy

DAmn this is only on Espn.. Gonna have to stream it so

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

I'd like to see some players rested and some youth given a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

I'd like to see some players rested and some youth given a chance.

Most of the younger players who played in Europa are gone out on loan, Falque, Townsend, Kane and Carroll too now i think. Also there is enough in the squad to rest a few and still have proven players in the 11.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

I think your team is spot on to be honest. Keep the stronger guys on the bench in case, but rest key players.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

C'mon you Orns ;)

Harry really wants this cup, he is gone very strong. COYS!!!!

What a team out there today COYS!!!
    Harry obviously still pissed we didn't win it two seasons ago

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Tottenham: Cudicini, Walker, Kaboul, Dawson, Rose, Parker, Van der Vaart, Modric, Livermore, Adebayor, Defoe.

Spurs forward Rafael van der Vaart has set his sights on ending Tottenham's 21-year-wait for FA Cup glory. "Everyone wants to win it, me too," said the Dutchman. "When I was little I always watched the FA Cup final. It would be a dream to play in it."

As much as his dropping deep frustrates me, I love the guys attitude!

VDV puts us 1 up we've been crap though modric needs to go centre Lennon left

• Advertisement

VDV puts us 1 up we've been crap though modric needs to go centre Lennon left

Yupp, poor poor half. Modric needs to start passing better and Ade needs a kick up the ass. Very lacklustre overall. As you say we need Lennon to add some width.

Lennon for modric

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

This is one awful performance by us. Really terrible.

Kiith wrote: »
    This is one awful performance by us. Really terrible.

Bloody shocking performance, what is Adebayors's problem???? I think we need to sign a striker.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Performance not the best but enough done to see us through to the next round,that's all that matters lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Awful game, I'm ashamed to say I found myself flicking over and back to the snooker.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

a win is a win.

not an enjoyable game at all and i feel we were quite lucky to keep a clean sheet.

anyway roll on the draw sunday :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Lennon's done his hamstring in:(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,744 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

ziedth wrote: »
    Awful game, I'm ashamed to say I found myself flicking over and back to the snooker.

Nothing to be ashamed off, we all watch a little snooker from time to time ....

Oh you mean ... erh,

• Registered Users Posts: 7,777 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Stevenage away next round, not bad at all. The cup really is up for grabs this year with both Mancs out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

Handy draw for us

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Great Draw , COYS

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭endabob1

A poor selection, we were too narrow and that played into Watfords hands, we created very little & Adebayor looked disinterested.
    Don't understand why Pienaar wasn't started on one side and maybe Kranjcar on the other, or play Danny Rose further forward.

The draw has been kind to us though & as long as Ledleys knees hold up for climbing the steps in May we won't remember how poor the 4th round game was :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

Has giantkilling written all over it!, "should" be a handy one, but Harry could start with a second eleven, the rain could be pi$$ing down and stevenage lads flying in with tackles left right and centre and before you know it, its all going wrong!

Advertisement