Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Checklist on a Tablet while out of office and offline

Options
  • 27-01-2012 12:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭

Not sure if this is the correct forum so feel free to move.

I am just wondering if it is possible to develop a website which consists of a form or checklist type form that can be used to compile a report when out of the office.

For example if I was on a building site somewhere and had to compile a report on the health and safety of it (for arguments sake) and I had a tablet with me be it iPad or some other version and I accessed the site with the form and for question 1. is a yes / no question, when no is ticked no further action is required, but when yes is ticked then a drop down of ten possible options appears and one of these needs to be chosen.

All questions would be like this, and once completed the info is uploaded to the website to be accessed by only those given a username and password. This info is then transferred to a database back in the office from which standard letters containing the info ticked or unticked can be sent to the client.

My main question is if the building site is in the middle of nowhere and has no internet connection or coverage, could this site and form be filled out while offline say a standard form on the internal memory of the tablet and then uploaded once coverage becomes available again without having to go through the whole process of ticking boxes and selecting options again.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

http://www.quora.com/What-is-an-iOS-outline-style-checklist-app-that-syncs-to-a-Mac-app-and-has-a-nice-UI

I Have not used it, but it seems like it works online and syncs to ios or android and then you use it normally and it then syncs back when you are connected to the internet again later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

Ok so now I know it can be done, does anyone know how to create a drop down box with options, I have one that has a question for example:

Is it warm outside? then a drop down box with two options Yes and No

If yes I dont need any other info, however, if no is selected I want another drop down box to appear, with a few options in it such as:

1. Its raining

2. Its snowing

3. Its just cold

Anyone have any suggestions of where to get the code for doing this on HTML or would it have to be done using Javascript?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭amen

yes you can do this on a website (better then the link below which ties you to mac/ipads etc). Just google html checkboxes and away you go.

You will need somewhere to host it. Somewhere to store the answers.
    What about security ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

amen wrote: »
    yes you can do this on a website (better then the link below which ties you to mac/ipads etc). Just google html checkboxes and away you go.

You will need somewhere to host it. Somewhere to store the answers.
    What about security ?

I was wondering about security alright but was thinking the IT section can sort that. Thought maybe the cloud or google docs could store them until they are synced with the office. Just wanted to get an idea of whether or not it's possible to do before I go any further with it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

Wunderlist seems to be cross platform. I have never used it but according to that link it is.

• Advertisement
Advertisement