Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rice Krispie bars, with dates

Options
  • 27-01-2012 1:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I want to make rice krispie bars but with dates, I've had them a couple of times before myself, and imagine they would be simple enough to make but any recipe I see online seems to be full of sugar. I figured I would just cook up some chopped dates in a little water with some butter, coat my krispies, line my tin with them and then cover in a layer of chocolate..

Anyone have any tips? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Eviledna

I would reckon that getting them to adhere together would be the issue with these. Could you cook them up with water and with some honey to create a syrup type caramel? That would be the replacement for a marshmallow type glue for the krispies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

Surprisingly my mother had a recipe, written down some time in the 80's..

It calls for dates butter and sugar (not too much sugar), allow them to cook down and melt together, add the rice krispies and coat well, cover with chocolate once they're in the tin...

I don't think I waited long enough for the melting to happen and I most certainly added too many rice krispies, about to cut them now, hopefully the chocolate has held them together just enough!!

Advertisement