Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Samsing 32'' inch LED tv? looks like a really good deal

• 27-01-2012 2:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭

Hey. Looking for a new tv. Thinking about the Samsung 32'' LED below.

http://www.harveynorman.ie/samsung-hd-ready-tv-32-led-tv-ue32d4000.html

I dont mind that its only HD Ready and not Full HD since I personally dont think you can see a difference until you go above 40''. Also I will be upgrading from a non HD TV so the difference will be pretty good to me.

What I cant figure out is why is it cheaper than the following model, and why is its model number less than the following. Its more advanced in spec. More HDMI connections, movie play, 20 watt speakers instead of 10 watt, and its thinner

http://www.harveynorman.ie/samsung-32-inch-hd-ready-tv-led-tv-ue32d4003.html

thanks for yere opinions, Im hoping someone twist my arm to go out and get it :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭quietriot

Im hoping someone twist my arm to go out and get it :D

Go oxygen_temp go!

Sufficient?

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭oxygen

quietriot wrote: »
    Go oxygen_temp go!

Sufficient?

Strangely enough it nearly is yea :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 462 ✭✭vicM

Is there a particular reason you are going with a Samsung and harveynorman? Check out some good deals in powercity.ie. you can get an LG 32" but with soar view and USB divx movie playback.

Better do a little more research before you indulge

Also check out currys, D.I.D and the like

vicM wrote: »
    Is there a particular reason you are going with a Samsung and harveynorman? Check out some good deals in powercity.ie. you can get an LG 32" but with soar view and USB divx movie playback.

Better do a little more research before you indulge

Also check out currys, D.I.D and the like

Thanks VicM. I had a look at currys online. I'll pop over later.
    No particular reason but the Samsung looks to be really nice and slim for wall mounting, and its LED if that makes much of a difference. Ill have to take a trip out to PowerCity to see it for myself

Thanks VicM. I had a look at currys online. I'll pop over later.
    No particular reason but the Samsung looks to be really nice and slim for wall mounting, and its LED if that makes much of a difference. Ill have to take a trip out to PowerCity to see it for myself

I think most TVs are slim nowadays, but you are still better of going down to a bricks&Motar and seeing for yourself in the flesh, you also sometimes get deals in the store that aren't posted online yet

Good luck with the buy, BTW if hAve a generous budget, check out the smart TVs, 750 can get you a nice kit.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭quietriot

I don't see the attraction to smart tv's myself. If I was spending €750 on a TV I'd buy the best non-smart TV I could find.

Agree with seeing the units in person though although harvey norman and curries stores are considerably cheerier to be in than the fairly depressing power city.

quietriot wrote: »
    I don't see the attraction to smart tv's myself. If I was spending €750 on a TV I'd buy the best non-smart TV I could find.

Agree with seeing the units in person though although harvey norman and curries stores are considerably cheerier to be in than the fairly depressing power city.

Well then, looks like me and you quietriot are the antithesis of each other. A smart TV esp. A Samsung for me would be nirvana as I have a Samsung smartphone.

Also I would like powercity as I can go over whatever it is I want to buy without being hurried by an eager salesperson coz I already know what parameters m looking for on a gadget before I step foot in a store.

Guess that's the beauty in diversity..:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭dolallyoh

What's the benefit of having a samsung phone and tv ? Just wondering !

Cheers

dolallyoh wrote: »
    What's the benefit of having a samsung phone and tv ? Just wondering !

Cheers

Well in most cases DNLA will allow you to stream stuff from your phone to the TV if using the same network. You also get to use the phone as a remote. Also can allow mirroring of the phone onto the screen, allowing to play games on the bigger screen.

Yea. I wasnt going to say anything myself, but I was planning on veering away from smart tv's and eventually setting up a HTPC with XBMC or something. Maybe a apple tv2. Its just preference but I think they UI looks better than smart tv interfaces.

Agreed on instore is the best place to see them tho

• Advertisement
Advertisement