Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photoshop and/or Sony vegas

Options
  • 27-01-2012 2:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭

Anyone know if any of the computers on campus have the above programs installed on them?

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭OhMSGlive

Slugs wrote: »
    Anyone know if any of the computers on campus have the above programs installed on them?

Cheers!

Not sure about vegas, but the computers in the Mac labs in CSIS have Photoshop on them. Don't know about the policy on using them if you're not in CSIS though.

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Niall09

OhMSGlive wrote: »
    Don't know about the policy on using them if you're not in CSIS though.

You need a CSIS login and password

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Jagle

only csis students can use them

and being a csis student nothing worse then when there is 36 macs in the mac lab, and the place is always full of students hanging around or in there when they shouldnt be, its hard enough finding time to get in their to do assignments because there isnt enough macs for everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 needacchelp

I heard it's on computers in the Foundation building. I'm not really familiar with the building though so I can't say what rooms. It makes sense though since the product designers do a fair bit of photoshop.

The labs in the language building have some old version, I think maybe CS2.
    It would probably still be capable of everything you want.

As for the Mac lab in CSIS, I'm really not sure if I should say this here but you COULD use them without a CSIS username/password, if you know the generic local login...

I think Jagle makes it out to be busier than it is. Usually the only time people will be stuck for a computer to use in there is when there's a project due the next day, or maybe multiple projects due in the next week if it's late in the semester! So if you do get a hold of the generic login, you could use the place when it's not too busy. It'd just be a good idea to leave if it starts to fill up as for many CSIS students that lab is the only place on campus where they can actually do their coursework!

You could also try using GIMP, it's not fantastic, but if you add in the plugins for layer styles etc then the only big problem with it is the lack of proper layer grouping (Can be a real pain if you're working with LOADS of layers).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Jagle

I think Jagle makes it out to be busier than it is.

It'd just be a good idea to leave if it starts to fill up as for many CSIS students that lab is the only place on campus where they can actually do their coursework!

you said it yourself, only place csis students from 2 courses have to share 36 macs, please dont go using them if your not ment to be, and most lectures will kick you out

• Advertisement
Advertisement